16 inch for lowered look - HELP

Hitman

Neutral Newbie

Guys,

I am thinking of changing my rims to 15 to 16 inch without sacrificing on my suspension, as I do not want to get into a situation of wearing out my shocks quickly if I change springs.

However, I would like to achieve the lowered look without this change in suspension setups. Leave as stock, although jumpy and not to my liking, I think its best.

Can this be achieved by just changing the rims and tyres ? [thumbsup]

On stock, the 323 already sits quite high with 14 inch wheels. What will be the sacrifice if I change to 15 or 16 ? Speedo not accurate ? Fuel Compsumption up ? [:/]

Help ... doing this for the first time on my Mazzy so lots of unanswered questions. Dun wanna get into a situation of "REGRET LATER". [shakehead]

Edited by Hitman
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi Hitman.....

I have a friend using a 16 on 323. dunno abt the fuel consumption though.

I guess you can bring it up to 16 but using higher tyres......which brand you going for? is your 15" stock? Gad looking for 15" leh

Neutral Newbie

Your friend got compromise on suspension setup or not ? Did he achieve the lowered look by just upgrading to 16 inch wheels ?

Mine is 14 inch only lah .... Gad sure not interested one. The sports rims from Mazda, not chio at all. Maybe some Mazda 323 owners with stock rims would be interested.

Wat do you mean by higher tyres ? [dizzy]

Neutral Newbie

he did not change his suspension and it does look lowered.....i thought you using 15 now.

dun his low profile tyres lor.....so that the gap between the tyres and wheel arch is smaller

Neutral Newbie

Not looking at lower profile tyres. Normal tyres will do. [thumbsup]

See my current rim at 14 inch leaves about 7 finger spacing between top of rubber and the body wheel arch. Thats a lot of space. Thus I think 16 inch will fit snugly with still about 3 finger space. [thumbsup]

Making the space smaller would do the trick, but unsure whether suspension setup need to be compromised. [shakehead]

Dun want too low as carry full load problem liaoz ... [shakehead]

It may look lower cause the rim is larger but actual fact is the distance between tyre and wheel arch still the same as the overall diameter of the tyre is same, unless you change to larger tyres. But then the speedo buay zun liow.

Edited by Raptor

Neutral Newbie

Mr Boobs smile.gif,

By upgrading your rim size will not decrease the gap between your wheel arches and tyres......... it will give you better looks but not the "lowering look".

To reduce the height between your wheel arches and tyres, you will have to work on your suspension..... tongue.gif

Juz my 2 cents worth

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Eh , you still remember my original name har ?

Alamak , work suspension is a no-go lah. [dead]

My wife will make so much noise, that the cabin noise of the 323 will be like music to my ears. [furious]

Edited by Hitman

Neutral Newbie

Heh.Heh....of course, how to forget our "famous" Mr Boobs sly.gif.

Hmm...the Madza in your pic look very very nice.... thumbsup.gif

May I ask what is your bottomline objective ?tongue.gif

1) Is it to reduce the gap between the wheel arches and tyre, and handling

or

2) To improve on the overall looks

If 1, have to go for lowering springs or full suspension kit.

If 2, go for 16" rims and you will see and "feel" the difference thumbsup.gif

Maybe some other bros have others to add idea.gif

Neutral Newbie

Bro, the normal way is a larger rim with lower profile tyres. All this to keep the diameter of the new tyres as close as possible to stock. Unless you want to take the forbidden path........ [sly][laugh][laugh]

A 16" rim with lower profile tyres will make your car look 'lowered'. Ride comfort will definitely suffer, though.

You take some, surely must give some away........... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement