Cashcard Machine spoil~~ So Unlucky

Zheshi

Neutral Newbie

Was driving to town early in the morning, then realize that when i passed through the gantry there no deduction. Some more i have to went through 3 before reaching my destination.

Is there anyway for me to void the payment? like maybe i could explain to them what happen and hopefully they would not fine me?

By the way, first time encounter this problem... any workshops that help to repair the machine? perfer some where near to AMK? and roughy how much is it to repair it? Dun really know the exact price for that, if not later kenna "chop" i also dunno...

Thank..

↡ Advertisement

you have to pay $10 only.you can go vicom sin ming to check frist,it free unless u need to replace a new one,it will be around $150.you can looking for second hand one from some car dealer.you ask them the IU from scrap veh but

must less then 6mth

Neutral Newbie

I encounter the same problem couple of yrs back.

But instead of receiving the fines, they atually mail a letter to me asking me to send my car IU for check in AA Sin Min without fining me at all.

End up my IU was faulty and the technician said I got to pay (i think) $150+GST due to my IU had just passed the five yrs warranty.

The IU reader according to the onemotoring is warrentied for 5 years. Mine also spoiled.. must go to replace one.

Any idea wat i should do? I bought my car last Jul, but nw the IU faulty. I suspected that my PI gave me old one. Can i get my PI to pay for it then??? Thanks in adv!

We encountered the same with "ERR" error message displayed on the IU, but was due to expired cash card, LTA didn't fine us but informed us to have the card replaced.

Like that is under warranty. If your PI ask u to pay, u shove the unit up his @ss.

[laugh] joking...

Previously my previous car's unit broke down, my car was still under warranty, went back to AD and they went to viacom to get it change for me FOC.

Maybe u go onemotoring.com to find out more.

Neutral Newbie
Was driving to town early in the morning, then realize that when i passed through the gantry there no deduction. Some more i have to went through 3 before reaching my destination.

Is there anyway for me to void the payment? like maybe i could explain to them what happen and hopefully they would not fine me?

By the way, first time encounter this problem... any workshops that help to repair the machine? perfer some where near to AMK? and roughy how much is it to repair it? Dun really know the exact price for that, if not later kenna "chop" i also dunno...

Thank..

Hi ZHESHI,

Am driving a 1 year old car and also experienced the same thing as you before, TWICE. I guess there's nothing much you can do about until the letter from LTA is sent to you. It would state where the non-deduction occured with date and time too. It will also inform you to head down to Vicom for an IU inspection by a certain date, there's no exact date to adhere to. However, if you happen to pass an active gantry before you send your vehicle for the IU inspection, another letter would be sent to you again.

The only payment I made was to Vicom only and it was for the inspection and some re-wiring works done, which came up to the princely sum of about S$15.00 or thereabouts, can't really remember the exact amount. After that, the IU was working fine.

Hope the above helps.

Cheers

Dex

Neutral Newbie

Call up LTA (1800-2255582) and give them your car number. They will be able to check immediately if you get a fine and what you should do.

Neutral Newbie
We encountered the same with "ERR" error message displayed on the IU, but was due to expired cash card, LTA didn't fine us but informed us to have the card replaced.

although LTA waived the fine in your case but u still need to pay the gantry ERP fees ,rite?? else everyone will start using expired cashcard and dun need to pay anything.. but LTA not stupid too,, the most they give only one chance due to expired card, next time will surely get the fine..

Neutral Newbie
Any idea wat i should do? I bought my car last Jul, but nw the IU faulty. I suspected that my PI gave me old one. Can i get my PI to pay for it then??? Thanks in adv!

Contact back your SE. They will change for you FOC in their own workshop. Probably get another old IU to be fitted in your car....

Same as mine. I thought can go direct VICOM. End up they asked me to their workshop. Done within 5 mins... they'll update LTA for you...

really amazed by the IU design which can withstand prolong sunlight explosure, some of them are still functioning in >5yrs car.....and have seen many owner place the parking coupon to cover it, at first was thinking they are trying to prevent others realise the presense of cashcard, now I realise this may help to protect the IU.

Last night, my car (4 years old) IU had no problem when exited a HDB car park. When returned to home car park, ‘No IU Detected. Please insert cashcard…’. I called the phone number on the gantry, provided my car plate number and IU number. They raised the gantry bar for my entry. I had to do likewise this morning to exit the car park. I then went to VICOM and the engineer fumbled with the cables below the car dashboard and fixed it. He didn’t change/replace anything. I guess it was loose connection. He said no charge.

↡ Advertisement