Score OWN Goal!

RadX

Just to add more juices, the 7pm to 7am is to ensure season parking tickets holders have lots when they return from home. Many of these marked 7pm-7am are meant for high volume visitors whom may use these lots for shopping centres and other other high traffice volume places. Including Sun/Public Holidays was when they allow many places "free parking" during these days.

If they are reserved even at 5pm or whole day or public holidays, then they should just have red lots without the time limit.

Maybe a mispelling here and there by HDB, but these new contractors certainly must meet their targets and will interpret as they can.. I was even booked in my own season parking because they punch in the wrong number.

She certainly has a case.

might be a conspiracy to purposely mislead us, to gain summons monies from us [lipsrsealed]

ps: if any govt official read this, pls don't sue me ah, i'm just kidding.

i tot they are trying to show off their command of english [:p]

I was leaving the place for another as there was no parking space. So, I was not expecting him to ride in thru the NO ENTRY sign. In a hurry, I did not take down the scooter number. Or else, i'd like the CISCO to expRain! [furious]

Erh...you see ah the problem doesn't lie with "Reserved for season parking ticket holders" or "Reserved for season parking" now. That is just my observation which led me to conclude that she did not write out the exact notice as it was painted.

The problem lies with "Including Sundays and Public Holidays from 7pm-7am" or "from 7pm-7am including Sundays and Public Holidays". Both have totally different meanings. The former means "7pm-7am on Sundays and Public Holidays ONLY" (which means the lots can be used for coupon parking from 7am-7pm on Sundays and PH ONLY) and the latter means "from 7pm-7am daily including Sun/PH" (which means the lots can be used for parking daily from 7am-7pm). [:)]

Edited by Icekitten

Neutral Newbie

why so much hoohaa...?

I thought all the while it was understood as...

(weekdays,sat,sun - whole day reserved for season ticket parking.) + (PH 7pm-7am)

05Mar is sunday. whole day season parking. she kenna at 5.35pm.

09Mar is thurs. Weekday. whole day season parking. she kenna at 5.38pm.

if everybody come park anyhow and go nearby shopping mall, what are the season ticket worth for..?

Neutral Newbie

HDB must think hard & give a good answer to reject her appeals.. else if give wrong response , then public will hold it against them & they will be in deep sxxt for all similar summons issued previously..

Haha so now it has become "Reserved for season parking including Sundays, and PH 7pm-7am."

No offense meant [:)], but this doesn't make sense bcoz Sundays and PH are always regarded as the same. So it's allocated for day coupon parking on PH but on Sunday it's not? [:/]

Neutral Newbie

Haha so now it has become "Reserved for season parking including Sundays, and PH 7pm-7am."

It did not become. It is what it is all the while.

seems like it is a common mis-interpretation of rule.

I think it was clarified on papers/website some yrs back.

but this doesn't make sense bcoz Sundays and PH are always regarded as the same.

Diff business treats different day of the week differently. For some, the first day of the week is Monday while some are Sunday. Same theory goes here, it seems like to HDB, Sun and PH are not treated as same business day for some reasons..

I thought govt standard is that Sundays and PH are always the same? [confused]

The marking at my cp puts "(Including Sundays and Public Holidays)".

I only know taxis have difference for Sundays and PH... [:p]

Wha lau...think the person sell car, take public transport al....and STILL NO ANSWERlaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I am revisiting this again...still no answer...laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Think the lady migrated already liaosweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

i happened to receive a letter from HDB changing the parking rule in my estate car park.

The exact words are

"Whole day season parking (including sundays/public holidays)" which essentially means only for season ticket holders no matter wat.

And now this is changed to

"Season parking only from 7pm to 7am on mondays to saturdays and whole day on sundays/public holidays"

which means non season ticket holders can park their cars in red lots now per rule above.