Period between registration and new car delivery

Sss_man

Neutral Newbie

Anyone can enlighten me how long will it take from new car registration at LTA to owner taking delivery and what are the procedures/step? what are the things to be done 1st prior to registration?

I'm asking cos according to my SE, car already in port and awaiting from superior to approve before he will proceed with the registration. I've asked him question like coe bidding, lta inspection and putting up of additional accessories but the answer is "sorry, have to wait boss instruction 1st". Rather irritated by his answer but guess he's playing it safe and dun wan to commit into anything yet in case something screw up and i no choice but to start banging table liao hehehe..

As for coe, its either they will die die bid 1 for me on the next round or just throw in the cat E, of which i dun really bothered much. But he did promised me on black & white that car will be delivered latest by 26/03/07. So i'm wandering how long it'll take to deliver after registration. Still not confident if they can really do it by the stated date.

Will appreciate any info/feedback by those new car buyer who have got their ride. Btw, mine is from PI, quite a reputable one I should say. Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

it will take as fast as 2-3days after COE is secured...

I think someone posted this before.. you might want to search this forum. And if my memory didn't fail me, the TS also brought a P.I car.

port clearance they hv to check lor.. if got damage, then surveyor must go check first can delay until 3-4 days. otherwise clearance si 1-2 days.

cannot park too long in port else incur extra cost.

accessories, depends... undercoat usually done at night. lalio + alarm = 1/2 day max. tinting = 1/2 day max. leather seats if local = 7 days max.

hv u paid for the insurance + 1st instalment?

Second day after registration. If fast one, the very day! Don't forget, 10 years starts from this date!

My boss bought a KimChi, it took him 10 days to take delivery of his car! [sweatdrop]

Edited by Fitvip

I managed to secured my COE for previous Mar 1st bidding for my Swift Sports.

I take 3 weeks as a gauge for delivery? So should it be even faster? Called SE afew times, he said next week then can confirm the delivery..No cfm date leh..

From Champion Motors btw...should i make him commit a delivery date?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Really appreciate the valuable info from bros here, u guys are great. Guess my PI not going to face a really big problem to deliver me the car within 5 days max after next bidding. I go for the most basic version on my ride, dun think they'll take a very long time to fix up all the basic gadgets. I prefer to dress my new ride myself at those accessories shop of my choice and just get those that i need. Gadgets such as reverse camera, puny sport rims, wood grain trim, leather etc from PI not really to my liking, there's more option out there and cheaper too. Payment for 1st instalment and insurance would just be deducted off from my deposit, won't contribute to delay factors if any.

At the very least now i know that they couldn't really take me for a ride by saying delays due to lta, inspection and all those craps. Thanks again bros. cheers..... [thumbsup]

Edited by Sss_man

R u talking abt the period after the registration process (the SE letting u sign the registration papers, etc) or after registration (get number ardi).

If the former, it can be 2-3 weeks, depending on where the car is (ie. in port, doing accessories), if inside port, its out of the SE's hands as its the boss who determines when to pay taxes, etc.

If the latter, next day can ardi.

Neutral Newbie

after registration & get car no.. the SE will immediately go make the no plates for the car.. most likely will deliver the car the next day or 2 days the most..

Neutral Newbie
If they give you cat E COE, better not be from Feb 2nd bidding [sweatdrop] ..

Hi, need some info on this coe issue...

My friend just bought a lance from x&x..

She bought the so call comfirm coe so and the

se said they will go for the march 2nd bidding

and if the coe is not sucessful they will replace

her with the open cat...

My question is can she reject if the coe they

giving her is bibbed during the feb?? Cause

understand that the 1st bidding coe in march for

open cat is at 13k++... Where by the feb open cat

coe are at the lower price..

Thanks

Neutral Newbie

Usually, in the contract, there will a COE rebate level, meaning IF the rebate is set at 8k and the COE is less than 8k, then you get back the difference between 8k and the COE.

On the otherhand, I've NEVER heard of anyone buying car and the contract specified that the COE must be at less xx thousand [sweatdrop]

So in your friend's case, I think they can give the cheap COE and pay the rebate. Hopefully the rebate level is not set too low [sweatdrop]. I heard TCM is around 6K [bigcry] ??

What we are interested is the delivery after registration. It should be immediate or 1 day later, nothing longer than that! Reason as stated in my previous post.

Just tell the SE that whatever need to be done on the car should be done before registration. Once registered, it should be delivered to you, no further delay!

When I bought my previous car, TC SE wanted to bargain with me about the delivery date. I told her, they can hang their trade plate to do up the car. It did not need to be registered first!

Edited by Fitvip

I managed to secured my COE for previous Mar 1st bidding for my Swift Sports.

I take 3 weeks as a gauge for delivery? So should it be even faster? Called SE afew times, he said next week then can confirm the delivery..No cfm date leh..

From Champion Motors btw...should i make him commit a delivery date?

No point bugging him... agents have PDI centre and it's up to how the logistic department works.... the most what he can do is to push the delivery earlier for you.

But the more pushy you are, the more faults you will find on the car. Because the job are done in a slip-slop way due to time constraint.

↡ Advertisement