Chevrolet Captiva

Gz0707

Neutral Newbie
TOYOTA PRIUS – The Top Selling Vehicle of Los Angeles

Which car is the top selling vehicle in sunny Los Angeles? If your answer is the Honda Civic or the Toyota Camry, you are close but not that close… If you said Toyota Prius, bingo! Indeed, the Toyota Prius is the top selling new car in the Los Angeles market. That should not come as a big surprise to busy Angelenos who crave efficiency in their inefficient daily drives through LA traffic.

Since its debut more than 15 years ago, the Toyota Prius has come a very long way in terms of both efficiency and design, now offering a wide variety of models and trims all under the same Prius umbrella. Whether it’s our beloved celebrities or the Topanga Canyon hippies, every Prius owner seems to love their Prius. And why shouldn’t they? With miles per gallon that are more attractive than an Abercrombie & Fitch model, the Prius offers a bigger bang for the buck than most other vehicles out there – making it very hard to compete against. The Prius and all of its siblings can be found at your local Toyota Dealership or on NabThat. With most models falling around $30,000, it truly is a steal. The Toyota Prius can be purchased right from the comfort of your home through NabThat (www.nabthat.com)

However, if you truly consider yourself the progressive type, then why not buy the most efficient car on the road in the most efficient way possible? Surely there is an easier way that does not involve wasting your precious time running around going from dealer to dealer, when you could be at the beach in Santa Monica, shopping in Beverly Hills, or sliding down the slopes of Big Bear. Well, there is a company that allows you to continue your busy Los Angeles lifestyle without all the frustration and lost time of the traditional car buying experience.

Prius.jpg

Buy Your New Prius on NabThat

NabThat (that’s us!) gives you the ability to put an offer on a new Toyota Prius through your phone or computer from wherever you are connected. The service is completely free and since we never share your contact details, you don’t have to worry about being bombarded with phone calls or emails from local dealers. All you have to do is go to www.nabthat.com, pick the Toyota Prius, put in your offer and let us do the rest. We guarantee that we can get you the best price from a NabThat certified dealer on a new Toyota Prius, otherwise we will give you $500!

So, when you are ready to join the rest of Angelenos who drive through LA traffic in a Toyota Prius, look no further than NabThat. Buy a new Prius today on NabThat by simply clickinghere.

https://www.nabthat.com/buy/info/Toyota/Prius?yr=2014&modelname=Toyota_Prius&zipcode=90025

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Any captiva owners here? Thinking of getting a second hand one and would like to know the reliability vs Japanese etc. thanks.

guess my reply might have been late...well i m driving a 07 captiva now.

anyone scarpping their captiva soon?

it's still not too late. How's your experience owning it?

(edited)

it's still not too late. How's your experience owning it?

well have it for a few mths now. decend drive 1st non hyundai i owned. fuel consumption wise got accept what i m getting with a 2.4 AWD compared to my avante manual. big drop in FC.

however went to genting and driving through a plantation in Machap (johor) a few time with rocky/dirt  tracks which are muddy at times and a steep climb on a rocky hill experienced the power of a AWD.

For city driving miss the response of a manual transmission but AWD makes up to a certain extent.

AWD feels more stable on the move feel got a better grip on any kind of terrain. Certain Parts of a Chevy can cost more thats what i have learnt. but just 10mths to go now.

so u got one as well?

Edited by Rajoana

well have it for a few mths now. decend drive 1st non hyundai i owned. fuel consumption wise got accept what i m getting with a 2.4 AWD compared to my avante manual. big drop in FC.

however went to genting and driving through a plantation in Machap (johor) a few time with rocky/dirt  tracks which are muddy at times and a steep climb on a rocky hill experienced the power of a AWD.

For city driving miss the response of a manual transmission but AWD makes up to a certain extent.

AWD feels more stable on the move feel got a better grip on any kind of terrain. Certain Parts of a Chevy can cost more thats what i have learnt. but just 10mths to go now.

so u got one as well?

i am considering getting one but undecided. What makes you decide on that compared to say Outlander or Vitara etc?

i am considering getting one but undecided. What makes you decide on that compared to say Outlander or Vitara etc?

actually i didnt compared. 

took over my friends car.

it was more of a want than a need.

So given the opportunity i took over it.

since u mentioned outlander and vitara just to appeal to me dun really know y myself

If was really was looking for a suv probably i would have looked for a tucson or santa fe,

actually i didnt compared. 

took over my friends car.

it was more of a want than a need.

So given the opportunity i took over it.

since u mentioned outlander and vitara just to appeal to me dun really know y myself

If was really was looking for a suv probably i would have looked for a tucson or santa fe,

Oh but i felt this looks better than the older tucson and Sante Fe. What's your fc like? You were saying the parts are expensive. What are the parts that requires a change and how much did you pay? Did you check with your friend before buying over whether it is a low maintenance car? Sorry for the many questions

Oh but i felt this looks better than the older tucson and Sante Fe. What's your fc like? You were saying the parts are expensive. What are the parts that requires a change and how much did you pay? Did you check with your friend before buying over whether it is a low maintenance car? Sorry for the many questions

well thats very personal in every case. But my preference is just because i m all the way driving hyundais. I know the stockist well and each hyundai car how its designed, handles i can link things up easily for any hyundai model. Cos i do a fair amt of DIY so its important to know how to go abt doing the stuff i do.

Well actually the only thing that cost a fair bit was the timming belt. was 200+ after some bargaining. The rest just after i took over 1 by 1 had to change 3 ABS sensor probably was just my luck. Each was ard 110-125 i bhought some china made ones from ebay each for abt 15 and DIY changed.Apart from that notting else. Checking ATF is a pain. The dip stick really low and secured by a bolt so not easy to access when its hot there.but most newer cars are like that now a days.

For FC depends on indiviual driving. When i took over the car it was showing 13.1L/100 with my driving style i m getting ard 10.1 to 10.3l/100km which translates to abt 9.somethingkm per litre. mosty high driving and n lightly footed. city driving probably abt 6 to 7km per litre.

Well this wasn't exactly my friends personel car. Was his companys car used to chauffer clients ard and other such purpose. Therefore he didn't really kept track of what really happened to the car so to play safe i just changed the timming belt. The mileage was ard 90k.

Getting this kind of a huge car definatly not low maintenence. since this had just a 1 yr and 5 mths to go and now 10mths only thats y i didn't mind for a short term experience.

No Worries for asking many question thats the purpose of the forum right?

well thats very personal in every case. But my preference is just because i m all the way driving hyundais. I know the stockist well and each hyundai car how its designed, handles i can link things up easily for any hyundai model. Cos i do a fair amt of DIY so its important to know how to go abt doing the stuff i do.

Well actually the only thing that cost a fair bit was the timming belt. was 200+ after some bargaining. The rest just after i took over 1 by 1 had to change 3 ABS sensor probably was just my luck. Each was ard 110-125 i bhought some china made ones from ebay each for abt 15 and DIY changed.Apart from that notting else. Checking ATF is a pain. The dip stick really low and secured by a bolt so not easy to access when its hot there.but most newer cars are like that now a days.

For FC depends on indiviual driving. When i took over the car it was showing 13.1L/100 with my driving style i m getting ard 10.1 to 10.3l/100km which translates to abt 9.somethingkm per litre. mosty high driving and n lightly footed. city driving probably abt 6 to 7km per litre.

Well this wasn't exactly my friends personel car. Was his companys car used to chauffer clients ard and other such purpose. Therefore he didn't really kept track of what really happened to the car so to play safe i just changed the timming belt. The mileage was ard 90k.

Getting this kind of a huge car definatly not low maintenence. since this had just a 1 yr and 5 mths to go and now 10mths only thats y i didn't mind for a short term experience.

No Worries for asking many question thats the purpose of the forum right?

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Mileage of 90k is very low..I guess most of the other things like windows should work? Coz personally I have friends who drove certain make and things starts to come apart from the door to window not working etc. Hope the reliability in term of these are as good as Toyota? Haha

Would you recommend a COE renewal for captiva?

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Mileage of 90k is very low..I guess most of the other things like windows should work? Coz personally I have friends who drove certain make and things starts to come apart from the door to window not working etc. Hope the reliability in term of these are as good as Toyota? Haha

Would you recommend a COE renewal for captiva?

well didn't experienced those petty issue. another thing i suffer was a leaking power steering hose. and CD cannot Load CD.

To renew or not to very personel view. Any car when u renew parf is forfited. plus rd tax is gg to be gg up every yr from the 11th yr on.

My Parf is 14k. With these considerations my views are for almost any car no COE renewal.

well didn't experienced those petty issue. another thing i suffer was a leaking power steering hose. and CD cannot Load CD.

To renew or not to very personel view. Any car when u renew parf is forfited. plus rd tax is gg to be gg up every yr from the 11th yr on.

My Parf is 14k. With these considerations my views are for almost any car no COE renewal.

Wow it sounds like there are many issues. The problem is such issues sometime is not critical thus in a dilemma whether to repair it. How much did you pay to fix the issues?

Cool, understand your reasoning. I was thinking of whether the car can last another 10years or every year there will be new issues of things breaking down thus making the cost not worth it. If it don't have such nagging small issues, it might be worth as my driving is very low at 10k per annum only so wanting to keep cost as low as possible

still selling new captiva nowadays? all stocks gone?

Should be more or less gone I guess..

Previously I heard that they were clearing away their current models to make way for the newer euro 6 compliant ones. 

Should be more or less gone I guess..

Previously I heard that they were clearing away their current models to make way for the newer euro 6 compliant ones. 

When are the EURO 6 versions coming in?