My Oil Meter Suddenly Gone [:/]

Xiao_qiang

Dunno what happen. When I start the vehicle, still 1/4 tank but halfway on my journey the meter is now below empty. Thought empty but when I go topped up, on 40 and overflow. So cannot be empty. But the meter still is below empty.

Anyone had that happened to you before? How much to fix this? [:|]

[furious] Sianz just spend money on rims then this happened. Pocket dry dry.

↡ Advertisement

meter spoilt or the sensor at fuel tank spoilt. hv to ask ur mechanic to check. also check u got any special special potentialmeter added for trips to JB one anot?

disable it and see.

To me is a 4 months car. But it's actually 15 years old..Starlet ma sure old liao..

But never expect so many maintainece problems.

Neutral Newbie

I see. My 1st car in Singapore was Honda ESI and it gave me alot of problems after 3 mths of driving. Finally decided to sell it after 3 mths of driving and lost 12K in total. The photo here in my Icon was my Honda ESI, which gave me happiness as my 1st car, and most problems too. Decided to get a new car instead after settling the 12K. Just got my new car Honda Fit before CNY. Good luck to you, man. Problems for COE car will come after another. It never ends...and i think it's cheaper to maintain a new car overall.

alot of possibilities, sensor, cable, meter...etc, nobody can help you, [:/] have to go back garage, and spend $$ [;)] , unless you don't rely on this meter to tell you the fuel level, baesd on mileage/per-tank to top up petrol [laugh]

BTW, in usual 'Oil Meter' refer to engine oil pressure or turbo oil temp etc, your title quite confuss peoples [:/]

Neutral Newbie

Check with your mechanic... most of the time the float of the petrol tank spoiled or jam. I think I have 1 spare one.... Contact me if you need it.

Thanks man!! Will go to the mehanic tml..Dunno which one is open for business on Sunday..Sianz 1/2.Cos now still in Office working!

well, if its the petrol pump, then its easy to solve.... $60 bucks to replace....

if its the needle gauge on the meter, then its damm troublesome coz the ws got to dismantle the whole dashboard, just to check the small needle....

and if its really the the needle gauge, i suggest that u just leave it as it is... that means you need to know how much "km" you can travel in a full tank and you just to top up petrol whenever you are near to full tank usage..

each time you pump full tank, just reset the tripometer to "0000"....

my needle also got abit of problem.... not so bad as yrs la.... so this is what i always whenever i pump full tank.... been doing it for past 2 yrs and 3 months

I agree..Wanted to change but still like this car..Very nice car which I already fall for liao..Other then the small problems... [thumbsup] Thanks for the advice though..Actually miscount, I already have this "wife" for a good six months liao..Haha..Hope she love me and my pocket till the time I need to really change "wife"..lol [laugh]

old car, you will face alot of problems.... those small ones, just igorne them so long they wont stall yr engine on the road. can save money, just save....

those big ones, then no choice, repair or replace them.

my "no fuel" light is not even working! so i got to be relaxed over such things and go around it, without paying for the repairs.

Haha, I agree with you..But I very forgetful one. Later I forget then halfway on expressway no petrol then I got problem liao.Yah the small problem I try to ignore liao.

But I dun even have a low fuel light to begin with [lipsrsealed] LOL [laugh]

↡ Advertisement