New Car Checklist

Chromas

tq so much for the info! really appreciate it

btw any recommended car dealers that selling used cars that i can window shopping?

There are too much used car dealers out there.

Depending on your window shopping method, if u like to walk to the shops and look at the used car physically, to name a few can start with Automobile Megamart (AML), West Coast Car Mart, Mackenzie Car Mart, etc. Do note that it is tiring to walk and long hours needed, including salesman jio-ing when you approach their shop front.

If you are into online window shopping, best method is sgcarmart lor. Can sort view by used-car dealers, car type, or even particular model you are looking for. Sitting inside air-con room surfing on the web should be easier. Note that you can call the dealer to enquire more about the cars you shortlisted and most probably they will ask you to make a trip down. Bear in mind looking at the pictures may differ from the actual vehicle. :)

↡ Advertisement

Sorry don't mean to hijack this thread but pertaining to new car. 

Was thinking of getting a new car - due to some matters the sooner i can get it, the better. So in fact was thinking of going down and asking for "immediate delivery" deals. I understand that some ADs have that. 

I tried finding online but details were scant at best (some links were from 2007) so was wondering if anybody knows how much pricier will the car be for an immediate COE vs the listed price (this online article i saw from 2009 said it would range from the priciest to a marginal top up)

i know the question is very broad so maybe say a Cat 'A' car like Elantra/Kia ? 

Thanks in advance ! :) 

How do you guys finance your cars? do you saveyour money? or do you go online and take out a loan? or what do you do? and are you bothered by the interest rates? 

Thanks in advance! 

________

Marlin101

Hi

Have done some updates according to my needs (like keyless entry and camera)

AM uploading it for anyone who wish to have it

Thanks for this bro..

Turbocharged

Hi

Have done some updates according to my needs (like keyless entry and camera)

AM uploading it for anyone who wish to have it

Heh. I also thoroughly customized my own version of this checklist [:)]

I do recommend to everyone to do this to suit your car's feature set when using the checklist, but it is of course OK to use a general one.

Edited by 7hm

Thanks, it helped me.  Also, one added thing would be to ensure that you fully understand how the car loan works.  I got duped/misrepresented on a loan with an interest rate from UOB for 2.78% per year, actually the effective rate is 5.03%.  They will charge you total interest at day one.  it is not a declining balance method.  SE and even some of the loan officers do not say this to you.

Just as an FYI.  Not sure if everybody already knows this.

last wekend i walked into a premium marque and was told that i need to take a minimum loan amount of which i am not interested due to the effective interest rates. What the SE told me is that i could redeem the loan anytime after and get back  about  80%of the outstanding interest due to rule of 78. 

Neutral Newbie

Just to check if any will accept a car that is manufactured and stocked for more than 6 months when/at time of registration? Do we still consider this as a new car or should we request for a new vehicle manufacture nearer to the date of registration?

• Praise 1

Just to check if any will accept a car that is manufactured and stocked for more than 6 months when/at time of registration? Do we still consider this as a new car or should we request for a new vehicle manufacture nearer to the date of registration?

It's not uncommon, eg Subrau was clearing their 2015 stock not long ago.

You have to check the battery condition, check for rust etc.

Otherwise it can be sold as new, but with some discount.

Neutral Newbie

Hi, anyone come across company CarTimes? I would like to know reviews of this company before I decide to get the used car from them.

• Praise 1

You're quite right about this too.

Usually, we just find stains on the car body, eg. grease marks and sometimes on the leather too.

A good thorough check of the electrical systems, eg. lights wouldn't harm anyway. Always good to know that you're running on good set of lights, especially brake lights.

There have been a few isolated cases of cars upon leaving the collection centre dying on the owners barely after driving out of the centres too

Nice one bro

• Praise 1

Checklists are useful, but even more important:

READ The Manual! 

Many basic issues will be resolved if we did that.. 

Also, bring a torchlight, even in daylight and go over the surfaces, the insides of the car. Allocate some time, or better yet, take half a day's leave.

And do that nano or paint protection thing soonest..