New Car Checklist

Chromas

Do not buy new cars yet !

Because of the 1 Sept new emission rule and another new emission rule next year, there will be many changes.

Best time to buy new car is actually beginning of 2018.

↡ Advertisement

Do not buy new cars yet !

Because of the 1 Sept new emission rule and another new emission rule next year, there will be many changes.

Best time to buy new car is actually beginning of 2018.

Thought by then will not have CEVS rebate?

Collect new car Top Priority - Check surface, interior and exterior.

New car might have poor workmanship or suffer scratches during production and transportation. It is one of the worst dispute when one finds out after taken over for a few days. Skin thick thick, whip out phone, turn on torch light and scan the whole car.  

1. Check body paint for scratches and uneven paint finish (this is quite common actually).

2. Check all interior panels for scratches and finishing, doors, center and front especially .

3. Scan all the seats. (Take note leather itself is not perfect and the wrapping at the corners can also be challenging.) 

If found anything not right, the level of acceptance is pretty much up to individual. Know your rights but also don't be over. 

Do make the collection an enjoyable one.

Neutral Newbie

Collected new car from Peugeot but later realized got electronic issue. No redressal system in place...my advise to all make sure everything is ok before collecting your new car...

Is there any checklist for buying new car that we need to take note? Some PI may put 4 bid guaranteed but the bid may not be continuous.

MotoristMel: Although a little different as compared to what you’re looking for, here’s some things to look out for when buying a car from parallel importers:

1) List down the terms and conditions in black and white to prevent any empty promises or in case of a legally binding lawsuit

2) Confirm when your car will be arriving before paying a deposit in case your PI puts your offer on hold just so that they can sell to others with better deals

3) Make sure the warranty covers any maintenance workshop that is authorized to prevent any third-party fraud

4) Check to see if your PI is credible, authorized and reputable by the deals he/she has made before or any other friends and family  

There’s also an article on the common misconceptions of PI if it helps!

http://www.motorist.sg/article/130/5-common-misconceptions-about-parallel-importers?utm_source=forum&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=mcf

If we found things not working there dirt on the leather, scratches etc. We ask AD to fix immediately and arrange for another collection?

If small problems just note down, get SE to sign as to guarantee fix during first servicing, which is 1000km.

thanks for the list , but it is a must to do all ? if we do check one by one during the collection, it would be taking how long? And do we need to drive around to check the brake system, transmission, suspension whether got abnormality such as sound, etc

Hi everyone,

Trying to ask something unbelievable from your all, car driver. Well not new to all car forum but new here at SgCarMart.

Anyone know where to get the car leather seat convert to fabric one?

It looks something I asked in the reverse sense.

I'm looking for a new car and have lock in the the brand but only to know the car seats are only in Leather. Most of my family members are not able to take the "leather smell" , one would complaint giddiness, suffocating feeling and so on.

Any idea or shop in Singapore do he reverse conversion? 

Hunson <_<  

Hi everyone,

Trying to ask something unbelievable from your all, car driver. Well not new to all car forum but new here at SgCarMart.

I'm looking for a new car and have lock in the the brand but only to know the car seats are only in Leather. Most of my family members are not able to take the "leather smell" , one would complaint giddiness, suffocating feeling and so on.

Hunson <_<  

this is indeed very rare. maybe you can explore getting a cover instead of changing permanently. next time u want to sell your car maybe disadvantage. you can go taobao and see .. sometimes they do have such cover for the seats. but as in whether the smell will still there i dont know.. u can try and definitely cheaper this way. also will void warranty? wait the AD chu pattern

Hi everyone,

Hunson <_<  

One thing that you have to consider is that if you wna sell your car in the future, the selling price/ price buyer is willing to pay for will be much lower than other cars of the same model because it doesn’t come with the original leather seat tho

↡ Advertisement