WARNING: Traffic Police New Mode of Operations !!!

Vit4wd

Was at Four Seasons Hotel this morning waiting for a friend from overseas, when I spotted this Traffic Police Officer on the overheadbridge setting up his camera and tripod.

But instead of facing his camera towards Wheelock Place, to face oncoming traffic from Orchard MRT (Orchard Boulevard), he positioned his camera to face the opposite direction, facing the direction of Four Seasons Hotel instead.

So now, when driving & you look up the overhead bridge to spot for TP camera, and seeing none, you speed up, only to have your REAR no. plate snapped when you drive past the overhead bridge!!!

Now I know why those TP on overheadbridges on the PIE have suddenly disappeared. They have repositioned their cameras to face the opposite direction, the rear of your car!!!

There are no signs stating the speed limit of Orchard Boulevard, so it means the speed limit on this wide 4 lane rd is 50km/h. It is very easy to exceed the legal speed limit if you are not careful.

Beware and please drive carefully and adhere to speed limits.

post-1-1174477344.jpg

post-1-1174477345_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vit4wd
↡ Advertisement

Hmm, have also noticed they snap speeding cars not from front but the rear.

Maybe the cameras are built to capture from the rear and not front.

Juz like the speed camera mounted on expressways.

At night they can only shoot the rear cos I'd guess the headlight too glaring for them to capture the number plate....

So now daytime they also pratice shooting the rear? sweatdrop.gif

Neutral Newbie

so sneaky now... [:(] and they are wearing white!! in the day easy to notice? at night see white will scared too. wahaha. dunno is tp or...esp 7th mth on lunar calendar.

Please slow down when approaching any overhead bridges in Singapore, unless you are adhering to the legal speed limit.

This seems sneaky - but a minor plus point is that hopefully there will be less accidents caused by last-min e-braking just because some idiot driver spotted a TP camera on a bridge.

If you are distracted or too carried away to watch your speed, just grit it and take the fine - instead e-braking and causing accidents or near-accidents.

This method of shooting at the rear only works with bridges with either enough cover or where the angle makes it hard to see who's on top.

For some other bridges like the ones over PIE btw Paya Lebar and Kallang and old police academy/ Jalan Toa Payoh, you can still spot them from a distance.

Neutral Newbie
Was at Four Seasons Hotel this morning waiting for a friend from overseas, when I spotted this Traffic Police Officer on the overheadbridge setting up his camera and tripod.

But instead of facing his camera towards Wheelock Place, to face oncoming traffic from Orchard MRT (Orchard Boulevard), he positioned his camera to face the opposite direction, facing the direction of Four Seasons Hotel instead.

So now, when driving & you look up the overhead bridge to spot for TP camera, and seeing none, you speed up, only to have your REAR no. plate snapped when you drive past the overhead bridge!!!

Now I know why those TP on overheadbridges on the PIE have suddenly disappeared. They have repositioned their cameras to face the opposite direction, the rear of your car!!!

There are no signs stating the speed limit of Orchard Boulevard, so it means the speed limit on this wide 4 lane rd is 50km/h. It is very easy to exceed the legal speed limit if you are not careful.

Beware and please drive carefully and adhere to speed limits.

MODUS OPERANDI CONFIRMED ...

Same Hidden TP along Bukit Timah and Jurong East ...!!!!! They hide at the corner of the OHB ....Not in the centre ...!!! BEware ...

Neutral Newbie
VERY OFTEN i saw TP at overhead brigde cause all cars to slow down during peak hrs traffic ( PIE b4 Steven Rd )

Not sure if there is a bus lane in this area, but I saw they are catching those driving in bus lane during peak hours in Upp Thomson Roard (Towards Lorie Road), same thing they put this camera on the tripod and stand on the far left hand side of the overhead bridge (just passed Thomson CC), with bumper to bumper morning congestion, I don't think they are catching speeding offenders, so......

Neutral Newbie

I have also seen them on the overhead bridge pointing directly at a downslope. So even if you were adhering to the speed limit, when u go down the slope, your car will pick up speed (err... due to gravity) and you will be caught!!! Very infuriating. I got 2 warning letters from the tp due to this I believe. I'm pretty sure I wasn't speeding cos I've been quite obsessed over my speed after the first warning letter.

By the way this occurred on Lornie rd, in the direction of Farrer rd. Right after the slip rd with the cars coming in from the PIE.

Neutral Newbie

actually its no new trick got book twice along pie toward tuas hiding above the brigde wher coperation rd meets ,they even tried putting the camera inside bus stop rubbish bin

Neutral Newbie

yikes! is it just me or do they seem to be stepping up efforts in catching traffic offenders? I've been driving everyday for 5 years and I don't recall seeing tp on such regular basis.

speeding by 10 to 20kmh shouldnt be e main cause of accidents.

They shld catch reckless drivers instead or those inexperienced drivers

Imagine, the car infront of u spotted the TP on the bridge, den he slowed down significantly, u oso slowed down, but the guy behind was tailgating...

So wads the cause of accident? [rifle]

snap ppl, more $?

↡ Advertisement