Incident outside Tuas Fire Station ( 27th March 2007)

Cracker

Date : 27th March 2007 ( Tuesday)

Time : 0735 ~ 0745

I will like to did any of one see this incident.

I was on my way to way travelling the PIE towards Tuas.

There is a traffic light outside the fire station for emergency use to facilitate

the ambulances or fire trucks to move out of the station...those who use this stretch of road in the morning will know how congested it can be.

As I approached the fire station coming from Jurong side, the traffic light was switched on to "Amber" and to "Red"...Vehicles from both side of the road came to a halt...instead of hearing siren screaming or seeing fire truck or ambulances coming out of the station. A bright red car (looked like a Honda Integra) came out from the guard house , turned right and move off towards the direction of PIE towards Changi Airport's direction.

Did any of the fellow driver here experience it..or at least came to a halt outside the fire station....cos there was easily dozen of vehicles on both side of the road stopping.

There wasnt any flashing beacon on top of the car and neither was the hazard light on. I could only see the driver wearing more like civilian clothing instead of uniform. My vehicle was just one car away from the yellow junction box..so could see quite clearly.

↡ Advertisement

so what?

r u trying to imply a misuse of traffic light?

ermm .. if u r buay song that motorists has to stop for one car and have a bone to pick with a firefighter who probably had a long day and work and is about to go home on a well deserved rest then really something about mentality has to change. civil servants are human too.

the traffic lights there r human operated by station, yes you r right. the vehicle needs to come out, so they will need to switch the light for him. else how is he ever gonna go out? turn left and join the road? u think tt can happen? common just gif tt poor chap a break.

anyway im not tt guy and i just happen to work in tt area.

cheers, take it easy n let go

Hmm...was serving my NS in Tuas Fire Station.

During my Rota(aka Platoon in Army) duty day, no one is to use the traffic light as personal usage. Or will be dealt seriously.

Moreover at engine bay has camera directly linked to HQ. Maybe its a officer's vehicle hurrying to a fire scene.

Geez, I'm not sure dude. But its really daring to stop all the cars at the area just for personal use.

I know how congested that area can be.

Saw countless of accidents myself while on duty.

u r so freaking wrong!

So wad is a fire fighter after a long hard duty trying to go home for a good sleep?

We are NOT suppose to misuse the traffic lights!

I drives to duty when I'm on duty.

Yes, all personnels driving need to turn left join in the traffic, turn right to a SPC nearby and exit to PIE or AYE.

Thread starter just felt is wrong to mis-use the traffic light.

Yes, civil servants are human too. But all humans need to follow laws and regulations.

Ever stopped 1 occasion by the lights. Nothing came out.... even the doors of the station was not open. Me 1st car. Waited for full 10mins... imagine the traffic built up..... next thing.... turn green. [:|]

[:|] Life goes on..... [:p] Just imagine someone accidentally hit the switch [sly]

Abuse light system? Boh pian also [bounce1]

No matter wat also cannot abuse system lah. Thats the difference between SG and the rest of SEA country. Up north and down south, people always like to say kawan kawan nbr mind. Once in a while only. Tats y full of nepotism and corruption. Got system... follow system. Cannot follow system.... then don't implement it... or even come up with one [lipsrsealed]

If the chap really abuse the light for his own personal gain, how can we entrust him to carry out duty properly? [shakehead]

But Im sure, we give him benefit of doubt... he maybe really rush to put out fire at some hawker centre?... after da bao roti prata [knife]

so what?

r u trying to imply a misuse of traffic light?

ermm .. if u r buay song that motorists has to stop for one car and have a bone to pick with a firefighter who probably had a long day and work and is about to go home on a well deserved rest then really something about mentality has to change. civil servants are human too.

the traffic lights there r human operated by station, yes you r right. the vehicle needs to come out, so they will need to switch the light for him. else how is he ever gonna go out? turn left and join the road? u think tt can happen? common just gif tt poor chap a break.

anyway im not tt guy and i just happen to work in tt area.

cheers, take it easy n let go

so are you the one who are tasked to man the switch? sly.gifhur.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

I have to disagree with you.

Unless that traffic light is working normally for cars to turn out from the fire station, that fellow is wrong to activate it.

So what if he had a hard day at work. I have a hard day at work but do I whack thru traffic light so that I can go home for my well deserved rest?

it have nothing to do with whether he's in the civil service anot. it have more to do with "is a person correct to use official rights to fulfill their personnel needs"

I'm human too... but I don't abuse my authority during or after work.

Date : 27th March 2007 ( Tuesday)

Time : 0735 ~ 0745

I will like to did any of one see this incident.

I was on my way to way travelling the PIE towards Tuas.

There is a traffic light outside the fire station for emergency use to facilitate

the ambulances or fire trucks to move out of the station...those who use this stretch of road in the morning will know how congested it can be.

As I approached the fire station coming from Jurong side, the traffic light was switched on to "Amber" and to "Red"...Vehicles from both side of the road came to a halt...instead of hearing siren screaming or seeing fire truck or ambulances coming out of the station. A bright red car (looked like a Honda Integra) came out from the guard house , turned right and move off towards the direction of PIE towards Changi Airport's direction.

Did any of the fellow driver here experience it..or at least came to a halt outside the fire station....cos there was easily dozen of vehicles on both side of the road stopping.

There wasnt any flashing beacon on top of the car and neither was the hazard light on. I could only see the driver wearing more like civilian clothing instead of uniform. My vehicle was just one car away from the yellow junction box..so could see quite clearly.

if its really integra, then not bad hor.. police bought wrx while scdf bought integra.. what will army, air force and navy purchase..? sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

so that "bright red car" ta bao what back har?

I'm more curious to know what food was brought. is it good? can give a food review and recommendation?

The army is buying a Hummer, the Air force is pooling money to buy a Lambo..

the navy are going to buy QQ for all the navy people.

u r so freaking wrong!

So wad is a fire fighter after a long hard duty trying to go home for a good sleep?

We are NOT suppose to misuse the traffic lights!

I drives to duty when I'm on duty.

Yes, all personnels driving need to turn left join in the traffic, turn right to a SPC nearby and exit to PIE or AYE.

Thread starter just felt is wrong to mis-use the traffic light.

Yes, civil servants are human too. But all humans need to follow laws and regulations.

maybe his job is to push the button.. laugh.giflaugh.gif