Is buying a Proton in Singapore stupid?

Dlar2

Neutral Newbie

I am asking this question is that it seems like Proton are treating us as a fool.

Example, they have came out Waja with Campro engine more than 8 months ago (I knew because my in-law drives one) and we are still not selling it here.

Waja with Campro engine could clock at least 650km per full tank with the way my in-law drive in Malaysia. He told me that Waja without Campro engine could only clock max 580km per full tank.

Since in Singapore we are paying so much for a car, Proton is not selling us their latest/best car.

Same thing goes for Perduo, Myvii has been selling like hot cake in Malaysia and is a good car but in Singapore it is still not available, they are still selling Kelisa.....

[thumbsdown]

Don't proton owners in Singapore felt short charge?

No wonder their sales never go up.

↡ Advertisement

why blame proton?

Think about it, it will up their sales and they have nothing to do with the petrol compaines here. So why will they not bring it in?

If really they have been prevented from bringing it in then i believe it is because someone or something is not allowing them to bring it in. As to who it is, what do you think?

Waja Campro engine may not be as fuel efficient as the Mitsubhi engine according to some.

Why is it so? Cuz Campro peak torque comes at a higher rpm as compared to the mitsubishi which peaks at 2750rpm which makes it a better city car.

Check out their latest facelifted waja with campro engine. nt sure whether u like anot. Doesnt appeals to me.

just learnt that Proton Iswara 1.3 litre is now on a promotion price of RM 26,999. Assuming throw it away afer 5 years of driving, given its "quality", it is still a very cheap drive - RM 5,400 depreciation per year.

Where to get ?

Is it possible to import MY or indonesian cars ourselves or go through PIs? Cause cars like the Toyota Avanza, Nissan Livina and Perodua MyVI looks good.

Edited by Sgnick

I am asking this question is that it seems like Proton are treating us as a fool.

Example, they have came out Waja with Campro engine more than 8 months ago (I knew because my in-law drives one) and we are still not selling it here.

Waja with Campro engine could clock at least 650km per full tank with the way my in-law drive in Malaysia. He told me that Waja without Campro engine could only clock max 580km per full tank.

Since in Singapore we are paying so much for a car, Proton is not selling us their latest/best car.

Same thing goes for Perduo, Myvii has been selling like hot cake in Malaysia and is a good car but in Singapore it is still not available, they are still selling Kelisa.....

thumbsdown.gif

short change?

if we have the campro waja here,it should cost more than the base waja.

I doubt Sin Tien Seng, authorised distributor for Daihatsu Sirion will allow its identical sibling, the Perodua MYVi to be broughht into S'pore.

Neutral Newbie

I maybe wrong but...

I remember seeing the Myvi at the showroom at Bukit Timah and also on the roads registered under Singapore Number plate.. It is not the Dahaitsu model that I saw though it looks alike..

I also remember that I saw a Waja with Campro engine in the showroom at Teban quite a while back...

All was it only for show cannot buy?

Not too sure cause I did not enquire about it though..

One reason why the Waja Campro is not available here is because Proton Singapore has got too much uncleared-stock of the pre fl Waja.

As for the Perodua Myvi, since STS is already selling the Sirion and the Passo which is available through PI, it isn't a smart move to bring in a "similar" model?

"Same thing goes for Perduo, Myvii has been selling like hot cake in Malaysia and is a good car but in Singapore it is still not available, they are still selling Kelisa....."

The Kelisa is a model on it's own. It has nothing to do with the Myvi.

[;)]

Neutral Newbie

Interior space for Waja and Gen2 s worlds apart...something like Vios and Altis.

[thumbsdown]

i think they still have a lot of ex-stocks to clear before they are able to bring in the latest models

i saw alot of protons at teban.. waiting to be registered i think. parked out in the open.

[thumbsdown]

The Myvii is not alowed in SG as SG is the market for the Daihatsu Sirion. Its an agreement made between Daihatsu & Perodua I think, coz Daihatsu tech transfer Perodua to make the Myvii.

if you want Campro engine,can get the Gen 2.

moreover,Gen 2 looks nicer than Waja to me.

Agree! I find gen2 quite chio! Esp the rims! Machiam Lambo rims [:p]

Edited by Rickster

thumbsdown.gif

Waja Mit engine can clock so much on full tank? I think its only when travelling in MY NSH. Me using company Waja Auto in SG could get around 520-550km before refuelunsure.gif.

Proton Perdana V6 is also a model higher than Waja / Gen 2 but not available here. I guest many car company has their restriction / reason for not bring in some model, for example Honda, Toyota, Nissan etc also did not bring in the latest / full range. Otherwise BM should bring in Wish on their own (if no unknow reason/restriction) instead of letting PI selling it like hot cake, and I believe no Toyota buyer would feel that they are being short change....tongue.gif

Last check in Jan '07, Waja with Mit engine "left" with only 2 colours, hence maybe there would be campro Waja soon? or maybe they are waiting to bring in newer model after some new partner from US/Europesly.gif? In any case if the new Proton Model is price reason, my company would consider changing the current batch of MY cars (Proton & Perodua) coz we go to MY very often...thumbsup.gif

Neutral Newbie

yes it is. proton cars sold in msia and sg are priced roughly the same. but one in ringgit and one is SGD. [sweatdrop] Thats according to what my malaysian mechanic told me.

↡ Advertisement