Is buying a Proton in Singapore stupid?

Dlar2

Neutral Newbie

u can have many answers to this qns. but bottom line is...

its never stupid to buy it (or any other make for that matter) if it allows you to live the life you would lead even if you hadn't bought a car.

↡ Advertisement

Depend on how one look at it.

If for cheaper cost and maintenance, is a good buy.

But now there are China made with latest styling.

Note that some Proton models belong to 80s and 90s selling at today's price.

It's not stupid. Depends on what you looking for in a car. For example some people will always say korean cars are [thumbsdown] though they never own one before. So definitely will be people who looks down on MALAYSIAN cars no matter how good that model is.

spending too much on a car is stupid

in ur opinion..

some pple got more money than me, can spend more on a car than me, and still have more $$ left over.

i wun call that stupid [;)]

(edited)

Just to add-on...."they dont need to work as hard as u too". [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Sorry har....im just trying to pass the last 1/2 hour in office without falling asleep. [:p][:p][:p]

Edited by Hiphiphoray

Neutral Newbie

A bro commented that he saw gen2 in Taiwan.. Not to be alarm.. Dont we see Iswara in Mr Bean Show? haha..

Anyway, I think buying a Proton or Perodua in SG is great. Cause you can get cheap parts across the bridge.

Myvi is indeed chio.. if like many bros say it is going thru LTA approval.. i will think of buying. the fron looks so zen and the backside is nicer then passo or sirion.

On a side note, was reading a Myvi forum some time back and some Myvi owners complained abt water collecting under their car mat after rain and the back windscreen shattered when closing the boot door. That's what happen when mass production to keep to the sales.

(edited)

I don't think Toyota and Dathatsu will not be happy seeing Perodua selling a cost down version of their design in SGP.

Edited by EvenStar

One of my friend bought a gen2 a year plus back(SFM plate) now want to sell because family need the extra space. ask around and because of his zero down payment need to top up 10k plus to get rid of his gen2.

SFM is late 2004, Sept to Oct '04 so it's almost 3 yr old.

He probably paid S$60K for it back then.

Turbocharged
We are all stupid actually. We got a loan with exhorbitant fees and interest just to own the car.

My resolution would be to pay the car in one lump sum when I make my next purchase.

Turbocharged
One of my friend bought a gen2 a year plus back(SFM plate) now want to sell because family need the extra space. ask around and because of his zero down payment need to top up 10k plus to get rid of his gen2.

This never crossed the mind of the buyers when they first committed to such a purchase.

Many people were lured, and then trapped, unfortunately.