Is buying a Proton in Singapore stupid?

Dlar2

Neutral Newbie

The biggest reason Myvi is not in singapore is because it's selling so well in msia the production cannot meet up! The waiting list is usually 4 to 6 months.... I would love to buy it here. The Daihatsu Sirion ironically doesnt look as good despite they developed the model. Msians impoved on the exterior design.

Other than that i think some forummers here are right abt STS may not allowing Myvi to be imported. Daihatsu owns 51% of perodua msia so might have conflict of interest.

I am asking this question is that it seems like Proton are treating us as a fool.

Example, they have came out Waja with Campro engine more than 8 months ago (I knew because my in-law drives one) and we are still not selling it here.

Waja with Campro engine could clock at least 650km per full tank with the way my in-law drive in Malaysia. He told me that Waja without Campro engine could only clock max 580km per full tank.

Since in Singapore we are paying so much for a car, Proton is not selling us their latest/best car.

Same thing goes for Perduo, Myvii has been selling like hot cake in Malaysia and is a good car but in Singapore it is still not available, they are still selling Kelisa.....

[thumbsdown]

Don't proton owners in Singapore felt short charge?

No wonder their sales never go up.

I think they are telling us not to buy it, this is one of the signs and have u wondered why a Waja cos much more than some Jap cars? This is sign no.2.

For Perodua, skip the Myvi. You have the better Sirion here and the Sirion is one of the best and cheapest Jap in Singapore. I think it has 4 airbags.

Neutral Newbie

if im really to get a proton, then a good comparison would be china cars. And it could very possibly turn out to be china cars. In so far, no sound fr QQ owners

I am asking this question is that it seems like Proton are treating us as a fool.

Example, they have came out Waja with Campro engine more than 8 months ago (I knew because my in-law drives one) and we are still not selling it here.

Waja with Campro engine could clock at least 650km per full tank with the way my in-law drive in Malaysia. He told me that Waja without Campro engine could only clock max 580km per full tank.

Since in Singapore we are paying so much for a car, Proton is not selling us their latest/best car.

Same thing goes for Perduo, Myvii has been selling like hot cake in Malaysia and is a good car but in Singapore it is still not available, they are still selling Kelisa.....

[thumbsdown]

Don't proton owners in Singapore felt short charge?

No wonder their sales never go up.

The Myvii is not alowed in SG as SG is the market for the Daihatsu Sirion. Its an agreement made between Daihatsu & Perodua I think, coz Daihatsu tech transfer Perodua to make the Myvii.

I heard MyVi was going through LTA some time ago... and the process will take 1 yr. Not so much on agreement on Daihatsu and Perodua... think STS and Daihatsu... .

I maybe wrong but...

I remember seeing the Myvi at the showroom at Bukit Timah and also on the roads registered under Singapore Number plate.. It is not the Dahaitsu model that I saw though it looks alike..

I also remember that I saw a Waja with Campro engine in the showroom at Teban quite a while back...

All was it only for show cannot buy?

Not too sure cause I did not enquire about it though..

U are seeing the Toyota Passo....

The biggest reason Myvi is not in singapore is because it's selling so well in msia the production cannot meet up! The waiting list is usually 4 to 6 months.... I would love to buy it here. The Daihatsu Sirion ironically doesnt look as good despite they developed the model. Msians impoved on the exterior design.

Other than that i think some forummers here are right abt STS may not allowing Myvi to be imported. Daihatsu owns 51% of perodua msia so might have conflict of interest.

I agree on "production" cannot meet up to certain extend... but who doesn't want a bigger market share?

Have you seen the Boon X4 or the Sirion Sports? They look really nice in my point of view, have to agree the basic Sirion looks a little dull but the MyVi is not improving on the "looks" department... instead of improve, i think they "deprove" it.... the front looks so drastic and interior looks bland...

Neutral Newbie

I think u misunderstood me on the prodution part. I am sure perodua would make to sell Myvi here. It's just that they are unable to due to demand that they have to fulfill in msia. They are selling faster than they can assemble Myvi in msia! :)

Boon X4 and Sirion Sports is delicious indeed. I was referring to original Sirion when i said myvi looks better. Sportier bonnet, agressive headlights and nicer grill. Not sure abt interior as i have not seen both interiors.

Hope i am clear now. :)

i believe if you want value for money there are many other cars with well proven track record and reliability test results

no point in saving a few hundreds but lost in few thousands in fast depreciation and frequent repair bills.

BUT IF you like the car so much and live with its good and bad

then go for it

it is really a matter of heart versus the pocket

hope this helps

just learnt that Proton Iswara 1.3 litre is now on a promotion price of RM 26,999. Assuming throw it away afer 5 years of driving, given its "quality", it is still a very cheap drive - RM 5,400 depreciation per year.

Where to get ?

In msia.. nobody throw car away one. No such thing as a 10 year COE.. U buy the car, u can drive it till the car can no longer move.

Good hor?

Buy Ferrari lagi wu hua there.

Neutral Newbie

isnt same as korean cars? buy high, sell low... juz like my ride. [furious]

but perodua/proton can go msia zhng, parts cheaper, korean car not much mod part

I am not really into buying a Malaysian brand... i will avoid Malaysian, Chinese and Korean (except Chevrolet)... u text the wrong person.

Neutral Newbie

Is this the same as other brands of cars bringing in newer models to Singapore only at a later date and not when it was launched?

↡ Advertisement