Korean has improved. It is on par or better Jap brand now. Is it true? Let poll.

Keithpapa

Korean has improved. It is on par or better Jap brand now. Is it true? Let poll.  

150 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes
    • on par
    • no

Neutral Newbie

Korrean has catched up with the Jspanese on their design, fitting and hopefuly QC for the past years as some has said b4. Based on your own experience and knowledge, it is true? Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

I believe Korean Car is on par with the nippon car in term of design and fitting...

Engine and technology wise, still think nippon better...

Edited by Beei

No doubts the the Koreans are improving greatly especially over the last 2 years.

but overall, i think they still lose out in some areas.

Perhaps in the next couple of years, they might be on par or even overtake the Japs.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
[nod] in fact, this will push the Jap on also. I like competition for consumer $$$. [:)] Edited by Keithpapa

i was going to mention the T and H brand too [sweatdrop] ...

hopefully Korean carmaker can come out with a very good FC car...

Korrean has catched up with the Jspanese on their design, fitting and hopefuly QC for the past years as some has said b4. Based on your own experience and knowledge, it is true? Thanks.

i used to drive a Kia Sephia, year 2000 model. i thought that was already very impressive for a korean car, although noisy hehe

Neutral Newbie

I would say it is on par or better than the Japanese, why I say so? Kia has started the Hybrid and Turbo-Charge engine for the Korean trend so isn't it on par or even better?

Just to share in other area like transmission, though the Korean do not have the CVT for their auto range but they have improved on their Auto Gearbox which makes the changing of gear so smooth that you will never notice that there is change of gear.

For CVT, it might be very smooth of changing gear but there is still some problem in this gearbox and the maintenance is higher compared to Auto Gearbox.

How do you fair when the Korean has the technology and knowledge to tune the Auto Gearbox just like the CVT which result in the smoothness of changing gear without the jerky feeling like those used in the Japanese cars?

Edited by Carlover76

Neutral Newbie

As for the technologies beneath the car bonnet, i m not too sure. Design wise, some Korean cars are indeed better than some Jap cars.. But if based on experiences of driving Korean & Japanese cars, i would find Jap cars - Toyota ,Honda ,Mazda(drove all before) better in terms of pick up response & handling on the roads..as compared to Kia & Hyundai(drove quite a no of times)cars.. But then this is only my own driving experiences that i m relating..

So Korean fans , dun flame me! [cool]

CVT maintainance is the same as any auto gearbox, only difference is the type of transmission fluid. some conti makes such as Audi also using CVT.

The corollas and sunnies nvr uses CVT but their gear change is also very smooth. not sure abt sunny but corolla has this super ECT gearbox [thumbsup]

Korean's car engine technology mainly comes from others, unlike jap or conti where they will go into R&D

Maybe we should look at this:

Jap is Jap, Conti is conti and Korean is Korean. Each have their own pro and constongue.gif

Never ending if insist to compare.....sweatdrop.gif

Edited by Caaa

Neutral Newbie

i feel that it is on par in some ways and lose in some way and win in some way

On Par - performance, outlook

Lose - features, interior quality (for mid end cars)

Win - realibility (vs Thailand made jap cars) and price

Neutral Newbie

Korean cars have indeed improved alot...

However, still not on par with Jap cars. Perhaps a few yrs down the road, they will.

Think they need more R&D n make their engine more powerful as the body of korean cars is always heavier than Jap cars.

Hyundai Advante is a great improvement... Heard its not bad.

No. Korean will be Korean, Japanese will still be Japanese and Conti will be Conti.

For so many years do u see the Japanese cars are on par with the Conti cars?? Not all I think. Both have their pros and cons.

But in the car industry competition is fierce, it's not just the car that attracts the buyer but I believe the overall package(price, servicing & maintainance) that comes with it.

If u want good design, fitting and luxury in a car, of course it'll also come with a "good" price tag. "Good" to the dealers and manufacturers. [laugh]

Design is [nod][nod][nod]

Fitting, Engine & Technology is still slightly behind IMHO [:p]

However, some Japanese makes have shifted their production line for certain models away from Japan for Asia models and their QC is also pretty doubtful too IMHO [:|] Maybe , i'm biased [:p]

↡ Advertisement