Vacuum Cleaner - Let's talk about it.  

67 members have voted

1. 1.

• Mine cost < $200
    • Mine cost $200 to < $400
    • Mine cost $400 to < $600
    • Mine cost $600 & above

Dear all,

Was doing some clearing and realised that after vacuuming for awhile ... the dust bag inside got lots of dust.

So when we throw it away, must get it replace.

Then I saw this new model that don't use the bag kind but some new technology don't need to replace the dust bag and it cost $498!!

So just wanna find out from here who use those type like Osim Mermaid etc .. what are the feedback?

↡ Advertisement

the disposal bag idea is old already. today, the current solution to the bag is a container instead. So just remove the container and just throw away the dust inside. Some containers req water to trap the dirt while others use HEPA filters to trap and clean the outgoing air. Either way, you don't need to replace anything during the cleaning process.

Turbocharged

[reply]So just wanna find out from here who use those type like Osim Mermaid etc .. what are the feedback?[reply]

I use the Osim Mermaid for my weekly cleaning. This model has been discontinued and replaced by bigger brother iEcology which is more than $1k.

Pros of Osim Mermaid:

Powerful engine

Very clean - sucks up all the cat hair and traps them in the water filter

The HEPA filters are replaceable

No weird smell from the vacuuming as all dirt gets trapped in the water

Lesser bacteria in the machine as it does not utilise a bag (assuming you throw way the dirty water after every cleaning)

Reliable - serving me well for the past 5 years or so

Cons:

Heavy and bulky - Ladies will find it difficult to manoeuver the machine

Noisy - maybe because it's powerful?

Will need to clean the water container after every cleanup so that the water won't smell because of the bacteria

Wheels are very stiff so we carry rather than pull it around.

If it spoils, I will probably buy the Kratcher model which has a similar function. I don't need the steaming function of the iEcology.

I would suggest the vacuum using the water as traps. This will in fact prevent "spillage"

It traps dusts and dirt better then any bags. Just pour it away. Also, it works wonders on carpets..etc.

For me, I don't even mop my place. I use a Karcher Steamer instead to clean the house. Super duper good. Clean, no chemical. Cleans and kills mites and other contaminants.

Can also doubly as a good steam iron and glass/window cleaner as well.

Great for toilets, kitchen (superb on oily surfaces), carpets and upholsteries.

Rgds

Neutral Newbie
Dear all,

Was doing some clearing and realised that after vacuuming for awhile ... the dust bag inside got lots of dust.

So when we throw it away, must get it replace.

Then I saw this new model that don't use the bag kind but some new technology don't need to replace the dust bag and it cost $498!!

So just wanna find out from here who use those type like Osim Mermaid etc .. what are the feedback?

Bro, I think you saw this at Courts Megastore right? It is a Dyson vaccuum cleaner, utilising centrifugal force or something like that. I bought it last month. No complaints. I have a 15 year old Miele that broke down.. [bigcry] Yes, can last that long.. but think it costs more than 2000 dollars those days... I have no regrets with the Dyson at all, very powerful, and very mobile, more so than the Miele due to the bigger wheels, I think. I understand top top top super vacuum cleaner is still the Rainbow, vacuum and mop at the same time.

Turbocharged

I heard that this Rainbow is sold under MLM, industrial strength and costs more than $2k. Must demo somemore by the sales person at your home. My friend had a hard time getting the sales person to leave his house. And that was nearly like midnight.

I'm using the Cleanmate QQ-2 robot vacuum cleaner.

No need to do anything, just let it run ard the area u want n it will return to its home base n recharge. Its a made in China product. A cheaper version of I-robot. Got it from OG at S$368 in December 2006. Very satisfied. Clearing the dust container is easy n juz run the filters thru water. http://www.infinuvo.com/

U may wana have a look at the I-robot. My fren got the scrooba which mops the place as it vacuums. http://www.irobot.com.sg/hr.aspx

Neutral Newbie

second Dyson.

I have used 2 till date.

very good suction power unlike other machines.

also very convenient to empty the dust contents.

highly recommended

philips triathlon. old discontinued model.

1200W suction power. not for kids. this is one thing u need to learn abt vacumm and hair dryer.. the need for power

good powerful suction = less time doing the work and doing it cleaner one time around.

dun bother with pussy vacuum with only 200W.

and i still prefer bags. love them.

Supercharged
the disposal bag idea is old already. today, the current solution to the bag is a container instead. So just remove the container and just throw away the dust inside. Some containers req water to trap the dirt while others use HEPA filters to trap and clean the outgoing air. Either way, you don't need to replace anything during the cleaning process.

those on water mebbe no need but those hepa filters u still need cos they can trapped so much of 0.03 micron of dirt/dust before it kanna render ineffective???

↡ Advertisement