The best anti-rain chemical device.

Skinky

Hi guys, I'm not sure what to call it, but we know one of the brand is called RainX.

Personally, I've tried a number of brands. All are crap. Rain droplets still stick on the window. I have a privacy glass, and somehow, the chemical doesn't seem to wipe on properly on the glass. But water sticks on it very well.

I've used rain x, causes all my wiper to judder. I used this japanese brand (some orange and black bottle) which also doesn't seem to work.

Autobacs sells SOOOO many different sorts!

Anyone can input their experience ??

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

i'm using rainx , quite good, last very long also, but feedback is that if u apply to front windscreen your wiper will be jumpy, but so far i dont have this problem

Neutral Newbie

Yup, just use on your side window, mirror and rear glasses. Your wiper can do the work on raining day, this way u will not have wiper jumping and u have clear view from the rest.

Agree, rain-x good for all glass area except those that have wipers.

So, if you drive hatchback & the back comes with rear wiper too, best not to put anything on the glass there.

but if already applied rainX, how to remove it ah?

my wipers jump alot... wunder why the previous set didnt jump.

Neutral Newbie

I heard before can use alcohol or vinegar to clear off, but i never tried that before, cause never apply x-rain in front. Maybe u try on one corner first.

Do a search in mcf. I think its using some form of chemical (can't remember what name).

Other than that, let it judder until it stops. Mine judder like crazy for a few months last year during the rainy season sweatdrop.gif and i learnt my lesson - NEVER APPLY IT TO WINDSCREEN WITH WIPERS !

It gradually starts to judder less & less until it doesn't judder anymore now. Also observed that the water beading effect on the windscreen is gone.

Who cares as long as my wiper can clear water I happy liao .... now i only apply on the sides & rear (my rear has no wiper).

↡ Advertisement