Toyota Fielder

Hobby

Hi all. Not much updates on Fielder since last post.

I am considering the Airwave or Fielder now to replace my drinker Sunny. Thus any current Fielder owners would like to feedback on your Fielder? In terms of FC, responsiveness, stability, maintanance cost etc..

Thank you

If you think your Sunny really drinks a lot but you will be sacrificing something in return for good FC if you get cars like Fielder and Airwave. That depends on what you want in the car.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Wonder is this car stop selling in Singapore and any reason? Any way would consider to change my 06 vios to 'used' Fielder or airwave. I'm doing sales need to travel to KL at least twise a month

Wonder is this car stop selling in Singapore and any reason? Any way would consider to change my 06 vios to 'used' Fielder or airwave. I'm doing sales need to travel to KL at least twise a month

huh need to travel to KL and ur point is ?

Neutral Newbie

i tried the fielder for 1 good week at hokkaido recently, the 4WD CVT version. i must say that its a pretty good car. Love the space, the road manners, the handling and the FC. no doubt the brand and the image a bit boring but i kinda like it.... never fil to perform, even at mountainous conditions.

interior quality crap for jap car, boot space crappy, passenger space crappy too...overall crappy.... try other brand or model....

Took a taxi before. From that experience, I can only say the following of the car :

1) Crappy... I think the front space is the same as picanto.

2) Noisy engine

3) Quite unstable at 110 cause thats what the driver is doing at. Quite floaty and nothing to do with the tyres.

Overall didn't like the car abit, feel like a big flop by Toyota. Think the Airwave do much better.

7 years on, I just bought a 9 year old Fielder.... same as the ones you guys are discussing right now. 

It's meant to be driven gently and give good FC and super low rpm cruising speeds... my dad-in-law who is a long time altis owner was very impressed by how quiet it was.

9 years old and I'm still getting 14-15km per litre-ish in mixed driving.... worth considering if you're into wagons.

Not sure about the new ones though they've changed the engine to Atkinson cycle ones so the power and torque are lower....