Where to buy MDF board?

Skip

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I'm planning replace my stock speakers and figured i would need spacers for the new speakers. I'm thinking of using MDF board to custom make the spacers, does any bro here know where i can get some MDF board?

I'm also shopping for speakers and amp, but the only places i know are edis*n and d*i-ichi at SLS, can any bro recommend other places i can check out a good range of amps and speakers? I am looking for a pair of 8" sub, a set of 4" comp and a simple amp to drive them.

Thanks in advance for any advice.. [;)]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

i just bought some mdf board a few days back, had a hard time searching for it. u can try 22, kranji way tel. 63686139. they r a big warehouse supplying all kinds of boards incl mdf ones. but they do sell a pice or 2 indiviually. i just bought a 18mm*1200mm*2400 for around $30. it can come in thickness from 3mm to 20 over mm I think.

Though take note, the only size that it comes in is rather big and is 1.2m by 2.4m. Hard to fit in a a normal size car. unless u ask them to cut. i ask them to cut, add several dollars in labour but the problem is need to wait afew days n come back to collect.

By the way, any one here knows where to get the kind of thick black or greyish cloth like material that can be used to wrap the boot floor boards or wrap a diy custom make subwoofer enclosure?

Supersonic

Just last week, I was also looking for mdf board. Went to a shop posted here at Eunos Ave 7, blk 1007. Unfortunately, it was no longer there.

I ended up in Tampines Ikea and bought birch shelves to convert it to sub box.

Now, me too, looking for cloth to cover the enclosure.

Neutral Newbie

Hey so coincidence, i last wkend was also at ikea but resisted the temtation to give up the search and make do with birch or pinewood diy shelves panel as substitute.

Was thinking maybe should just stop looking for suppliers of the cloth material and try those audio shops and ask them to sell us their cloths. a bit illogical but is a most direct way to find it. Anyway do post ur result of ur search of the cloth if u do manage to buy it, ok,

Supersonic

I was at Express Motion at Upper Thomson Rd last week.

I asked about a 8" subwoofer box and was quoted $80. I didn't like the quality I see.

But I saw they have a roll of black cloth used to cover the box.

If you ask, I think they might sell some to you...but again, I was looking for a better quality one. [:)]

Birch is an alternative to mdf. I read about it in sounddomain forums. I only got 15mm thick birch shelves from Ikea. It is really hard and contains the sound well.

Neutral Newbie

Don't mind me lombang your thread. [;)]

I'm also looking at some MDF ring for the door speakers.

Any idea where I can go and about how much?

Neutral Newbie
I'm also looking at some MDF ring for the door speakers.

Any idea where I can go and about how much?

That's what I'm looking for too. Dunno if you can buy them ready made, but I'm planning to buy the mdf board and saw them to size/shape.

It seems I'll have to go to kranji as another bro mentioned or just buy the birch shelves from ikea.

↡ Advertisement