Cabin creek sound

Windwaver

What I mean by creeking is a sound like something is loose and moving against each other. It'll appear once the car starts moving.

The sound is pretty irritating cos I've been trying to find out if there's anything loose but to no avail. Any brother(s) here got experience with this?

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Where does the sound comes from? Front, rear side, dashboard? I think that if you are able to be more precise, it would be easier for members to try and assist you.

I was driving a COE cars, i also encounter this problem whenever my car start moving and the creeking i have is coming from the rear side.

After some check, i realise that it's coming from the wooden board that act as a base and on the same time cover up d spare tire. The woodenboard had went out of shape. After putting sponges around the the base of the wooden board, the creeking gone.

Bro, I experienced this before... drove me crazy... Tried hard to locate, pinpoint and muffle the 'rattling' sound, when I realized I had to remove the whole dashboard to look underneath... I gave up the idea and tried to live with it...

I tried the rear seats but the stupid creeking sound still there! It always feel like it's coming from the left side, sometimes sound like from somewhere near the dashboard, sometimes sound like it's from somewhere in the middle near the roof but confirm on the left side (passenger).

I'm very disturbed by the creeking sound, it's like those lizard sound you hear.

Neutral Newbie

Bro, the easiest way is to have someone drive the car and then you sit in the front passenger seat. When the freakin' creaking starts, zoom in, stuff some felt/rubber/paper and voila! :) that's what I did for my car last time...

What I mean by creeking is a sound like something is loose and moving against each other. It'll appear once the car starts moving.

The sound is pretty irritating cos I've been trying to find out if there's anything loose but to no avail. Any brother(s) here got experience with this?

Thanks!

My previous Thai made ride also gave same problem....right from the day I collected it from KM. Whenever i was moving off or braking, the doors would emit creaking sounds. Sent to KM many times, they just lubricate the door catch/hinges...went for numerous test drives...burnt away precious petrol and still the problem wasnt solved. my friend who was driving the same ride had exactly the same prob.

so i gave up and lived with the prob for 4 years....try not to let it affect you if you cant find the prob.

Hi Windwaver, I had this problem on one of my previous car. I was so frustrated with the sound that I felt of chucking away the car. One day, I calm myself down and slowly locate the source. I took out all the seats and examine all the supporting springs and finally discovered that it's from one of the springs supporting the rear seat.

You can try and press the seat with your palm or get someone to drive while you crough at the space between the front and rear seat. I think that might be the problem. Try it out.

Edited by Mikeyeo

Thanks!

Yeah I understand wat u mean. I am also those that simply cannot tahan rattling or squeaking noise in the car. Still trying to rectify it permanently for my ride too which i found out its coming from the rear sear hinges (for fold-down seats). Rattling due some loose mechansim inside so hard to reach... so far stuff it with tissue paper but this can only be a temp solution.

Edited by Alfc

I had this same problem some times ago, it took days to find out where does it comes from....it's from the dashboard (near those air-con vents)....dashboard virbation !

so went back to car agents workshop and thankfully...they rectified the problem !

to be honest, those sound is really irritating

My goodness, you guys also have this problem ah. I thought only me [bigcry] . Isn't this kind of thing covered under warranty? Dealer can bo chap this kind of thing meh?

if your car is still under the warranty, trust the dealer should be responsible to fix the problem for you....

am current driving a Kia's model car, and C&C has attended to me which regards to my problem as mentioned.

Thanks!

My previous Thai made ride also gave same problem....right from the day I collected it from KM. Whenever i was moving off or braking, the doors would emit creaking sounds. Sent to KM many times, they just lubricate the door catch/hinges...went for numerous test drives...burnt away precious petrol and still the problem wasnt solved. my friend who was driving the same ride had exactly the same prob.

so i gave up and lived with the prob for 4 years....try not to let it affect you if you cant find the prob.

hmmmz.. Same problem with mine too.. Sent back to BM a few times, still the same.. shakehead.gif That's why that will be my first and last Tom Yum!! mad.gif

yup...thats why my current ride is Jap made. I drove 2 Jap cars till 10-years, even these also never emit same creaking sounds as my brand new Honda.

Neutral Newbie
I had this same problem some times ago, it took days to find out where does it comes from....it's from the dashboard (near those air-con vents)....dashboard virbation !

so went back to car agents workshop and thankfully...they rectified the problem !

to be honest, those sound is really irritating

my colleague's car also has this prob.His car should be still under warranty from Tan Chong.Can he bring back to agent check? Do they charge for that?Thanks.

↡ Advertisement