Mitsu Lancer question

Lexxmexx

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

Posted this in another section but no one bothered to reply, so trying my luck here.

For those driving the CVT Lancer, has anyone ever stop the engine while the gear is at D position? If yes, are you able to pull out the key after that (without shifting back to P position)?

Is this normal for the Lancer?

Tested this on another CS3, same result!

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Hi Lexxmexx, I am also driving CVT Lancer. I have been advised by C&C that it's better to leave your gear at D when stationary for a short time like at traffic lights. If you need to stop longer, it's adviseable to put to 'N' gear, turn off the air-con to safe fuel and with the handbrake pull up. It's better to put on 'P' gear.

If you are at stationary and try to remove the ignition key while at 'D' gear, you will not be able to remove it for safety purpose. Similarly, if you try to start the engine when the gear is at 'D', the engine will not start unil you shift to 'P' gear.

Also, you will note that you have to depress a shift button on the gear knock to shift certain transmission whereas you need not for certain gears. These are some safety features of Mit Lancer.

Neutral Newbie
If you are at stationary and try to remove the ignition key while at 'D' gear, you will not be able to remove it for safety purpose. Similarly, if you try to start the engine when the gear is at 'D', the engine will not start unil you shift to 'P' gear.

you are right about 2nd part, "for safety purpose. Similarly, if you try to start the engine when the gear is at 'D', the engine will not start unil you shift to 'P' gear."

I don't know about other cars but I know for 1.6 Lancer, you can remove the ignition key while at 'D' gear.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

First of all, thank you all for responding [:)]

Yes bro, that's what I noticed about other cars but for the Lancer, you can actually pull the key out when gear is shifted at D [shocked]

Some of the bros here have already confirmed that.

Edited by Lexxmexx

Neutral Newbie

It is true that you won't be able to pull the key out at D gear for most of other cars and I find it rather shocking that the Lancer doesn't have this feature [shocked]

Neutral Newbie

actually.. MOST cars can pull the key out at D or R or whatever the auto leve is at..

the thing is that.. the car cannot be ignited only..

Hi all,

Posted this in another section but no one bothered to reply, so trying my luck here.

For those driving the CVT Lancer, has anyone ever stop the engine while the gear is at D position? If yes, are you able to pull out the key after that (without shifting back to P position)?

Is this normal for the Lancer?

Tested this on another CS3, same result!

Thanks!

Hi Lexxmexx, my apologies to you and all. I experiment by shutting off the engine while on 'D' and noted that the key could be taken out. I even contacted C&C service centre to enquire on this and too were surprised that the key can be taken out.

The fact is that we normally would put our gear on 'P' and not other gears before removing the ignition key.

Neutral Newbie

No problem, bro and thanks for taking the trouble to check with C&C. It was discovered by accident when I parked and left the car in a hurry on one fine day [:)]

Besides being surprised, what else did C&C say?

↡ Advertisement