Help on repair throttle body

Jive

Neutral Newbie

When throttle body is dirty, whats the cause of it? If i dun clean or repair, which cost $300 over dollars, what will happen?

↡ Advertisement

Wau lau,what car u driving???????????Clean n service TB need 300 bucks ah.Whatever u driving,a mechanic told me at most cost rm90 to totally clean and service TB.

Some more do it in front o u.

If u dun do anything,car will die off,must be careful with your accelerator,if manual.

But if auto,I dun know how lor.

Cause the TB is highly sensitive,too thick dust coating sure engine will die,esp when cming to a stop..............

Edited by Followthelaw

Neutral Newbie

If I remember correctly, my machanic at AMK auto point charge me $80.

Some cars has throttle body sensor attached to it, then the sensor will go haywire, car kado kado and dies off.

Engine check light also comes on.

Edited by Lorrliew

Neutral Newbie

C&C charge me $343 and of course i didnt want to. So far l've been driving my car for a week and seems normal to me. Well, i did remove my KNN air filter to normal paper one. So any way to DIY clean the TB? Where the hell is this TB???

Neutral Newbie

Cleaned my TB for $65 at SinMing. Prior to that, my ride was giving me some problems like dying at traffic lights [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

You should be able to find "throttle body cleaner" or carby cleaners from most auto accesory places.

If you can't find it, go to subaru's dealer. they're sure to have it as its part of their maintainence as req from subaru japan.

bro, u happen to be driving the old lancer GDI?

tt car's TB got prob.. tt's y i let go of it instead of cleaning it or replacing it.

Supersonic

You can diy to clean the TB. Just follow the air intake hose back to the engine area.

The metallic body where it join up is the TB. Depending on what type of car you drive, outside the TB you can see a cable which is the accelerator cable. On the TB, there should be a electrical connector which is normally connector to the Throttle Positioning Sensor.

On the hose, there should be some kind of hose ring/clip, remove it and pull out the hose and you should see the TB air intake and a butterfly flap.

With the engine off, you can push down the spring loaded flap and open it. Just clean around that area with kerosene and microfibre cloth.

i DIY clean it every 20k - 40km. quite a bit of carbon inside. i just clean the TB .. i never touch the MAF though

Neutral Newbie
$343 is changing the whole TB right? knife.gif

Read my lips... REPAIR.

Eh...WHERE's ur lip laugh.gifhur.gif

Its either change or service,how to repair,if the butterfly valve is spoilt means it spoilt,(if u know wat i'm talking about). I dont think agent do repair

Neutral Newbie

Recently i hav replace a throttle body sensor for my honda fit, after resetting, the engine check light still on and cannot accelerate. Can help pls?

Supersonic

Recently i hav replace a throttle body sensor for my honda fit, after resetting, the engine check light still on and cannot accelerate. Can help pls?

Is your FIT using MAF or MAP sensor ?

If you replaced the sensor on the TB, then it's probably a MAP sensor.

Shouldn't the workshop who replaced for you fixed the problem?

If you had DIY, you can try to put back the old sensor, and checked the wirings/connectors are properly fixed back.

You would also need a OBDII reader to check what code the CEL light is for.

Most likely, it's for the sensor that you or the workshop touched.

Neutral Newbie

Now the problem is the mechanic had cleared the fault but during test drive the problem occure again. Is there somewhere latch fault haven clear?

↡ Advertisement