No Spare Parts at Authorised Distributor's Workshop

Vit4wd

My friend's 1990 German made continental car could not start yesterday morning.

When he got it towed to the authorised distributor's workshop, he was told that he had to leave his car there and wait at least 2 weeks for the spare parts to arrive from Germany [mad][confused]

What is the point of paying a premium to purchase from an authorised distributor then?

↡ Advertisement

Since its built in the 1990s then there's possibility they don't have the parts as the newer ones might not fit or suitable for use? Have your friend consider third party? Whats the brand of the car? There might be other authorise parts details out there.

I know Waterloo street got a few authorise parts seller for various brand.

Anywhwere in the world its normal. The premium you pay to purchase from an authorised distributor is for the factory grade warranty (i.e. training by the car co. and a warranty plan as a requirement from the car co. for all cars sold by them).

it just like buying an electronic item...

wah lao.. the car like 17 years old... how you expect the AD to keep stock of parts? [laugh]

pls think before posting next time lah...

in today's context in singapore... >70% of the cars are less than 3 yrs old loh.. coz singaporeans like to keep changing to new cars.. [dizzy]