95-octane could be best choice

Yaloryalor

95-octane could be best choice  

157 members have voted

1. 1.

• The result will not change my choice of petrol for my ride
    • I will "down grade" and change to octane-95..
    • I will up grade to octane-95
    • I will try to monitor and see if its true then decide..

Today's Straits Times got one article mentioning the above statement. They even did a test on Impreza and WRX with different grades and brands of petrol for best power output.

With different engine speed (rmp) on both cars, it shows that 95-octane has the best result! [thumbsup]

Of cos there are many other factors not put into consideration. However, I think this is a good indicator for some of us. [sunny]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

yup... i am using 95 all the while also.... only reason i am not using 92 is not much of a price difference...

but price difference between 95 and 98 is quite significant sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

Neutral Newbie

haha! take it with a bit of salt. how come they test till 5k rpm and 4.5k rpm. maybe the egine will ping at higher rpms. defintely for the rex.

I am using shell 98. The diff bet shell 95 and 98 think its about 7 cents per litre.

My full tank is 60L and I pump about 5 to 6 times per month. Thus the diff for me to pump 95 and 98 is about $25.

I quote an extract what the ST article wrote:

"Ms Day-Lin Koh, 29, who drives an Audi A4 1.8T, fills up with 98-octane because she reckons that is what the turbocharged car needs.

Ms Koh, a marketing and communications manager, admits however that she filled up with 95 'by mistake' once and 'there was no difference'.

Little wonder. Audi says 95-octane is the preferred grade for the A4 1.8T."

what does tat say?

The oil cartels are not going to love State Times.

If SGporeans believe the report, then how to sell 98 and above petrol?

for the 1.8T, the recommended fuel grade is RON95 mah, read the manual it says that also mah..

however, if the 1.8T is chipped...then (unless ur chip can choose Ron95) then hv to fuel with Ron 98

and if they had interviewed people with

2.0 FSI or the 2.0T FSI engines..... they will find out that these cars hv to use Ron98....

go figure how much research ST went........

true, the tests are not representative of the general car population, but i recall there was a youtube clip on comparison of some fuels on high-perf cars and the tests revealed that only those extreme souped-up cars benefit from premium fuels, whereas the general population does not benefit at all.

maybe one day if see those mucielargo-es or zondas, will ask them what kind of fuel they use [laugh]

Today's Straits Times got one article mentioning the above statement. They even did a test on Impreza and WRX with different grades and brands of petrol for best power output.

With different engine speed (rmp) on both cars, it shows that 95-octane has the best result! [thumbsup]

Of cos there are many other factors not put into consideration. However, I think this is a good indicator for some of us. [sunny]

i haf comapred full tanks of 95 and 98 and 1 thing i notice is tat my FC is better wif 98.i initially tot tat it muz haf been a fluke but i rotated between 95 and 98 for a few weeks but came up wif the same results.98 is more fuel efficient.but power wise boff were on par.be it accelerating or highway driving.

Edited by Ara84
↡ Advertisement