Malaysia: Directions to Genting

Nhrisuzu

wah...how u get such lobangs...... anyway, u can drop by KL....as day trip... [:)]

Like Civic2000 mentioned in post #221, Worldcard members now frequently receive promo offers.

It is necessary to register the mobile and email address in the Worldcard member particulars, in order to receive the promo. Not sure whether the promo is sent to all at once, or rotation.

↡ Advertisement

Like Civic2000 mentioned in post #221, Worldcard members now frequently receive promo offers.

It is necessary to register the mobile and email address in the Worldcard member particulars, in order to receive the promo. Not sure whether the promo is sent to all at once, or rotation.

Not everyone can get as it is through their internal lucky draw that member will receive free room stay....

thanks.. will register 1 account and try... :D

Nhrusuza, Sunny AT,somehow fuel consumption is high (At most could hit about 11 to 12km/ litres only for Malaysia NS-H'way trip). So, around 208 km landmark (KFC Restaurant above the foyover), you MIUST top-up or else you can't reach Genting with just with 1 full tank from SIN.

After the Sungei Besi toll (After paying close to RM 40 -- anyway pls make sure that you have a "Toch & Go" card of which you can purchase it from nearby booth at Malaysia Custom with valued of around RM 200 on the safe side or else the topping of card will be at some TOLLS offices or only at most PATRONAS Fuel Station that i find little trouble as sometime their top-up machine was out of order - with service charge of RM 0.50 for PATRONAS deducted from your top-up value), go to the PATRONAS Fuel Station (Keep a look out for suspicious guy around the fuel sation as some of which may be robbers (It had reported before in papers) keep your monies safe & have your Passport - PP in your pocket or in a sling bag carry with you all the time and prepare the monies of about RM100 in advance in your shirt pcoket & lock your doors when need to step out of car - even lock all your doors if travelling on NS-H'way or for "pee break" along NS H'way) for fuels top-up again then you'll reach Genting H'land safely.

Pls buy a car steerling lock as that will be much safer for you / your family of lost your car at Genting (It's better to be safe than sorry) when you park over-nights @ Genting despite there's Genting POLICE at the MSCP carpark BUT some locations were dark with poor visibility & pls find a lot that you won't get stuck & notice which level & coner that you park or else hard time lovcation your car upon return (Weekend, some other motorists may just park & blocked your exit and you'll be in trouble getting out - few occasions, i saw the Genting POLICE Officers trying to push & pull or even shake the car (s) & even pick-up to make way for others exit from lot)

By the way, kindly just follow the landmark speed limit at diff stretch of road and keep left, watch out for rear traffic & front traffic / side traffic as well (Try to keep left or on mid-lane and that's save a lot of lane switching along the way & if someone at rear sign their right, pls keep left and give way to them to prevent accident) for other motorists as they may be following too closely & intentionally hit you from rear & do not over-take at up slop or at blind spot (It's truth and you'll be conned for the extremely hight repair bills) and also lookout for POLICE as they may hidding around & you may encounter road block along NS H'way and these POLICE may claim that (Especially SIN registered cars) you had exceeded the speed limit km ago asking and indirectly asking for "kopi monies - keep yourself at driver seat under such situation and they'll approach you (Just greet them and they may ask you where you heading to this and that and he'll some how speak softly and some sweet talks then you can place RM50 in your posspoert & he will take your RM 50 and return your PP immediately and you may go)

On the way back, after comed-win from Genting, along the way, top-up again before reching Seremban then at along NS-H'way, top-up again and nearby reach 2nd Link / Causeway have full tank back to SI. (By theway, in Malaysia, it's better to top-up Octane 97 - Octan 92 for Malaysian car only especially in JB areas)

Edited by Jefkking

Wah bro your paragraphing very bad...me ah pek and those ah pek bros here read till [dizzy][dizzy] help you rephrase and correct spelling errors also... [crazy] Anyway also thanks for the guidance, but there's also another thread on the safety of driving in MY here. go find it. [cool]

Nhrusuza, Sunny AT,somehow fuel consumption is high (At most could hit about 11 to 12km/ litres only for Malaysia NS-H'way trip). So, around 208 km landmark (KFC Restaurant above the foyover), you MUST top-up or else you can't reach Genting with just with 1 full tank from SIN.

After the Sungei Besi toll (After paying close to RM 40 -- anyway pls make sure that you have a "Touch & Go" card of which you can purchase it from nearby booth at Malaysia Custom with valued of around RM 200 on the safe side.

Or else the topping of card will be at some TOLLS offices or only at most PETRONAS Fuel Station that i find little trouble as sometimes their top-up machine was out of order - with service charge of RM 0.50 for PETRONAS deducted from your top-up value).

Go to the PETRONAS Fuel Station (Keep a look out for suspicious person around the fuel station as some of which may be robbers (It was reported before in papers), keep your money safe & have your Passport in your pocket or in a sling bag, carry with you all the time.

Prepare about RM100 in advance in your shirt pocket & lock your doors when need to step out of car - even lock all your doors if travelling on NS-H'way or for "pee break" along NS H'way) for fuels top-up again, then you'll reach Genting H'land safely.

Pls buy a car steerling lock as that will be much safer for you / your family in case you lost your car in Genting (It's better to be safe than sorry). When you park over-night @ Genting despite there's Genting POLICE at the MSCP carpark some locations were dark with poor visibility.

Pls find a lot that you won't get stuck & notice which level & corner that you park, or else hard time to locate your car upon return (Weekend, some other motorists may just park & block your exit and you'll have getting out. On a few occasions, I saw the Genting POLICE Officers trying to push & pull or even shake the car (s) & even pick-up to make way for others exit from lot)

By the way, kindly just follow the landmark speed limit at different stretch of roads and keep left, watch out for rear traffic & front traffic / side traffic as well (Try to keep left or on mid-lane and that'll save a lot of lane switching along the way.If someone behind your rear signal right, pls keep left and give way to them to prevent accident).

Some motorists may be following too closely & intentionally hit you from rear, so do not over-take at up slope or at blind spot (It's true and you'll be conned for the extremely hight repair bills) and also lookout for POLICE as they may hiding around & you may encounter road block along NS H'way and these POLICE may claim that (Especially SIN registered cars) you had exceeded the speed limit for how many km, and indirectly asking for "kopi money.

Keep yourself in driver seat under such situation and they'll approach you (Just greet them and they may ask you where you heading to this and that and he'll some how speak softly and some sweet talks then you can place RM50 in your passport & he will take your RM 50 and return your PP immediately and you may go) - be careful here as not all take bribe, you maybe charged and jailed. Use it on your discretion.

On the way back, after coming down from Genting, along the way, top-up again before reaching Seremban, then at along NS-H'way, top-up again and when reaching 2nd Link / Causeway have full tank back to SI. (By the way, in Malaysia, it's better to top-up Octane 97 - Octane 92 for Malaysian car only especially in JB areas) - wrong info, MY does not have Octane 92, only 95minimum.

The weather at Genting during my stay 10-14 Jul'2011 is very cold and foggy.

During drive down this morning 1130hrs, the roads down right from Highlands carpark is very foggy, visibility less than 5 meter. Very anxious due to 1st time encounter with such heavy fog, and had to literally crawl down the roads until the highest Guard House, where the fog clear off. However MY drivers seem to have better vision/eyesight as they are zipping down.

* initially, I thought the poor visibility was due to misting inside the car due to cold weather. Turn on the aircon to demist mode does not help at all. It is the weather conditions that is beyond our control. Turn on the front and rear fog lights, and headlights to allow other vehicles to see us better, hopefully.

For those driving up these few days, do take extra care.

Neutral Newbie

Bros,

Anyone of you parking at Genting Skyway and take cable car up? I thought of parking my car at the cable car station. Wonder is this safe? I drive a Honda Freed, not BMW or Mercedes...lol

Anyone with such experiences, please share here. Thanks!

Bros,

Anyone of you parking at Genting Skyway and take cable car up? I thought of parking my car at the cable car station. Wonder is this safe? I drive a Honda Freed, not BMW or Mercedes...lol

Anyone with such experiences, please share here. Thanks!

better dun park there over night Genting Skyway dun operate 24hrs right. no fish prawn they also take. somemore is good prawn (honda).

Since u already drive all the way from SG might well drive all the way up to genting hotel carpark.

Parking in Genting is relatively safe. Not to worry, just enjoy yourself but take extra care when driving

up/down because latley weather up there is very misty, can hardly see in front.

Will be up in Genting from the 12th - 16th December. Driving an 06 Wish with 5 adults and 1 baby. Anyone else planning to be up there during those dates?

↡ Advertisement