Malaysia: Directions to Genting

Nhrisuzu

nah.....65L tank.

full tank in jb and amber light lights up upon reaching genting.

That's bad consumption if full tank 65L at JB and amber light upon reaching genting. Even you really speed and drag up the highland, it should not consume so much. Yours sport car?

Usually I go in with 3/4+ (50L tank) tank and pump just before exit to karak hwy to genting.

↡ Advertisement

That's bad consumption if full tank 65L at JB and amber light upon reaching genting. Even you really speed and drag up the highland, it should not consume so much. Yours sport car?

Usually I go in with 3/4+ (50L tank) tank and pump just before exit to karak hwy to genting.

its not that bad actually...

like mentioned before,

driven sedately FC is ~10-10.5 km/L

if chiong,

then its ~ 7-7.5 km/l.

Normally, I will stop at Ayer Keroh overhead bridge. There are 2 R&R a tAyer Keroh ( both same name ). Stop at the further i.e. roughly

another 10 km away. There are a few eateries, like A & W, KFC and some others.

For the Ayer Keroh R&R with overhead bridge, the highway sign would be "Ayer Keroh Jejantas R&R". I always look out for the keyword Jejantas [malay for bridge].

Thanks for all the replies. Can I check if there are any signs for the ayer keroh stop point? Is is before or after Melaka exit?

The highway sign is "Ayer Keroh Jejantas R&R".

Going towards to Genting direction, it is after Melaka exit.

Supercharged

The highway sign is "Ayer Keroh Jejantas R&R".

Going towards to Genting direction, it is after Melaka exit.

Is it before Port Dickson exit?

Neutral Newbie

Is it before Port Dickson exit?

Way before port dickson..... it is just after malacca 's ayer keroh exit. As mentioned, there are two, you cannot miss the overhead bridge, it across the hw for up/down road.

Neutral Newbie

[;)][:p]

Thanks for all the replies. Can I check if there are any signs for the ayer keroh stop point? Is is before or after Melaka exit?

Shortly after the Melaka exit (around 10km after), you will reach the Ayer Keroh R & R (not the overhead bridge). After another 5km, you will reach the Ayer Keroh Overhead bridge Restaurant. You will not miss it. Once you see a bridge with shops on it, you should start to keep left. http://www.plus.com.my/index.php?id=25

Supercharged

Shortly after the Melaka exit (around 10km after), you will reach the Ayer Keroh R & R (not the overhead bridge). After another 5km, you will reach the Ayer Keroh Overhead bridge Restaurant. You will not miss it. Once you see a bridge with shops on it, you should start to keep left.

How about Southbound direction? Coming from KL to SG, can still turn into this overhead bridge R&R for makan?

Neutral Newbie

[;)][:p]

How about Southbound direction? Coming from KL to SG, can still turn into this overhead bridge R&R for makan?

Yes, still can. The bridge links both sides of the highway. Once you see the bridge with shops, you should keep left to exit.

Supercharged

Yes, still can. The bridge links both sides of the highway. Once you see the bridge with shops, you should keep left to exit.

Oh, I see...thanks

Like that can I use the bridge to u-turn back to KL since the bridge links to both sides of the highway???

Neutral Newbie

Oh, I see...thanks

Like that can I use the bridge to u-turn back to KL since the bridge links to both sides of the highway???

Even though they are linked, you cannot drive across the bridge.

Oh.. Thanks for all your replies and info.. So I read that there are 2 Ayer Keroh R & R. One is the overhead bridge restaurant, then there's another before the OHB restaurant.

For the first one, is it good to stop as well? Do singaporeans tend to stop at the OHB restaurant or the Ayer Keroh R&R?

Oh.. Do you guys know roughly how long does it take to get to sungai besi toll from Ayer Keroh? I know Malacca is around 220+km. What about sungai besi toll? About 175km?

I planned to stop for toilet break at the shell station before karak highway. Is it too far from Ayer Keroh?

Thanks for all your advices and opinions. Have a good day.

quite a distance from ayer kerok to that shell station. once shell station reached, nearly sg besi (kl) already. nearby along the road to karak got a few other petrol stations.

Erm.. I'm not sure if this is a silly question. But if I move off from Sembawang, would it be better to go by woodlands checkpoint or Tuas checkpoint? Reason I'm asking is from JB checkpoint, need to go through Tebrau highway to get to the NSHW entry point. For Tuas checkpoint, it takes about 30mins to reach from SLE woodlands ave 12. But after the Malaysia clearance, it's straight towards the NSHW. Or both are about the same?

↡ Advertisement