Malaysia: Directions to Genting

Nhrisuzu

1. How much stops recommended and at where??

no stop if u dun need to.

2. What to do if encounter MY TP??

dun speed, they not likely to stop u.

3. Any precautions to take when leaving car overnight??

anything outside the car, including expensive rims, wipers, simi simi vortex generator does not belong to the owner.

lock ur valuable.

4. Roughly how much money is needed to clear the Toll to and fro??

dunno i tot up liaoz.. can get the kard then just drive thru the tolls, auto deduction

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

ARGH!!!!

if u go by causeway, see the chevron in the middle, park there, ask someone to get down n go to the booth to collect. if u get caught in jam, "better". cos can just get someone to take the cards and have time to write on the spot before u reach the immigration counter.

by 2nd link, i not so sure. i usually prepare cards b4 i go in. got a stash at home. dunno where my dad kope from [laugh]

also prepare abt RM200 in ready cash for tolls (n trolls [sly]). ask co-driver to handle. RM200 for one way shd be sufficient. dun worry u wun use all unless u kena TP more than once each way [laugh]

ALTERNATIVE 4 : GOMBAK / SETAPAK WAY

At Sungai Besi Toll, go straight, pass the old airport (on your left), proceed straight on to Jalan Tun Razak.

Keep on Jalan Tun Razak, pass Jalan Ampang and the National Library (on your right) and the General Hospital (on your left). Keep left and take a 3 o'clock at the roundabout and join Jalan Ampang.

Go straight heading towards Jalan Genting Kelang / Setapak. After toll gate, proceed on towards Setapak, and go left to Jalan Gombak.

At around 4th mile, Jalan Gombak, make a left turn to Kg Bandar Dalam, proceed on, then take a right turn (follow Kuantan) to Karak Highway.

After the Karak Toll, proceed on till you pass the Genting Sempah tunnel. Exit to Genting Highlands after the tunnel.

I alway go by this way ,more things to see rolleyes.gif

• Praise 1

petrol kiosk aplenty. just see the "pump symbol" along the NSH [;)]. Usually, most "Hentian Sebelah..." (aka rest stop beside...) whatever turnoff will have. but only those with the symbol

Ask for directions at petro kiosk closer to KL. it's the best bet. they know how to give directions pretty well.

copy n paste the relevant posts from MCF (and elsewhere on the net) and print a few copies. pass a copy to ur Co-driver (the passenger in the front seat). ensure he or she is competent at it. dun let a kid sit in front. u will [furious] if u need help with navigation

for TP? dun speed [laugh]. the market rate is RM50 the last time i tio. so if u really must speed, just prepare RM50 bill. cheap n easy.

wanna speed then speed fast. dun half fxxk speed at 125 or so.. tio also for no good reason. safe speed is 115 n below IMHO.. pls keep left at that speed hor [;)]

hahahahaha....u are right. [nod][nod][nod]

Want to speed...better go at least 150km/hr. [:p][:p][:p]

Orelse...stay on the left with the lorries @ 90km/hr.....and that too....wont guarantee u safety fm MY TP hor. If they still pull u over......U still LPPL have to pay copi $$$$$. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

bro.. i have this.. but too cartoon..

for example.. the turn might not be that wide u see?? want something more accurate.. but well, since u show me this.. i want to ask u..

the red-arrow is the arrow coming from NSH?? [confused]

Clutched
(edited)
Hi all,

Tried the Tips/Resource folder and did a search but to no avail of what i want..

i want to know the driving directions to Genting, hopefully the most convenient route (no small roads please).. only found a map from internet (http://www.abcmalaysia.com/maps/wmsia_map.htm) but don't think is enough.. sweatdrop.gif

Points i will be interested to know badly:

1. How much stops recommended and at where?? Its good to stop every one to one and the half hour for coffe and face washing - both your body and car would need a short break...nod.gif --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. What to do if encounter MY TP?? Stay inside your car, follow their instruction, mostly they would drop you a "hint", choose to pay "on the spot"(market rate RM30-RM50) or take the ticket (which usually can discount - pay ard RM150 at Police Stn). Do Not offer to give $ unless "hinted". Can plead to "give chance" if need beshakehead.gif Best have 2 wallet, use the one with little cash inside, in case need to show pity, dun say u r going Genting, say KLsly.gif --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Any precautions to take when leaving car overnight?? Best to park in front of Genting Hotel, open space. Pay RM 7 for them to open the barrier for your car to go in. Head in, tilt your steering wheel with steerin lock. No valuable to be seen inside cabinsweatdrop.gif. Check every daytongue.gif. Do not ever hand your key to anyonepirate.gif --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. Roughly how much money is needed to clear the Toll to and fro?? From SG till Genting last toll you would probably need ard RM80. To & fro RM160.

Please help.. thanks alot.. smile.gif

Mods: can consider putting this in Tips/Resource folders if there are proper answers, will be helpful to first-timers..

Edited by Caaa
  • Praise 1

Yes. Red arrows from south NSH.

I for one will give the Sg Besi toll a miss and come in from KLIA to take the Batang Kali route.

Neutral Newbie

The cartoon map via Cheras Way is the best. Smooth route no traffic light to encounter and shortest route too. Had used this route several times to Genting. FOLLOW the KUANTAN sign as advised below.

ALTERNATIVE 1 : CHERAS WAY

At Sungai Besi Toll, proceed straight, keep left, enter exit to Cheras heading up the flyover.

Follow Cheras direction, go straight.

Pass by Makro on your left, go straight.

Follow Ampang direction

Pass by Ampang, go straight and you will pass Zoo Negara and Melawati (on your right).

Go straight, follow Kuantan direction.

Exit Kuantan flyover. Go up the flyover and join Karak Highway.

After the Karak Toll, proceed on till you pass the Genting Sempah tunnel. Exit to Genting Highlands after the tunnel.

Get a Touch n Go card if you can....save time going through the toll. Can purchase at the Skudai Toll (in both directions). Heading North toward the Skudai toll booth about 100 or more metres BEFORE the toll booth .... look out for a directional sign on the left (quite obsure) to direct you to the Plus Admin Office ...kind of turn left (detour road) to the office complex on the left. (This office building is not situated exactly at the Toll booths...some distance on the left).

Locks and secures your car and checks constantly as advised.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Best to have a KL map handy. This one helps to nav your way thru KL too.

if u want to buy cheaepr version, dun buy in SG. when u top up petrol after second link, the petrol kiosk should have. half the price compared to SG. :)

just plan your route and take note of the route number on the map and follow the signs board. :)

also, dun have gps nevermind, have a compass handy is great.

Edited by Slayer
  • Praise 1

4th Gear
(edited)

Bro you are confusing the first timer with too many alternative routes. The easiest route from second link is by Cheras Hwy full stop. Even by Cheras Hwy, he should not go through the tunnel. That's a longer route up genting.

Edited by Dumb
  • Praise 1

4th Gear
Why not get a GPS navigation system? It's easy to get lost especially u first time. It's unlike sg road with many road signs.

With a GPS even if u make a wrong turn, it'll guilde u back on track. Plus u can plan your stops with your GPS. Can just sit back and enjoy your drive.

What GPS for? He most probably use it once only.

Anyway, it's easier to direct a person from Sg to Genting than a person from say Robinson Road to Riverside Rd in Sg.

From second link to Genting there is hardly any real turns or even traffic lights, just filtering to left now and then.

4th Gear

Batang Kali is the worst route up, though it easier to drive than Cheras Hwy. But to get to Batang Kali is more confusing for a first timer.

4th Gear
thanks alot.. erm.. which part of the route is best to top up??

afraid drive halfway can't find petrol station like those movies.. [sweatdrop]

Full tank should be able to bring you to the top of Gening, a distance of less than 400 km from the second link. Normally, I refill at Esso Stn which is a short distance before the left filter lane to Karak Hwy from Cheras Hwy.

bro.. they are just inputting advice for me.. don't be so hard on them la.. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

everyone was helpful.. anyway, this car i am bringing up has a full tank of 40L if i am not wrong.. and going to be ferrying 5 pax in total..

so afraid higher FC due to weight..

anyway, appreciate ur help! [:)]

(edited)

bro.. i got back in a piece..

advise for going up by first timer here.. [sweatdrop]

1. Prepare around RM150 or so for toll (to/fro)

2. Prepare around RM200 for petrol (to/fro)

3. Ayer Keroh is a good place for a break.

4. Journey is roughly 4hrs depending on speed.

5. Alternative 1 giving by a MCFer earlier on is pretty straight forward. Road signs to Genting when u are in Cheras.

6. Better get ur radiator coolant and brake pads checked before going up Genting.

7. Southbound journey will be abit confusing, but is pretty alright if u turn the map around and trace backwards. [sweatdrop]

that's my feedback.. other than that.. try not to bring someone who keeps nagging to go up.. [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Nhrisuzu

4th Gear

When your next trip? Did you go through tunnel as suggested?

↡ Advertisement