Malaysia: Directions to Genting

Nhrisuzu

i don't dare to make my way around m'sia for too long.. just want go KL/Genting..after that home sweet home..

i bought ayam curry.. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

bro.. no worries.. can make it up de.. saw Singapore picantos on top..

advise from first timer here is.. don't try to be in a hurry up.. take ur time, i crawled up using 1 and 2.. [;)]

Neutral Newbie

me driving honda city, 1st time go up use the lowest gear ratio, subsequent one engage D mode, [drivingcar] all the way up to First world Hotel.

Neutral Newbie

Yes i agrree with you. Do you feel more relax after you pass singapore custom?? Like a huge rock release from your back. [sweatdrop]

Hi borrow you thread,

I would like to go genting during one of the weekends in June.

Saw the online booking for hotel fully booked anyone know it it still possible to get a room or go there to try it out as I think there are some other apartments but slightly further.

I think it is sch holidays and not easy [sweatdrop] .

Thanks

it is advisable to book thru travel agencies like Five Stars Travel etc.. say u just want the room only..

they will help u calculate how much u need to pay. [;)]

Neutral Newbie

try call this no. 6823 9888, for Genting hotel booking, their office is in town, forget the building name ..

some time the internet may shown FULLY book, but u may still get rm from their Genting office in Spore ..

hope it help ...

If you want to avoid all the small roads, maybe you wanna consider this...I took this the other time to avoid driving thru Sg Bersi toll cos need to navigate thru KL which is a nightmare.

Drive up towards KL. You will come to the last Petronas station at Seremban (last as in before you hit Sg Bersi toll. U can choose to topup your petrol (which should be around 1/2 tank or more)

From here, you should look out for exit Nilai (I think its exit 214)...exit at this place and join up to the ELITE H'way. This will take you around KL. Its a longer driver...less stress and less confusing. U will bypass exits like Cheras, Cyberjaya, Putrajaya etc...just keep right and avoid going into KL....aim for all the signs pointing to Ipoh.

On the ELITE H'way, you will come across 2 "Y" fork...just aim for Ipoh and you would be ok. When you come across a overhead bridge with restaurants...U are almost there. Drive on or stop for makan...its up to you. From here, you should look for a exit marked "RAWANG"...this is the last town in KL, take this exit. Look out for marking on the road with RAW painted on it.

Once you are out of RAW, take a right turn and stay on the main road, it will take you thru a small portion of industrial area...then the main town...drive pass the town and you should be 30mins away from the foot of Genting.

If you did not top up your petrol at the last Petronas station...U can take your pick of various brand of petrol. Drive on and look for signs that says Genting Highland...just check with the locals when you are on the stretch...they are very willing to help you.

One note...you might not want to topup full tank...cos U are going uphill....remember. Why carry dead weight. Just 1/2 tank confirm can reach liao. Anyway...there is a Esso right at the top of Genting...you can always top up there. Open when the sun shines but closes when it sets.

Have a nice trip !!

Actually coming back is much simple than going up. When driving down from genting, after you pass the toll, look for the sign "serembem", just follow it and it lead you to the Ns highway. The first time i drove up to genting following the cheras route but forget to ask go back how, thought follow the KL sign and look for the NS highway sign, i was lost in KL for almost 3 hrs!!! Damn, hungry aredi,so go coffee shop makan and ask the shp owner there how to go Ns highway, they told me to follow serembem sign. After my makan, i was in NS highway in less than 20 mins home sweet home.

I still drive up to genting but dare not go into KL unless there are people with me who familiar with the route.

I always like to drop by yong peng for the fish ball and Malaka for the chicken rice/poh pian/wan ton mee before heading straight to genting. As for parking, i always park at First World Hotel,the multi storey carpark, i always park along the stretch facing the mountain. [drivingcar]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

will be going to Genting soon....borrow this thread a bit...do you need to pay to park at First World and which carpark is it ? P1/2/3/4 ??? thanks

Parking at all the hotels are free...but I think the open air carpark at Genting Hotel (the first hotel and oldest one) needs to pay valet.

One piece of gentle warning to all driving up...

If you are coming back at night...and on the NSHW...if you urgent need to go bomb or pee....please do so only at those hugh byways (meaning got hawker centre, petrol station etc...) do not stop at those byway that only has toilets....

If really buay tong....do it along the roadside is safer.

bro.. i got back in a piece..

advise for going up by first timer here.. sweatdrop.gif

1. Prepare around RM150 or so for toll (to/fro)

2. Prepare around RM200 for petrol (to/fro)

3. Ayer Keroh is a good place for a break.

4. Journey is roughly 4hrs depending on speed.

5. Alternative 1 giving by a MCFer earlier on is pretty straight forward. Road signs to Genting when u are in Cheras.

6. Better get ur radiator coolant and brake pads checked before going up Genting.

7. Southbound journey will be abit confusing, but is pretty alright if u turn the map around and trace backwards. sweatdrop.gif

that's my feedback.. other than that.. try not to bring someone who keeps nagging to go up.. lipsrsealed.gif

I also just got back from my maiden drive to genting, thanks to all bros' inputs!nod.gif For me, the toll is just slightly >RM100 and petrol also just above RM100 but my journey there took about 5 hrs. All in all, a pretty good experience but I found out better not to come back on a Sunday, met up with heavy traffic about 150 clicks eta to singapore custom tongue.gif

congrats.. i kena RM300 fine on the way back.. still haven't pay up..

now thinking should go up to pay anot.. asked around people who regular M'sia, they say if never kena stopped at customs then just fark it and move on.. [dead][dizzy]

Anyone driving 1.1 manual getz and been up genting before??

An a$%hole friend of mine refuse to drive up saying it will never make it unless i can show him it can be done!

So anyone?? Preferably with picture!! :P

Neutral Newbie

[sweatdrop] use gear 1 / 2 to go up lor.....sure can make it...

your friend doesn't seem to know his manual car

bring him try the steepest slope in singapore

↡ Advertisement