Malaysia: Directions to Genting

Nhrisuzu

anyone can give directions from Genting to KL city? i will be staying near KLCC.

tried driving up to Genting with the instructions given here.. [thumbsup]

hope bros could give good advise again..

also would need direction from KL City back to NSHW heading back to Singapore.. thanks..

Wah....KL city area I dun dare to tell you liao. Change road like change underwear. Best is get yourself a GPS.

For Genting to KL, you can drive down from Genting...after you pass Awana...there is a sign pointing to KL. Take that...it will bring you to Sunway area.

Non GPS style...drive down liao...flag down a cab...show him add....then follow him...and then pay only when you reach....not before.

Not sure if this is helpful. At KLCC, you should make a U-turn and drive East on Jalan Ampang, head straight till you come across a massive flyover structure, ie. Jalan Ulu something, turn left and keep left, after traffic light, filter right into the highway and you are on the way to Genting (you will join the route to Genting should you exit at Sungei Besi at this point). It is easy to find. I suggest you ask the hotel before setting off, which is what I did. It is pretty straight forward.

Neutral Newbie

ermm.. bro.. do u know from Genting to KL city? i roughly know the way from Sugie Besi to Genting.. but from Genting to KL city.. it will be my 1st time..

Neutral Newbie
Get "touch n go" card. Whizz thru the toll with ease. [thumbsup]

You can buy one at the first toll from 2nd link.

hi do you know where i can top up the touch n go card in Singapore? last time bought one but used up one the way back. now only left with an empty card. or can i top up at any malaysia "plaza toll"?

Neutral Newbie

Last time can topup at May Bank in Spore....now.....only can topup at Plaza toll n some selected petrol kisoks in malaysia.....

BTW, at plaza toll also have timming hor....

Edited by Cupid

That depends on where you are heading to in KL.

For first timer and I am assuming you are heading towards Pusat Bandaraya (downtown/Bukit Bintang), I suggest you take the same Singapore-Genting route(i.e. Sungei Besi-Cheras exit-Karak highway route) but in reverse order. ie. Genting heading towards Sungei Besi Toll (note after RM4 Karak Toll, you should take the Seremban exit to your left). You will then be travelling on this major KL ring road called Middle Ring Road. Once you see the Petronas Twin Tower, you should keep left and exit at around Ampang area, it will lead you to KLCC/Bukit Bintang. Of course you can take the Batu Cave route but that is more complicated for first timer.

The above information is not going to be very helpful, I suggest you get a good map and plan your route, alternatively, get a GPS, which I did recently. The above are from my memory, so other bros, please correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by Voodooman

That depends on where you are heading to in KL.

For first timer and I am assuming you are heading towards Pusat Bandaraya (downtown/Bukit Bintang), I suggest you take the same Singapore-Genting route(i.e. Sungei Besi-Cheras exit-Karak highway route) but in reverse order. ie. Genting heading towards Sungei Besi Toll (note after RM4 Karak Toll, you should take the Seremban exit to your left). You will then be travelling on this major KL ring road called Middle Ring Road. Once you see the Petronas Twin Tower, you should keep left and exit at around Ampang area, it will lead you to KLCC/Bukit Bintang. Of course you can take the Batu Cave route but that is more complicated for first timer.

The above information is not going to be very helpful, I suggest you get a good map and plan your route, alternatively, get a GPS, which I did recently. The above are from my memory, so other bros, please correct me if I am wrong.

-------------------------------------------------------

Agree with voodooman. There are few ways to go KL city depending on which part of the city you want to go, but the reverse order is the easiest for first timer heading to KLCC.

Edited by Dumb

You can top up at any toll stations with the sign "Tambah Nilai". There's one at the 1st toll plaza from 2nd link. Alternatively, check out the petrol kiosk. I did mine in one of the Shell station in KL.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Frequent travellers of NSH.

Anyone know of any Chinese Food along NSH Rest Stops between Jb to Sungei Besi?

Past few trips I notice mostly Malay economic rice/burgers/nasi lemak.

Edited by Zero1
  • Praise 1

how to drive up if i were to enter by woodlands - causeway checkpoint?

Ive travelled up via tuas once. Going later this morning. Any idea?

I know how to get to highway to KL from woodlands checkpoint. but to genting, is there a Cheras exit?

thanks

:)

Thank u very much.. yeah i went the exact same way towards cheras.

I just got back. The new JB CIQ route was so smooth on the way back ~ 6.50pm. The humps are scary though. If ride bicycle go over it sure backside pain for weeks.[sweatdrop]

I decided to exit m'sia via woodlands instead of 2nd link as its more convenient(gf lives at woodlands) n cheaper. [thumbsup]But theres a slight jam at SG immigration. The SG custom check was smooth however.

Anyways, I'm quite impressed with the new CIQ, now can finally see who is "chopping" my passport. The old one, glass tinted until so dark, i can only see a hand shoving in n out of the small opening.