Malaysia: Directions to Genting

Nhrisuzu

Neutral Newbie

Directional Routes to Genting Highlands Resort

ALTERNATIVE 1 : CHERAS WAY

At Sungai Besi Toll, proceed straight, keep left, enter exit to Cheras heading up the flyover.

Follow Cheras direction, go straight.

Pass by Makro on your left, go straight.

Follow Ampang direction

Pass by Ampang, go straight and you will pass Zoo Negara and Melawati (on your right).

Go straight, follow Kuantan direction.

Exit Kuantan flyover. Go up the flyover and join Karak Highway.

After the Karak Toll, proceed on till you pass the Genting Sempah tunnel. Exit to Genting Highlands after the tunnel.

This is what I got from goggle map. Is this the same as "alternative 1"?

(From 2nd link to Genting)

1. Head northwest on Lebuhraya Hubungan Kedua My - SG, 30.3km

2. Take the exit on Lebuhraya Utara - Selatan 292km

3. Continue on Lebuhraya KL - Seremban - 2.1km

4. Slight left to merge onto Jalan Lingkaran Tengah 2 (Ring Road 2) - 24.9km

5. Take the ramp onto Lebuhraya Karak - 17.4km

6. Take the exit - 0.3km

7. Continue straight - 3.9km

8. At the traffic circle, take the 1st exit - 5.5km

9. At the traffic circle, take the 3rd exit. Go through 1 traffic circle - 9.6km

10. Turn right - 0.2km

11. Turn right - 0.2km

Recently drove up to Genting and Bukit Bintang (Via SMART Tunnel) stay in Capitol Hotel. Thanks to Mycarforum for the road trip guide. [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Can confirm with all bros whether which parking in Genting the safest? Open air P4 (in front of Genting hotel) or MSCP in First World? Any concern for Toyota Wish? Thanks. Will be driving there 7 -10 Sep.

Can confirm with all bros whether which parking in Genting the safest? Open air P4 (in front of Genting hotel) or MSCP in First World? Any concern for Toyota Wish? Thanks. Will be driving there 7 -10 Sep.

no worry lar... my bil has been driving up to genting and park at mscp of first world hotel every year for the pass 5yrs with his wish and sometimes, 2-3 times a year.... trust me, there are many better car to steal up there...... [blush]

To me and my kakis, parking at the open air carpark in front of Genting Hotel is the safest.....though you have to pay... [thumbsup]

A few incidents happened to few of my friends parking at different MSCP over there, usually break in, but so far none happen to open air carpark. Anyway, those break ins also happen once in a while considering countless trips over past decade...so is not that bad really.... [sweatdrop]

just open eye big big before and after leaving /approaching ur car, do not leave anything that appear valuable openly...something pretty basic actually... :D

Neutral Newbie

no worry lar... my bil has been driving up to genting and park at mscp of first world hotel every year for the pass 5yrs with his wish and sometimes, 2-3 times a year.... trust me, there are many better car to steal up there...... [blush]

Thanks bro... driving Wish actually.. that's why a little worried...

Neutral Newbie

To me and my kakis, parking at the open air carpark in front of Genting Hotel is the safest.....though you have to pay... [thumbsup]

A few incidents happened to few of my friends parking at different MSCP over there, usually break in, but so far none happen to open air carpark. Anyway, those break ins also happen once in a while considering countless trips over past decade...so is not that bad really.... [sweatdrop]

just open eye big big before and after leaving /approaching ur car, do not leave anything that appear valuable openly...something pretty basic actually... :D

Will keep the advise and keep those 'valuable' out of sight. I think the pay to go in last time used to be RM7.00? Will park at the open area as advised...

Thanks...

Bros, where should i be parking if i am staying at Resort hotel ??

I need some help with the Genting to KL ( bukit Bintang route). will the karak highway lead me to the SMART Tunnel if i am taking the return route from Genting.. which are the exit points ..

Kinda worry as this is my first trip to KL/Genting

Hi all,

i will be first time driving to genting. Based on my garmin GPS info, i am travelling from 2nd link. Keep left from E2 Nse(KL), 294km Left to Mrr Li (what is this road? Exit number what?), then (25km) exit 801 left to lebuhraya karakm, (850m) right on E8 karak highway kuantan, (17km) keep left onto gohtong jaya- genting highland, (4.4km) take roundabout to 1st exit, (60m) 1st exit to ECH to gohtong jaya rd, (5.6km) take aroundabout to 2nd exit, (150m) 2nd exit to gohtong jaya genting, (9.5km) right on road then (300m) arrived at destination.

Just want to make sure is my GPS info correct route to Genting? Any suggestion place for rest stop?

Hi all,

i will be first time driving to genting. Based on my garmin GPS info, i am travelling from 2nd link. Keep left from E2 Nse(KL), 294km Left to Mrr Li (what is this road? Exit number what?), then (25km) exit 801 left to lebuhraya karakm, (850m) right on E8 karak highway kuantan, (17km) keep left onto gohtong jaya- genting highland, (4.4km) take roundabout to 1st exit, (60m) 1st exit to ECH to gohtong jaya rd, (5.6km) take aroundabout to 2nd exit, (150m) 2nd exit to gohtong jaya genting, (9.5km) right on road then (300m) arrived at destination.

Just want to make sure is my GPS info correct route to Genting? Any suggestion place for rest stop?

Dont worry. GPS is more than enough to reach Genting. But KL cannot guarantee liao. KL roads change like underwear one. My GPS didnt manage to guide me to Petronas Towner. Keep directly me to a invisible right turn that doesnt exist! So i went driving aimlessly for 2+ hrs until gave up. haha. [crazy]

Damn TL....can see the twin towers sometimes near sometimes far.....sometimes on my left, sometimes on my right...its all over but just cannot reach.....(&&^$#*()^$#@@ [laugh]

But once i set to Genting, smooth clear route there. But its the same as watching out for kuantan signs.....all leads to the same road to kuantan leading to Genting. So basically, u dont need GPS nor maps to reach Genting. just follow kuantan signs...Its that simple. Coming back lagi simple....i didnt even use GPS or maps.....just look out for seremban & NSH signs. Before i know it....im on the NSH liao. [nod]

Edited by Hiphiphoray

Dont worry. GPS is more than enough to reach Genting. But KL cannot guarantee liao. KL roads change like underwear one. My GPS didnt manage to guide me to Petronas Towner. Keep directly me to a invisible right turn that doesnt exist! So i went driving aimlessly for 2+ hrs until gave up. haha. [crazy]

Damn TL....can see the twin towers sometimes near sometimes far.....sometimes on my left, sometimes on my right...its all over but just cannot reach.....(&&^$#*()^$#@@ [laugh]

But once i set to Genting, smooth clear route there. But its the same as watching out for kuantan signs.....all leads to the same road to kuantan leading to Genting. So basically, u dont need GPS nor maps to reach Genting. just follow kuantan signs...Its that simple. Coming back lagi simple....i didnt even use GPS or maps.....just look out for seremban & NSH signs. Before i know it....im on the NSH liao. [nod]

Sounds like my first frus time in KL too! Turn here turn there just cannot get to the damn twin towers....but after a few times u get smarter. My last trip into KL didn;t even have a map or GPS. Drive right into the hotel! However, when in KL i don;t drive....take cabs or hitch ride with Msian frds.

For those planning a trip pls do update ur GPS before leaving.

park below of Resort hotel

i alway park there, it free oso

cos i'm a silver card member

if you r not member, better park open space carpark lots. much more safer.