Malaysia: Directions to Genting

Nhrisuzu

next trip still under planning.. [;)]

went straight after seeing all the signs in Cheras.. Cheras already have all the signs saying "Genting H'Lands"..

anyway, coming down was pretty blur.. cos forgot to ask which way to come down.. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

but turned over the map and trace back my route..

↡ Advertisement

hi I am not discouraging you on your trip north

but with so much bad publicity about the north

just wonder if it is worth the trip

if you should go wishing you a happy, safe and pleasant trip

[:)]

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

this infos is very helpful....i'll be planning a trip to genting this july.

btw which hotel did you stay? and where did you park your car?

thanks in advance!

• Praise 1

i stayed at Genting Hotel.. Parked at P4 (MSCP)..

when u are there, u will c lots of parking lots.. got P1, P2, P3, P4 etc..

P4 is infront of Genting hotel.. one night is around RM235 for a deluxe room..

the carparks are pretty safe at Genting, well lid and have frequent patrol by their POLIS.. [:)][:)]

but still, don't leave anything in the car..

Neutral Newbie

Actually coming back is much simple than going up. When driving down from genting, after you pass the toll, look for the sign "serembem", just follow it and it lead you to the Ns highway. The first time i drove up to genting following the cheras route but forget to ask go back how, thought follow the KL sign and look for the NS highway sign, i was lost in KL for almost 3 hrs!!! Damn, hungry aredi,so go coffee shop makan and ask the shp owner there how to go Ns highway, they told me to follow serembem sign. After my makan, i was in NS highway in less than 20 mins home sweet home.

I still drive up to genting but dare not go into KL unless there are people with me who familiar with the route.

I always like to drop by yong peng for the fish ball and Malaka for the chicken rice/poh pian/wan ton mee before heading straight to genting. As for parking, i always park at First World Hotel,the multi storey carpark, i always park along the stretch facing the mountain. [drivingcar]

bro.. i got back in a piece..

advise for going up by first timer here.. [sweatdrop]

1. Prepare around RM150 or so for toll (to/fro)

2. Prepare around RM200 for petrol (to/fro)

3. Ayer Keroh is a good place for a break.

4. Journey is roughly 4hrs depending on speed.

5. Alternative 1 giving by a MCFer earlier on is pretty straight forward. Road signs to Genting when u are in Cheras.

6. Better get ur radiator coolant and brake pads checked before going up Genting.

7. Southbound journey will be abit confusing, but is pretty alright if u turn the map around and trace backwards. [sweatdrop]

that's my feedback.. other than that.. try not to bring someone who keeps nagging to go up.. [lipsrsealed]

haha.

thanks for the update bro.

i got something to update also.

wifey just told me today, that she saw an article about a lady being raped in MY while her hubby went to toilet.

she say she dun wan to go over the causeway in the near future liaoz.

thanks anyway, i will still save this page in case she change her mind.

hehe.

i followed Cheras Direction on the way back.. took additional 1hr.. had some city driving.. [sweatdrop]

bro.. so follow Seremban is fastest right?? thanks alot!

4th Gear
(edited)

If your are going, can you record the distance at each turning points for the future benefits of those going first time. I lost my records. For example, after sg besi toll, what is the distance before filtering left to cheras. Then travel how long before filtering to karak hwy and again the distance before filtering off to genting. Do the same on the way back. Better still, ask someone to take pictures.

Edited by Dumb

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Tat is so far i know of cos dare not to try driving into the city again. [crazy]

Edited by Alf08

4th Gear

Go back by same route, Cheras. How come got city driving? You must have gone by Jln Tun Razak?

after sungei besi.. the cheras exit is roughly 2km away..

when at cheras.. don't bother about distance.. instead look at the signboards overheard..go Genting Highlands will be on the 2 lanes on the right.. [;)]

just followed a sign saying Cheras.. then got KL also..

then just anyhow whack.. don't know why got city, drove pass 2 traffic lights.. [dizzy][dizzy]

4th Gear

Jln Tun Razak toward Sg Besi also got Cheras on the left. Cheras is a big town.

Neutral Newbie

I think you got confuse [dizzy] when you see the flyover with so many signs and directions that why you got into the city.

4th Gear

after sungei besi.. the cheras exit is roughly 2km away..

when at cheras.. don't bother about distance.. instead look at the signboards overheard..go Genting Highlands will be on the 2 lanes on the right..

Better to tell beginner the distance to travel so that he can anticipate when to filter off. Cheras is a long long road and beginners may start to wonder or he may overshoot the filter lane to karak hwy.

yes.. lucky i know how to ask "where keluar??"

[sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

oh ya.. for sake of tummy.. remember to buy some Bamboo Rice on the way down from Genting.. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Our car got any problem crawling the mountain anot? Looks steep and my car seems cannot make it.. [laugh]

So usually i park my car at skyway den take the cablecar up LOL~ Wanted to try going up the mountain but no guts, scared the car out of breath den really shiok liao [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

Bamboo rice can go with their mutton curry [thumbsup] , some of the stores sell it. But if you can tahan, go malacca for the chicken rice. [thumbsup][thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement