Pay additional $2 just to sit in air-con area?

Meecar

(edited)

Pay additional $2 just to sit in air-con area?

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/viewPost2837.aspx

what happen if this to occur with our public transport system ... taxi, buses and so on?

Worse if management starts to charge money for our air-condition toilets in shopping centre?

post-1-1178458724_thumb.jpg

Edited by Meecar
↡ Advertisement

1. Lately, I've been dinning out at hawker centres and I found that their prices are going up rapidly. $3 at a start is nothing to shout about, looks like $4-$5 is becoming the norm.

2. Even though some may charge $2.50 or so, the portion and ingredients are miserable.

3. Can't imagine what will happene when GST goes up! I guess Can Drink can run up from $1.20 to $1.50 man! Shocking living.

Regards,

Public transport? I thought that was already the case, bus fares for air-conditioned buses are higher than those for non-aircon ones. Too bad for taxis they all come with aircons, but you don't get charged less if you tell the driver to turn off the aircon. [:p]

Then again, such price discrimination is prevalent in developed countries. A coffee costs less if you take away than dine in, since the dining space attracts rent. The French cafes charge more if you sit outside rather than inside, I'm still wondering why. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

in my opinion, they r taking advantage of our so called 'weakness'... To most of us, eating is an enjoyment so we will need the comfort while eating... thus, some ppl r willing to pay tat $2...

But for me, I will not wanna pay just for the aircon... I would rather spend that on another dish or drink... I think it's ridiculous...

I wonder if CASE allow this???

1st Gear

Prices at air-condition food court is higher than coffeeshops / food centre. perhaps they shld not charge the $2 but give diner discount for siting outside

There is a great possibility that is may be as big as YOUTUBE or GOOGLE

This business proposal include charging friends who get a lift home or nearest bus stop / MRT station for air-cond ride. Imagine what a wonderful way of getting extra income to offset GST.

In addition, most are drivers here and therefore they have a choice to drive to these places to eat and hence whether they will pay the extra $2.

In reality these are lousy excuses but how to change thread to lite and Ez now. Any suggestion? The wheels are already in motion. Must be careful the next time. Thanks. [:)]