Spraying caliper

Ivan323

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, i need advise on spray paint on my brake caliper.

I just brought a brake setup from 1 of the bro here but i want to remove existing paint on it abd to make it looks stock.

How do i remove the paint and by spraying the colour i want?

I tried sanding it off but very difficult.

Or can i actually add a layer of paint tat i wan w/o sanding it off?

Where can i buy those spray paint?

I remember i saw someone posting regardin spraying of caliper need to buy those high temp paint. If not, it won't last.

Or do u guys have any workshop to recommend for spraying of caliper at a good prices?

I need to do it asap since the brake still not yet install on my ride, at least i can save for labour in future if i wan to re-spray..

Anyone?

↡ Advertisement

remove paint - goto hardware shop buy "tek sai" aka Paint stripper. or dunno goto DIY-kenaFix. there also get sell but more expensive, tat's why kenaFix.

spray paint.. so far most pple use this one becos the gloss is good.

B0006HPLHO.01-A1MK3HAFHEKCQU._SCLZZZZZZZ_V24240275_.jpg

Neutral Newbie

"tek sai"??

Hmmz.. I shall make my way to paint shop for tat.

Where can i buy VHT spray paint?

Neutral Newbie

Thanks sis.

I had finished reading but i couldn't find the right info i want.

Mostly u guys are spraying a new layer on ur caliper but mine need to remove the existing layer before spraying.. [:(]

Neutral Newbie

yeah sis.

I'm making my trip to hardware shop 2ml.

anyway, do u knw where can i buy those VHT spray?

sin ming autocare level 5 got 1 shop in the "far corner" of the middle row when u drive up the ramp. forgot his name.

his VHT are placed onto a rack so u walk slowly can find. but he can do for u also if u want.

Hi bros,

I also wanted to get my brake caliper's colour changed. Thinking of getting Brembo brake cover but it is only come with red colour. Not going to spray on caliper if not future when changing the brake pads, there will be lobang there.

Any bro out there did re-spray Brembo cover from red to other colour before? And where can I get the covers?

Thanks [;)]

actually i also thinking of that! But i don't quite like the red color and Brembo words..

i'm thinking of taking the Brembo cover, spray silver, then paste my own decal [laugh]

but the problem is dunno if got any issues with those covers or not...i did a search in the forum and found some discussion on covers breaking while travelling or trapping brake dust etc etc...

anyways, threadstarter if you find any good deals for someone helping you spray at good price, dun mind let us know..tks!

Hi,

i got my caliper spray at $40 per pair..

Happy with the workmanship.

PM me if u are interested..

post-5-1184733811_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement