Carlube engine oil

Limlien

my nissan latio used cheap EO, end up here and there leak... suka suka overheat. 

End up change car. I wont say its due to cheap EO, but possibility is there. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

if the oil turns black means it is doing its job by cleaning the engine. if prolong still new and gold means something is not correct. unless the car is not driven since oil change. if everyday drive than the oil should be black.

my nissan latio used cheap EO, end up here and there leak... suka suka overheat. 

End up change car. I wont say its due to cheap EO, but possibility is there. 

and what cheap oil is that ? so MCF bros can siam far far 

Anything wrong with your cooling system ? 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

If I were to Guess, it would be coolant system problem or something like that, then overheat, then the seal damage from the high heat, don’t think it’s oil.

• Praise 2

and what cheap oil is that ? so MCF bros can siam far far 

Anything wrong with your cooling system ? 

a turtle pic on the bottle

• Praise 1

If I were to Guess, it would be coolant system problem or something like that, then overheat, then the seal damage from the high heat, don’t think it’s oil.

AFAIK,  EO besides providing lubrication also cools or remove heat from the engine.

This changes as the additives becomes depleted.

Similarily for the coolant. 

Supersonic

a turtle pic on the bottle

ahhhh, I have used once. Somehow feel not that good so never buy again. 

ahhhh, I have used once. Somehow feel not that good so never buy again. 

The bottle got a turtle is SCHNELL always Offer @ GIANT Hypermart.

Now should be $24.90 4L bottle

i have used it a few times on my old car. but indeed overheating issue arise. in the end car left 5 months i scrap it.

(edited)

i have used it a few times on my old car. but indeed overheating issue arise. in the end car left 5 months i scrap it.

Is your cooling system in good condition? Even you use mineral oil, I don't think it will cause overheating problem.

If you cooling system malfunction, even you used the best engine oil, it will still overheat.

Edited by Hachi
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Is your cooling system in good condition? Even you use mineral oil, I don't think it will cause overheating problem.

If you cooling system malfunction, even you used the best engine oil, it will still overheat.

i did a overhaul on the cooling system like 2 years before i start using this oil? Overhaul as in changed out water pumps, thermostats, radiator and hoses. and also top head cover gasket. 

So high chance i suspect maybe the oil is the issue. The oil itself may not be able to with stand the high heat thats why causing premature wear faster. FYI , the water pump gave way causing the major overheat.

But that being said, is just my experience on this oil.  Maybe others did not have such issue. For me, i will never use this brand again.

Edited by StreamRSZ

Turbocharged

i did a overhaul on the cooling system like 2 years before i start using this oil? Overhaul as in changed out water pumps, thermostats, radiator and hoses. and also top head cover gasket.

So high chance i suspect maybe the oil is the issue. The oil itself may not be able to with stand the high heat thats why causing premature wear faster. FYI , the water pump gave way causing the major overheat.

But that being said, is just my experience on this oil. Maybe others did not have such issue. For me, i will never use this brand again.

May I know how much you spent for overhaul?

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

But that being said, is just my experience on this oil. Maybe others did not have such issue. For me, i will never use this brand again.

Engine oil and cooling system are not related. There is no way that a poor oil will ever cause the engine to overheat. Likely your radiator fan is weak and did not remove the heat fast enough.

I have used this oil in 10cars over the last 15years and even sent the oil for oil analysis in USA. Both a toyota wish and Yaris had this oil for 160k km each.

Edited by Mkl22

Engine oil and cooling system are not related. There is no way that a poor oil will ever cause the engine to overheat. Likely your radiator fan is weak and did not remove the heat fast enough.

I have used this oil in 10cars over the last 15years and even sent the oil for oil analysis in USA. Both a toyota wish and Yaris had this oil for 160k km each.

how was the UOA for the Carlube? Triple R right?

the current ones on sale now aren't Triple R...

Triple R has more manufacturer certifications than the normal 5W40 sold in hypermarts, so at least i can still get 1 litre bottles.

fan motors are also new bro. above is just my experience. it also causes my head gasket seal to leak too and the gasket is also changed before.

May I know how much you spent for overhaul?

all the parts i buy myself i cant remember. i paid labor $ 500 for all the replacement job.

fan motors are also new bro. above is just my experience. it also causes my head gasket seal to leak too and the gasket is also changed before.

all the parts i buy myself i cant remember. i paid labor $ 500 for all the replacement job.

What good oil you using now? What grade?
↡ Advertisement