China Car Design is the best?

Kelpie

Until this day, many are still worried about the quality of China-made products.

Have faith, they built a Great Wall which managed to last more than 3 months.

Turbocharged

Should check out Changan CS85, I think its one of the best design the Chinese did recently. Great "referencing" from Touareg and X4!

CS85 https://gocar2.com/news/view/215

I actually think that one is good looking overall.

And unlike the X4, the rear window is one piece.

Neutral Newbie

Been looking at the Changan CS15 and CS35 A/T in addition to the Chery Tiggo 2 Pro.

I see the Changan has a DCT but Chery CVT box.

Do you know if the DCT on the Changan has wet or dry clutches also if it is reliable? Who makes their DCT boxes?

How reliable are the CVT boxes on the Tiggo 2 Pro also?

We drive in a lot of slow heavy stop/start traffic during the week and use the car for highway driving at the weekend(which requires good acceleration for overtaking on busy 2 lanes highways).

Many thanks

Neutral Newbie

The design is good, feature also very good. Quality not so sure. Have not heard any recall from any Chinese car brand maker where they have produced millions and millions of car that is what worry me. Even german and japanese maker had recalled before. 

Twincharged
On 11/24/2023 at 11:30 AM, Arogab said:

If I remember exactly, I did mentioned the Chinese are good at it but they are also good at cutting corners. Haha

they do cut corner or rather reduce the number of items. Example, most cars comes with keyless entry for all doors. China is only on drivet door.

Most comes as default with ventilation seats. China only the higher end model together with memory seats.

seem like lumbar support and seat tilts are also not standard offering that conti cars have.

Things that only the higher end model will have , the chinese provide as standard offerings. Like 360 camera , lane keep assist and adative cruise control, passenger side electric seats.

Supersonic
On 1/11/2024 at 12:25 PM, Handytouch said:

The design is good, feature also very good. Quality not so sure. Have not heard any recall from any Chinese car brand maker where they have produced millions and millions of car that is what worry me. Even german and japanese maker had recalled before. 

Indeed not sure of the China cars quality now. Last decade China car quality quite lousy.

On 1/16/2024 at 2:26 PM, 13177 said:

Indeed not sure of the China cars quality now. Last decade China car quality quite lousy.

Ever since GigaShanghai started, quality of China parts supplier has improved.

This has benefited the industry as a whole.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
On 1/16/2024 at 1:05 PM, Sdf4786k said:

they do cut corner or rather reduce the number of items. Example, most cars comes with keyless entry for all doors. China is only on drivet door.

Most comes as default with ventilation seats. China only the higher end model together with memory seats.

seem like lumbar support and seat tilts are also not standard offering that conti cars have.

Things that only the higher end model will have , the chinese provide as standard offerings. Like 360 camera , lane keep assist and adative cruise control, passenger side electric seats.

My cut corners is not the same as what you are thinking. 

What I mean is that, when there is a part that is stainless steel, they may use "Stain Less Steel" ......or if there is an electronics parts, they may even be using re-cycled parts. Especially plastic parts, quality can be compromised with composite too. To reduce cost, they may try anything that might just works. Thus, I don't trust the quality on the overall. Haha

It is the same like India, some suppliers just submit their samples and hoping we will pass them. Upon inspection, there are minor defects here and there includes inconsistencies.

High quality things need to be done with proper cost and care. Not maximized profitability

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)
On 1/16/2024 at 4:02 PM, Arogab said:

My cut corners is not the same as what you are thinking. 

What I mean is that, when there is a part that is stainless steel, they may use "Stain Less Steel" ......or if there is an electronics parts, they may even be using re-cycled parts. Especially plastic parts, quality can be compromised with composite too. To reduce cost, they may try anything that might just works. Thus, I don't trust the quality on the overall. Haha

It is the same like India, some suppliers just submit their samples and hoping we will pass them. Upon inspection, there are minor defects here and there includes inconsistencies.

High quality things need to be done with proper cost and care. Not maximized profitability

not really. This time round the EV are all mostly build by them with Govt susidies.

They also have KPI to meet to get funding's. With EV's the main component cost is the power module, the inverters and the intelligent modules.

THeres hardly a reason why cut corners unless its "A" component parts

DUBLIN, July 25, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- The "China Autonomous Driving Domain Controller Research Report, 2023" report has been added to  ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.

The computing power distribution and evolution strategies for driving-parking integrated domain controllers have become clear

Typical driving-parking integrated domain controllers that often adopt 5R5V, 5V6R and 5R11V help to enable highway NOA functions such as HWA (highway assist), TJA (traffic jam assist) and AES (automatic emergency steering), as well as parking functions like APA (automated parking assist), HPA (home-zone parking assist) and RPA (remote parking assist). With 1-3 additional LiDARs, they can realize urban NOA.

Neusoft Reach X-Box 4.0: with Horizon Robotics J5 and SemiDrive X9 high-compute chips and a 5R11V sensor solution, it supports access to 11 HD cameras, 4D radars, ultrasonic radars and 8MP cameras, and meets ISO 26262 functional safety and ISO 21434 cyber security standards, so as to enable highway NOA.

To cut down cost and improve efficiency, in addition to common solutions, other solutions such as 6V, 7V and 9V have also come out. Players reduce the use of radars, enhance vision-only algorithms and introduce BEV perception algorithm framework. Some Tier 1 suppliers even propose introduction of BEV perception algorithm framework into platforms with computing power of over a dozen TOPS, so as to further lower the threshold to enable urban NOA.

QCRAFT 6V1R Highway NOA Solution: compared with 5V5R solutions, the Horizon Robotics J5-based solution has a higher cost of domain controllers but saves the cost of 4 radars. On the whole there is not a big difference in their cost. QCRAFT's 6V1R solution highlights visual perception algorithm, and also brings the fisheye camera in the perception results during driving. Based on this hardware, the 6V1R solution allows for deployment of the BEV framework, and provides better experience and a longer service life than 5V5R solutions.

DJI Vision-only Driving-parking Integrated Solution: with computing power of 32TOPS, it is supposed to use a TI TDA4VH SoC. The perception solutions include a pair of DJI vehicle-specific front-view IMU stereo cameras, a rear-view mono camera, and four surround view fisheye cameras. Based on the powerful online real-time visual perception, decision and planning capabilities, this driving-parking integrated solution can enable all functions except urban NOA without relying on HD maps (the 7V configuration coupled with HD maps to realize urban NOA).

Emerging carmakers already stay one step ahead, and conventional OEMs are also accelerating architecture upgrade and high-level NOA implementation.

OEMs are stepping up E/E architecture evolution. Take BYD as an example:

e3.0 Architecture: launched in 2021, the architecture integrates five major functional domains: power, chassis, safety, entertainment, and body electronics. The electronic parts of each functional domain are laid out in a centralized way. The 12-in-1 body domain features four domain controllers and self-developed vehicle operating system (BYD OS) in the new E/E architecture; Central Computing Platform + Zone Controller Architecture: in 2024, the central computing platform + zone controller architecture was introduced to create BYD OS, a vehicle operating system which consists of two parts: BI OS for the chassis control domain; BU OS for intelligent cockpit and intelligent driving assistance.

BYD's previous autonomous driving systems mostly used the front-view all-in-one solutions from Bosch, ZF and Veoneer. Although the old solutions have yet to fall into disuse in full, BYD is also building closer partnerships with chip vendors and integrators such as Nvidia, Horizon Robotics, Huawei, Baidu and Momenta on high-end models like Denza, Yangwang and Xingji.

At the end of 2021, BYD and Momenta announced the establishment of a new joint venture called "DiPi Intelligent Mobility Co." to develop NOA, an advanced autonomous driving system to be mass-produced and deployed in 2023. This solution is expected to be equipped with dual Desay SV IPU04 ORIN autonomous driving domain controllers.

In general, in the fierce low-cost competition among automakers, autonomous driving system Tier 1 suppliers, domain controller Tier 1 suppliers and even SoC vendors are accelerating their pace of hardware and algorithm innovations in a bid to seek out most cost-effective solution combinations that provide better performance experience.

Edited by Sdf4786k

Supersonic
On 1/16/2024 at 2:26 PM, 13177 said:

Same as Korean cars. I remember when they just launch in sg.

1 of my friend Brought a pikanto and kenna laugh at. 

Look at kia now🥰

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
(edited)
On 1/16/2024 at 4:02 PM, Arogab said:

My cut corners 

My company have alot of China suppliers. 

Rather then call it cut corners. 

I see it another way. U pay peanuts, u get 🥜

There are both good and poor quality stuff from China suppliers/factory.  The mind set of most purchasers is if they are going to pay that amount for a China parts, they rather buy a eu or jp parts.

But they never see another view. If u pay 10-30% of the amount of a eu/jp parts for a China parts. U not going to get the quality of a eu/jp parts. 

And of course with regards to cut corners. With China suppliers,  u have to know very clear what u want and what u getting .

It's the same as with eu/jp, 

Most purchasers I know  the min they talk about China suppliers,  their main concern is lower cost. Quality come later.

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged
On 1/16/2024 at 3:09 PM, Sdf4786k said:

not really. This time round the EV are all mostly build by them with Govt susidies.

They also have KPI to meet to get funding's. With EV's the main component cost is the power module, the inverters and the intelligent modules.

THeres hardly a reason why cut corners unless its "A" component parts

DUBLIN, July 25, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- The "China Autonomous Driving Domain Controller Research Report, 2023" report has been added to  ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.

The computing power distribution and evolution strategies for driving-parking integrated domain controllers have become clear

Typical driving-parking integrated domain controllers that often adopt 5R5V, 5V6R and 5R11V help to enable highway NOA functions such as HWA (highway assist), TJA (traffic jam assist) and AES (automatic emergency steering), as well as parking functions like APA (automated parking assist), HPA (home-zone parking assist) and RPA (remote parking assist). With 1-3 additional LiDARs, they can realize urban NOA.

Neusoft Reach X-Box 4.0: with Horizon Robotics J5 and SemiDrive X9 high-compute chips and a 5R11V sensor solution, it supports access to 11 HD cameras, 4D radars, ultrasonic radars and 8MP cameras, and meets ISO 26262 functional safety and ISO 21434 cyber security standards, so as to enable highway NOA.

To cut down cost and improve efficiency, in addition to common solutions, other solutions such as 6V, 7V and 9V have also come out. Players reduce the use of radars, enhance vision-only algorithms and introduce BEV perception algorithm framework. Some Tier 1 suppliers even propose introduction of BEV perception algorithm framework into platforms with computing power of over a dozen TOPS, so as to further lower the threshold to enable urban NOA.

QCRAFT 6V1R Highway NOA Solution: compared with 5V5R solutions, the Horizon Robotics J5-based solution has a higher cost of domain controllers but saves the cost of 4 radars. On the whole there is not a big difference in their cost. QCRAFT's 6V1R solution highlights visual perception algorithm, and also brings the fisheye camera in the perception results during driving. Based on this hardware, the 6V1R solution allows for deployment of the BEV framework, and provides better experience and a longer service life than 5V5R solutions.

DJI Vision-only Driving-parking Integrated Solution: with computing power of 32TOPS, it is supposed to use a TI TDA4VH SoC. The perception solutions include a pair of DJI vehicle-specific front-view IMU stereo cameras, a rear-view mono camera, and four surround view fisheye cameras. Based on the powerful online real-time visual perception, decision and planning capabilities, this driving-parking integrated solution can enable all functions except urban NOA without relying on HD maps (the 7V configuration coupled with HD maps to realize urban NOA).

Emerging carmakers already stay one step ahead, and conventional OEMs are also accelerating architecture upgrade and high-level NOA implementation.

OEMs are stepping up E/E architecture evolution. Take BYD as an example:

e3.0 Architecture: launched in 2021, the architecture integrates five major functional domains: power, chassis, safety, entertainment, and body electronics. The electronic parts of each functional domain are laid out in a centralized way. The 12-in-1 body domain features four domain controllers and self-developed vehicle operating system (BYD OS) in the new E/E architecture; Central Computing Platform + Zone Controller Architecture: in 2024, the central computing platform + zone controller architecture was introduced to create BYD OS, a vehicle operating system which consists of two parts: BI OS for the chassis control domain; BU OS for intelligent cockpit and intelligent driving assistance.

BYD's previous autonomous driving systems mostly used the front-view all-in-one solutions from Bosch, ZF and Veoneer. Although the old solutions have yet to fall into disuse in full, BYD is also building closer partnerships with chip vendors and integrators such as Nvidia, Horizon Robotics, Huawei, Baidu and Momenta on high-end models like Denza, Yangwang and Xingji.

At the end of 2021, BYD and Momenta announced the establishment of a new joint venture called "DiPi Intelligent Mobility Co." to develop NOA, an advanced autonomous driving system to be mass-produced and deployed in 2023. This solution is expected to be equipped with dual Desay SV IPU04 ORIN autonomous driving domain controllers.

In general, in the fierce low-cost competition among automakers, autonomous driving system Tier 1 suppliers, domain controller Tier 1 suppliers and even SoC vendors are accelerating their pace of hardware and algorithm innovations in a bid to seek out most cost-effective solution combinations that provide better performance experience.

Haha, I know BYD a lot for being in China these many years. 

On 1/16/2024 at 3:11 PM, Beregond said:

Same as Korean cars. I remember when they just launch in sg.

1 of my friend Brought a pikanto and kenna laugh at. 

Look at kia now🥰

Anyway, no doubt the Chinese can build high quality stuff. My company HQ is also in China, we build for customers with a reasonable profits. If bad competition, we don't do. As we don't cut corners. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3