COE Open Bidding- 21/05/2007

DarkLord

Yah,

I think you are right that this is the 6th & last bid for bookings immediately after pre-CNY plunge.

Also, maybe luxury car do make a difference by 2% increase in GST as the OMV is normally very high.

I don't think the 2% GST would affect the OMV much. Even if the luxury car's OMV is 60K, 2% increase would only mean $1200 [laugh] U think people who buys luxury cars are bothered by the $1200?

↡ Advertisement

COE prices always go in a cycle...around july and dec they start to fall if u have observed for the past 3 years. However, this time round, COE up by quite abit because Govt lower the quota...means lesser COE per month so price will up by a bit. Another factor is the GST 2%. If u go showroom, the sales tactics is currently buy before GST increase. My advice don't listen to their crap. 2% of $50000 is $1000. COE increased from $5000 to $16000 which is $11000 more. $1000 vs $11000!! Once this GST thingy starts the kiasu singaporeans will stop buying cars for awhile and COE will drop by quite abit. You can start buying when COE reaches around $7 - 8K cos i doubt it will drop to $5K again.

Neutral Newbie

Yeah me too one of the 'back-log' CNY gang... luckily for me got the coe at the previous (5th) bid.

collecting my ride tomorrow. woo hoo! [:)]

I don't understand nowadays petrol price high, ERP high, parking high, traffic jam everywhere..., and not attractive new car on the market, why still so many peoples change/buy cars, push COE sky high [bigcry]

Turbocharged

Cos many do not consider road conditions before buy a car. It's only after buying a car, then they realised that it's actually not so 'cool' driving in jams on major roads. Some of my friends prefer to knock off on public transport than face the traffic in town these days.

Neutral Newbie

Agree,wait till one day more and more ERP grantry has set up,then more and more people will think that is it still worth to drive to work everyday or keep the ride at home.

even so they also want to buy, why only can you enjoy car, we can't? [:/] jam all jam lah, unless all get rid of driving lah [laugh][laugh]

huh? how to know whether secure anot?? hmmz...

now i duno whether to withdraw and go straight to kah motor go wit for the next round of coe which is like 10 years later! duh... [crazy]

steff

Can Back Deposit or Wait for Next Round... [idea]

How i envy u guys..

u all got your coe already but not me!!!

*sob* [sweatdrop]

guess wad? i was promised 3 guaranteed coe by this moustache salesman of mine! mine is a PI car.....his workshop is at automobile level 5!!!!!!!

(pls don ever go there! i have waited close to 2 months for my car!)

signed the forms on 1st april...till now...

now that my 3rd bidding failed he did not even sound paisey and still wana lie to me somemore saying my car definately be getting by 13 june! [furious]

guys! should i believe him or juz take out my deposit and go bang table at his workshop?

steffy [blush]

I seriously think u should take back yr deposit and wait for the COE and car prices to cool down. Its getting too damn hot liao. [shakehead][shakehead][shakehead]

""" his workshop is at automobile level 5!!!!!!! """

Bro, if its a workshop called C*** L*** S**g , take back ur deposit and sever ties with em, i got cheated by em once. freaking pissed with em ! CLS is on Lvl 5 too. AD is the best.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Steffy, if you are given the option of taking back deposit and can afford to wait, i would take it back if i were you. Current COE is too hot (even with a weak market), and you can observe the market again when GST 7% kicks in. No car no pain, unless you're used to driving around everywhere already. [laugh]

eddie (90085584)

Edited by Redeel