Advise on Settlement of Accident.

Ommph

Pertaining to the accident that I had shared with all the bros n sis out here in another thread (something about 300 skoda taxi). This is the email that I had gotten from the other party (it is a reputable logistic company) when i push for settlement:

________________________________________________________________________________

Pertaining to the accident on 07/05/07 @ 1230pm with one of our trucks (YL 5**5 Y), the company

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Do you have pictures of the damage on:

1. Your car

2. The company's truck?

If so, the circumstances which led to the accident could be better reconstructed. Otherwise it is one driver's word against the other's.

Also, did the driver admit liability after the accident? Did you speak to him after the accident?

Moreover, when taking off, you saw our driver cutting into your lane and horned him, which means the front left portion of your truck was on his lane (left lane).

Do you fully comprehend this sentence?

Edited by Koolaba

I totally dun comprehend dat at all. I only have the picture on the damage of my car but not the truck. I dun think the truck got any damage coz the bumper is those super big one? i will tried to see if i can draw up a map of the route n attached so that you guys can refer and give me ur advise.

I did not speak to the driver. for the driver's side, it is mostly handled by that company.

I had spoken to the insurance company and was told that for such case, it is normally 50-50 for payment.

Shld i proceed n do it? I m willing to pay from my pocket so that it wun hurt my NCD. i just want to make sure dat the stupid company pay their dues since it is not my fault.

Do u think Ph*a Spray can do 3rd party claim?

Ph*a Spray Painting does not do 3rd party insurance claim. There were many cases of delayed payments which led to this decision.

If you would want to save the hassle, I would recommend that you go ahead with the repairs from your own pocket. It is quite unlikely that the company will admit any liability.

Take this as a lesson to be be extra cautious of commercial vehicles. I am always on high alert when driving in areas with a high density of commerical vehicles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moreover, when taking off, you saw our driver cutting into your lane and horned him, which means the front left portion of your *his* truck was on his *your* lane (left lane).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the pm i sent you was to explain this sentence. They are trying to say if u see him cutting in and he is in front of you. why didnt you give way.

It is a waste time trying to defend or take up actions with the individual. A third party claim with the truck insurance company will send them rushing as the insurance, whether they are or not at fault, will hold their NCD or load them the following year.

↡ Advertisement