Stretch Limo BMW... Or is it?

Alanswan

Neutral Newbie

Last Sat, I parked at Wheellock Place and thought I saw a stretch limo BMW because it was parked as such:

67ec2na.jpg

At least that was my first thought.

As you can see from the first and the next pic, it's parked so far back, the rear wheels are occupying the lot behind him.

4lxz401.jpg

But when I went round to the front to snap more pictures, turns out it's just a normal BMW obviously driven by someone who can't park, depriving others of their paid parking lot.

6ba9gsw.jpg

I think there was enough space to park a Smart car in front of it... [:|]

This was last Saturday, 26 May 2007 at 5pm in the evening.

When I left at 10pm, the BMW was still there, but now with it's rear wheels back in it's own lot, although it's still occupying a substantial part of the other lot.

I think some guys got pissed and pushed it... [laugh]

So if you were stuck in the Wheellock Place parking looking for a lot between 5pm to 10pm last Sat, you know who is the idiot who took your lot.... [:p]

↡ Advertisement

if he park just nice inside.. i believe he can't open the driver's door becos of the pillar there..

unless someone will be so kuku like me to put to neutral and push it in from the passenger side.. then pull the handbrake to stop when in the lot.. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Turbocharged

I think because of the pillar he had to park as such, Either that he has to take more space on the right side

the lots are visibly damn small. it's only a 5 series yet there's barely any gap to open doors on either sides comfortably. especially with the right pillar constructed right at the drivers door. it'll be impossible for the driver to enter/exit the car.

blame it on the ppl who designed the carpark.

Agreed. I think its not the bimmer driver fault if we analyise probably. The design of the carpark is bad, putting the pillar at the door area.

Granted the car park design could be flawed, but the driver could

(1) park somewhere else without inconveniencing others

(2) park head in, in which case there would be clearance for him to get out.

no leh if he move forward such that his door pivot pont at the pilla there still will be able to open one..

Agree.

If he moves forward one foot or so such that his wing mirror is at the pillar, he can fold his mirror, open his door and the back of his car won't be sticking so much into the lot behind. It would help also if he parked slightly slanted in the lot, to give his door more space to swing open.

Just poor judgement and/or bo-chup.

Neutral Newbie

wahhhh... say its a 530 costing 250k, must park this way. what happen if its a supercar like lambo ??? must occupy the entire car park ??? [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

Frankly speaking, at the end of the day, I'm more amazed at the guy who pushed (I presume) the car.

Frankly speaking, at the end of the day, I'm more amazed at the guy who pushed (I presume) the car.

the guy should have pushed further more until the car hit something. [laugh]

Your photos also the same as the BMW.. can't finish looking without moving the scroller [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Should have pushed the car until just nice the driver's door is blocked by the pillar [laugh]

↡ Advertisement