Toyota Yaris

Jho0001

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

hi peeps, am intending to get a 10yr old yaris (06 model) and renew coe for a cheap ride.. 

would like to know what are the things to look out for and hope that i can get some feedback before getting chopped by dealers on the condition. :) 

Edited by Chin_wm

Supercharged

hi peeps, am intending to get a 10yr old yaris (06 model) and renew coe for a cheap ride.. 

would like to know what are the things to look out for and hope that i can get some feedback before getting chopped by dealers on the condition. :) 

smart move, this engine is damn good.

the only bad thing is the car boot is even smaller than my 1.2cc

spare parts can easily find in Malaysia..

• Praise 1

You should be able to get it at a very decent price. I own one from new and it has been an outstandingly reliable car. Current mileage is about 180,000km and I have changed suspension (OEM), driveshaft boots (a little pricey for Japanese items - $400+ fitted), and air conditioner compressor clutch ($200 recon), and a leaking gasket seal (less than $50). Aside from that I do regular 10,000km oil and filter changes and it runs like a champ. Although it does not look it, it shares a lot of mechanical parts with the Gen 2 Toyota Vios (2007-2011) as they share the same chassis albeit shortened.

It goes pretty well and does not have the same hot hatch perception as the Swift Sport or Honda Fit/Jazz so you're more likely to find a car that hasn't be thrashed.

Above all, its a Toyota.

• Praise 3

Supersonic

Owned 1 for a few years. Easy to drive, just normal wear and tear. Changed suspension and 1 part of Aircon.

Good bread and butter car.

Confirmed good bread and butter car, cause it is a toyota. Lol. But think yaris not say very popular back then although it is a toyota.

Owned 1 for a few years. Easy to drive, just normal wear and tear. Changed suspension and 1 part of Aircon.

Good bread and butter car.

Good.

For yr 2009 model, can someone elaborate the different in Specs, between E and G?

Wondering if get the E model, what do we miss.

Good.

For yr 2009 model, can someone elaborate the different in Specs, between E and G?

Wondering if get the E model, what do we miss.

Usually for Toyota, engine is same. The difference is prob u may not get

1. fog lamps

2. normal steering for E, for G spec u can control head unit if I am not wrong.

3. Some chrome trims which may not be present in E spec

Since its a 2009 model, just drive till COE up.. Nth much or special between the 2

• Praise 1

Because Jazz and Fit price is Lower than Yaris.

The popular car during that prior is jazz, fit and Getz? Picanto.

Surprisingly that jazz/fit price is lower than yaris back then? I know during that era, jazz/fit, getz and picanto were the most popular hatchback. Yaris not as popular as compared. Maybe people still prefer to buy a sedan when comes to toyota cars? Lol.

Supercharged

Surprisingly that jazz/fit price is lower than yaris back then? I know during that era, jazz/fit, getz and picanto were the most popular hatchback. Yaris not as popular as compared. Maybe people still prefer to buy a sedan when comes to toyota cars? Lol.

The boot space.. it's pathetic.. even smaller than my 1.2cc..

Other than that, an efficient car

Any owners of the 2005-2011 Yaris can advise if the 1.5 Yaris can pump 92 RON? Will be picking up a 2006 one for rental next month. 

Thank you!

Min RON for Yaris is 91RON, so you can safely pump 92RON.

Even if the car requires 95RON, and you pump 92RON, the ECU will simply retard the timing (which results in less power), so no issues.

Even if the car requires 95RON, and you pump 92RON, the ECU will simply retard the timing (which results in less power), so no issues.

Thanks for the confirmation! If anyone has usage tips to share for FC or anything else related to Yaris welcome to share :)

The ecu pulls ignition timing only when it detects engine knock. If one were to use lower than recommended octane for a prolong period, the engine is likely going to knock itself to destruction!

U need to get a tuner to properly detuned the car to run safely on 92 ron.

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 5

it has a conti feel and interior. was told this is designed in the west. if looking for a small compact car, definitely one of the better ones.

The Yaris already went thru several facelift and a new model. But Singapore Borneo Motors never bring in. It's a pity. And the current Yaris (Asian version) is heaps more spacious now.

↡ Advertisement