This is a RARE Car, try make a Guess!

Aidan

Correct! You hardly see it on our roads.

I took this pic when I was in KL, I heard from the owner that there is a successor for this car and it looks even more chio. Anyone knows?

Is this a COE Car, damn having seem any on the road before but did seem a Civic Hatch with similar door opening function before on our road. sly.gif

(edited)
Correct! You hardly see it on our roads.

I took this pic when I was in KL, I heard from the owner that there is a successor for this car and it looks even more chio. Anyone knows?

There was no replacement. There are 5 in sg.

P.S. They're not that rare. I see one everyday [laugh]

P.P.S. Do a seach there were 2 threads on the sera as one of our bro's wanted to buy one.

Edited by Elfenstar

Neutral Newbie

Dude, this car is a Toyota Sera, rite.

Really beautiful, pity that the engine is only 1.5l and the rear brakes are drums.

Btw i think this car is rather old rite?? I believe it was produced between '90 and '92 if I'm not mistaken.

Cheers [:)]

(edited)

An aircraft tech guy was selling his Sera last year for around $25K. Almost bought it but car really in very bad shape whether be it mechanical or external facade, need quite a sum $ to retrofit it back. Test driven it and the feeling was like driving a 1990 Daihatsu Charade, Zero comfort. Basically good to look at, not for those who are into speed. Most of the model in SG are made in 1990 and imported as a used car from Japan, the one I seen was registered in 1993 though.

Edited by Amazon777

That was sold to a dealer and bought by an acquaintance. It's was fully restored within 2 mths of its purchase. Cost him roughly $35k altogether.

Mine's a lot less hardcore than my 180 but as such its a lot more comfortable. Acceleration is fairly brisk. Handling is surprisingly good (since i don't think the car is very rigid).

That being said bar CRX's, vti and above civics, 4AGE powered corollas, and SR16 Pulsars/sunny's there aren't any NA cars 1.6 and below that would be able to outrun it thanks to its 120bhp/ton weight ratio.

So he spend about $10K to bring the Sera back to prestine condition. Quite reasonable, guess he must have some workshop contact, coz I was asking around where to indent the hydraulic rod supporting the doors which need to indent from overseas. End up, give up the deal. Btw, what car are u driving? A Sera?

he bought original toyota parts. and yup i drive a sera. its not as quick or handles as what i'm used to (thats why i tend to call it a POS), but for a daily driver, its brilliant.

↡ Advertisement