1.6 FSI engine to be replaced

Fluffy

Neutral Newbie

My opinion, if one is switching from a jap to a conti the jetta 1.6 offers a good alternative but do expect to pay abit more in fuel as the jetta wld be alot heavier than any jap just as my toledo. If already considering changing to conti then try other contis' to get a feel and compare the different features, etc.

↡ Advertisement

The golf and jetta interior feels cheap for a conti car. Externally the jetta looks somewhat like the altis.

anyway if one wants to get a Conti hatch, the Fiat Bravo with the 1.4 T-Jet puts out 150ps and 200+Nm 6MT ... now thats is a car with proper conti feel.

Neutral Newbie

ya curious about the Bravo 1.4T with 6 spd manual trans. None available for test drive. Did you test drive it and what's your opinion ?

did you try the lengkee branch? I did not do the test drive. Tagged along with my friend who was looking for a car. He tried the regular 1.4. The interior quality and finish is really class A++(for a hatch).

My opinion, if one is switching from a jap to a conti the jetta 1.6 offers a good alternative but do expect to pay abit more in fuel as the jetta wld be alot heavier than any jap just as my toledo. If already considering changing to conti then try other contis' to get a feel and compare the different features, etc.

[wave]

So, I'm curious - in your current situation, which conti would you consider? [sly]

[:)]

The golf and jetta interior feels cheap for a conti car. Externally the jetta looks somewhat like the altis.

anyway if one wants to get a Conti hatch, the Fiat Bravo with the 1.4 T-Jet puts out 150ps and 200+Nm 6MT ... now thats is a car with proper conti feel.

I've not checked out the Jetta yet but the Mk5 non-gti Golf did give the impression vw had cut some corners compared to the Mk4, which to many is still a benchmark of sorts for non-premium makes. But how does it compare to other conti cars of similar market ztanding? [:)]