Desaru

Les548

Neutral Newbie

does anyone know where is the fireflies in desasu and also the location of the pulai desauru beach resort is? I plan to go there next week for a short trip. Any comment from you guys?

↡ Advertisement

There is some Travel Agent Organize Tis Trip.....Around $50 .....

Include Lunch and Seafood Dinner.....1 Day Tour..... [thumbsup]

(edited)

Desaru is a very straight forward drive from Singapore. Its abt 100km and 2+ hrs drive.

I drove there twice within 1 year liao. Thinking of going again in Oct.

Do visit the ostrict farm and seafood nearby. [nod][nod][nod]

U can find some details, including driving directions here.

http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/gforum.cgi...desaru;#1479227

Edited by Hiphiphoray

Neutral Newbie

Thanks but does anyone know where the fireflies is? i knew the hotel provide the service but at RM40 per pax. from what i know if you go there by yourself is only abt RM20.

Neutral Newbie

quite new to SG and driving to desaru first time during holidays. can anyone confirm this route after causeway?

google maps shows -

after malaysian immigration

Continue straight onto Persiaran Tun Sri Lanang 700 m

Turn right at Jalan Ayer Molek 36 m

Take the 1st right onto Jalan Ibrahim 700 m

Slight left at Jalan Wong Ah Fook 1.0 km

Continue onto Lebuhraya Tebrau 6.8 km

My GPS in simulated mode shows

After immigration,turn right and go via jalan tun abdul razak..

which one is correct?any online maps for Johor? appreciate the help..

post-53778-1274342094_thumb.png

Find this on Google Maps.

Coordinates are as follows:

Firefly night cruise jetty

Last Updated by Jin Ngee on Apr 3

+1

Thanks but does anyone know where the fireflies is? i knew the hotel provide the service but at RM40 per pax. from what i know if you go there by yourself is only abt RM20.

It is near the round-about before you turn to the hotels (6km away). There are a few malay coffee shops there in a stretch of houses. Car parks in front of the houses.

Hi sorry to borrow this thread.. driving up to Desaru tonight for the first time, usually take boat the last time drove up i was 7 years old haaha..

Can share with me anyone, go by 2nd link or woodlands faster? do i get onto NSH? sorry abit noob.. i know how to go Malacca and KL from Tuas 2nd link cos abit idiot proof hahahaa other than that not clever so appreciate all kind souls who can help me... setting off after midnight..

thanks all :)

woodlands is faster by the distance count coz 2nd link you need to travel up eastwards again. Need to go into Highway 3 quite soon after the customs.

Best to to check the maps (google maps) before you go.

Hi sorry to borrow this thread.. driving up to Desaru tonight for the first time, usually take boat the last time drove up i was 7 years old haaha..

Can share with me anyone, go by 2nd link or woodlands faster? do i get onto NSH? sorry abit noob.. i know how to go Malacca and KL from Tuas 2nd link cos abit idiot proof hahahaa other than that not clever so appreciate all kind souls who can help me... setting off after midnight..

thanks all :)

very easy to get there.

hopefully you know how to get to tebrau city (route 3). from there, jsut drive straight up. road signs all the way. Follow route 92, then 90. eventually hit a roundabout, take exit 2 and go straight. Gao liao.

As for fireflies, dont be stupid and go with the hotel tour. it is 40rm per pax. You wait in your car, and wait for them to set off in the mini bus. follow behind. It is very near pulai desaru area, you will see 'Fireflies restaurant' and turn in all the way.... stop by the side at the end. When the boat comes to bring the tourist out the river to see the fireflies, jsut follow, grab a life jacket and board. No govt one... they dont check where you are from. Im the one that stupidly paid 80rm when on the bus, i realized i shld had drove.

Go for seafood at sungei rengit. It is down south along route 90. just go straight. wont miss one.

Thanks brothers for all your help

I lost my way... i reached Jusco Terbrau and anyway i headed in Kota Tinggi direction and then follow signs to mersing.. took us about 2.8 hours to get there... piang

what is the best way again? (sign board to follow)

Turbocharged

Get a GPS.

Desaru is damn easy and straightforward. In JB, just go straight (45min) and turn right (45mins), you have done 95% liao. :D

Thanks brothers for all your help

I lost my way... i reached Jusco Terbrau and anyway i headed in Kota Tinggi direction and then follow signs to mersing.. took us about 2.8 hours to get there... piang

what is the best way again? (sign board to follow)

actually can go street db to plot the map... i did a simple one... from tuas... if you want... pm me your email

I did have a GPS it doesnt have Desaru per say... anyway when i came back then i found how to clock Desaru.. it has so many ways to get there that its kinda making us unsure, we went by some off roads too

↡ Advertisement