Coolant Reservior Drops

Dunno

Neutral Newbie

Is it normal for the coolant reservior level to drop from the "Full" line to "Low" line about 8000km after the last top-up 3 months go? Hmm..only realised now (after counting the months) that my car averages 2500km mileage a month [jawdrop]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

no its not normal unless you are driving my vitara......i had to top up once a month.

Neutral Newbie

Dunno if the drop is gradual or sudden but don't think I noticed it 2 months back. Must monitor to see if there's any leak :(

Neutral Newbie

must monitor....park you car and leave the engine on......check got leak onto floor or not

coolant drop in a closed system should be very minimal, unless there is a leak somewhere inside/outside the engine.after 6mths, it should not even drop to 3/4 or 1/2.

check for leakages under the carriage.

Neutral Newbie

You've Got Leak ..... [lipsrsealed]

Confirm bro ..... better go check out where the leak is coming from before you suffer from uneccesary overheating.

3rd Gear

your coolant is difinitely leaking, either into the combustion chamber or thru' the Coolant Cap nod.gif

3rd Gear

if coolant is leaking into the combustion chamber or thru' the Coolant Pressure Cap, you'll not see any coolant leaking onto the floor wink.gif

Your car is definitely leaking coolant. How I know? Cuz I just picked up my car from servicing cuz of the same problem. Had to top off my coolant twice in a week. Found out that there was a leak in the reservior and not in the coolant tank itself.

Neutral Newbie

So how much did it cost you to get it fixed? My car still got 22 months to go b4 scrap so I'll see if I can live with it if the leak's not that bad. Just gotta check every one or two weeks.

Supersonic

Check your oil too. If the oil looks thicker or "creamier" than normal, it means the coolant is leaking inside the engine block. This one is bad news. [:(]

Neutral Newbie

At 8250km since last service, the engine oil is brown but doesn't look creamy to me. It seems more translucent than creamy. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Suzuki Swift 1.0 [laugh]

Not worth spend $$ to fix it if I'm going to scrap it...unless the problem will cause over-heating. I've been watching the temperature needle all the time while driving...so far has always been about halfway mark, which is normal for my car.

Edited by Dunno

Neutral Newbie

why yours down so fast?

my small car 6 mths never top up still at full level.

↡ Advertisement