Optimum No Rinse & Wash (ONR) review

Number19

Neutral Newbie

After reading many comments on Autopia regarding rinseless washes, I finally decided to try out ONR. Another fellow forummer demo-ed to me before and I found it extremely disturbing that a rinse step is not required. His sheepskin mitt literally turned BLACK and when dunking it into the ONR washpail, the dirt does not go awaydizzy.gif

First I started off with the rims which haven't been washed in 2 weeks.

Before

[inline rim1.jpg]

After

[inline rim2.jpg]

Here's the wash bucket AFTER all 4 rims/tyres + 2 dirty fenderwells

[inline rim3.jpg]

That's 4 reasonably dirty rims, and almost clear ONR in the washpail, only a little grit trapped inside the Gritguard. At this point I don't have a drying towel for the rims so I just let it be, I'm not about to dry the wheels and paint with the same towelknife.gif

Moving on to the paint, previously I would be doing Rinse > Wash > Rinse > Dry

Now I am going to ONR > Dry (panel by panel, top to bottom)

Mitt & Washpail before

[inline mitt1.jpg]

Mitt & Washpail after (you can't see but the ONR is rather clear, all the crap is trapped in the mitt)

[inline mitt2.jpg]

Nothing to shout about & the paint is still intactwink.gif

[inline "onr (640 x 480).jpg"]

I used only 1 surface of MD's WWMF towel for the entire vehicle, including door jambs just to see how dirty the towel would get.

[inline towel.jpg]

After all this which took about 40 mins, I AW-ed the entire vehicle, rounding up a 'quick' detail at just over 1.5 hours which included spot claying, hand polishing the entire roof with Poorboy's Polish with Sealant and polishing the sunroof with Optimum Compound.

My verdict: Safe, time-saver, cleaning power not good (perhaps I under-diluted) and good for areas like door sills. Get 2 drying towels, 1 for paint and 1 for rims, if you let ONR stand it will cause some watermarks. There are ABSOLUTELY ZERO suds. It looks just like plain water.laugh.gif

[inline "final (640 x 480).jpg"]

post-14-1180957867_thumb.jpg

post-14-1180957868_thumb.jpg

post-14-1180957869_thumb.jpg

post-14-1180957870_thumb.jpg

post-14-1180957871_thumb.jpg

post-14-1180957872_thumb.jpg

post-14-1180957873_thumb.jpg

post-14-1180957874_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

To make clay lubricant, add 2 oz to 1 gal of water.

To make QD, add 6oz to 1 gal of water.

These are also factors which made me try out ONR~ [nod]

Happy detailing!

Edited by Number19

Neutral Newbie

Sorry to go off topic, but i was wondering where u bought the GritGuard from? Is it really effective in removing and trapping dirt away from the wash mit?

Neutral Newbie

I got mine off detailogy.com

Scrub your wash mitt against the grit guard when u dunk it into the washpail, then the grit will come off and settle at the bottom~ This is for 1 bucket system~

(edited)

[/reply]

bro,

notice that you are using shmitt, do you happen to have the issues of tear at the edge?

Edited by Rliewky

Neutral Newbie

The opening for the hand to go in, the adhesive is pretty good, so far its good through 10+ washes~

Neutral Newbie

I got this feeling you won't be able to clean edges and crevices well with this but the design sure aids in releasing dirt easily [thumbsup]

If the price is right... [lipsrsealed]

maybe my hand is a bit too big for the shmitt as i have tear at the opening. have to glue them back. hopefully my wheel shmitt don't have the same issuesweatdrop.gif

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I hope your rims are not those multispoke type cos these shmitts might be a little bulky..

Overall I'm quite pleased with this ONR and shmitt combo save time save water save effort

If only we live in continental US, ji tao ask for 1 for 1 exchange [:/]

Edited by Number19

ya, could have ask for 1 to 1 exchange if we live in USunsure.gif. my wheels is not those multi spoke so it still ok. the shmitt can go in easily. the only issues i have is with the washing shmitt. have been using quite regularly. so they are tear at the opening and have to glue it back. else the tear may get biggersweatdrop.gif
↡ Advertisement