Are Skodas Unreliable?

Vit4wd

Skoda taxis are still a rare sight, compared the Toyota Crown taxis.

Yet recently, I have been seeing many broken down Skoda Superb taxis being towed away.

Just today, I spotted 2.

My neighbour who drives one told me of the many rattling sounds in the cabin too.

Are continental taxis not tropicalised to adapt to local hot and humid weather?

* No offence to Skoda owners

post-73-1181131901.gif

post-73-1181131901_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

But they scored quite consistently as one of the top 3 most reliable euro cars by some world class organisation.

Regards,

the way they 'race' the car, anything also die ..... sweatdrop.gif

there's a bro in this forum that drives one, lets see if he'll comment on the rattling sounds ....

so far, haven't heard of any private SPB owners here mentioned anything abt rattling cabin though ... other problems - yes but not out of the ordinary for VAG cars ....

From what I heard, alot of the Skoda cabbies tend to drive a little too hard on their ride and taking it to quite extreme conditioning.

For consumers, I believe we are more careful with our ride and do not drive as hard, there are a few bros here whom have been driving the Superb for more than 5 years and going strong.

Cheers!

I'm not sure if its the racing that killed the car, much more like idling overheat. Cab drivers have a habit of sleeping with the aircon, engine on. Often when I go home at 3am from work, I often spot taxis just pulled to the side of roads with drivers snoozing away.

If I'm not wrong, turbo cars is lively when it's in motion, but when set to idle for 3 hours? That probably might kill everything in the engine compartment.

Having spoken with the Skoda service advisor, the main cause of the Superb taxis breaking down is rough handling of the vehicles. Many of the mistreated Superb taxis have damaged undercarriage protective covers due to excessive speed over bumps.

In worse cases, some of the sensors found near to the undercarriage are damaged e.g. lambda sond sensors, ATF, engine oil level sensor. This leads to the emergence of fault signals. In such circumstances, the vehicle has to be towed.

Yes, I agree with you to some extend.

No offence, but then again, we don't see as many Toyota Crown or Nissan Cedric taxis breaking down.

I suppose these older technology Euro 2 vehicles are less technologically advanced and have less sensitive & complicated electronics in their engine bays?

Neutral Newbie
Skoda taxis are still a rare sight, compared the Toyota Crown taxis.

Yet recently, I have been seeing many broken down Skoda Superb taxis being towed away.

Just today, I spotted 2.

My neighbour who drives one told me of the many rattling sounds in the cabin too.

Are continental taxis not tropicalised to adapt to local hot and humid weather?

* No offence to Skoda owners

You still believe in the "conti car not tropicalised" BS? [thumbsdown][shocked]

rarely see cedrics on the roads now.. the newer crowns have higher ground clearance... and its true and skoda taxi drivers tend to chiong...

Turbocharged

Frankly i don't give a hoot for these skoda cabbies, the way they drive on the road deserves no respect from me.

Good riddance to those that have been towed away.

(edited)

You still believe in the "conti car not tropicalised" BS?

How does one explain the frequently warped rubber seals (all 4 doors)of a 3 yr old French make, despite it having been replaced thrice during the warranty period, and the engine oil dip stick rubber catch on top of the dip stick breaking apart, as well as the glovebox coming loose and rattling? The distributor of that French make was involved in the Ford Club saga.

Edited by Vit4wd

Well the skoda cabbie is trying very much to help me destroy or scrape them to improve the image of the privatelly own skodas mah..

So i really must thanks them..

The other reason is that most of them have blown turbos which is the result of the lousy oils that they use on the car.

U are comparing a Toyota Crown or Nissan Cedic with skoda which is like you are comparing a NA engine with a Turbo charged one.

Machiam like apple and orange.

Lets see how the cabbies survives if they use wrx for the cabs. keke..

Nono so is HID bulb less durable then normal bulb?

Is that your above questions?

IS Wrx less durable then toyota corolla?

toyota crowns are running on something almost like a pickup diesel engine.. naturally less prone to breakdowns...

lots of new brands of taxis on the road... give it a look see... and then we can actually get a good feel of the reliability of these brands...

btw.. does anyone know what actually happened to the old OPEL taxis? even my last time army OPEL GP car after awhile gone altho the mitsu lancer always there...

↡ Advertisement