Chery A168, not too bad!

Quantum

Well, mmm.... my definition of "point a to point b" car means more like a "ka da" in hokkien....should i say, a running horse, utilitarian, or a "sacrifice" car(?)... a car that u merely use it for travelling, nothing more, don't talk abt dressing it, no improving, no enhancing and to some extend, may not even wash it if u dont feel like doing so... may be a little extreme though, but for me, if its me, i'd adopt that.... [:p][:)] well, different people has different thinking lah.

i see ur point...

when i think of point A to point B, i just feel that all sg cars are such cos there isnt really much you can do with a car within sg unless u really travel that much in a day, which is rare also. most ppl are point A to B drivers in a normal weekday, home to work, work to home. Mebbe in between send kids and all but not that far. Therefore a Bentley and Chery are both point A to B cars to me! [laugh][laugh]

But if you're talking about a pure workhorse, then i get your point. But the term point A to B car is usually used by those who want to justify buying a car not expensive and probably known to be not that reliable.... i often feel that they use the term to fool themselves into buying a car they dont really like and normally, they themselves cant truly afford a car... IMHO lah..

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
the last time i went to chery roadshow at je... i sit inside the A168.... tried to adjust the seat, but the damm knob drop out! lol!

their SUV is nice though.. much better build quality.

maybe u too heavy

• Praise 1

change 2 piece of wiper RUBBER for me w/o my approval and charge me 70$, ask them put back they say sorry old rubber throw away

bosch aerotwin also rubber only $80 per pair

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I see I see.... anyway, these China companies just go for quantity lah, they will multiply...not just the engine, the exterior too...today BMW 5 series lookalike tomolo Lexus wanabe... [laugh] .

But seriously, i think one of these days someone there might just stand up and say: "look comrades! lets not cut and paste, the dragon must have his own identity!" [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Vicz

I test drove the A168 before. Conti ride quality. Can't fault it at this price. Anytime better than Geely CK in ALL aspects.

It was named the A160 when first launched, but later renamed A168 for the mildly facelifted model

See review:

http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/gforum.cgi...20A160;#1656397

And I was told by the Vertex that it is essentially a rebadged Seat Toledo.

Imagine getting a brand new Spanish continental 4 door saloon (it's actually a cleverly designed 5 dr hatch) for the price of a 1l Perodua Kelisa. [shocked]

hey just trade in your korean and get a CONTI RIDE QUALITY china car lah.... since you are not CONNECTED to your korean ride...

• Praise 1

(edited)

I think the 'CONTI RIDE QUALITY' refer to conti ride price drop to only $30k+ the quility [thumbsup]

$30k+ conti ride maybe quality worse than A168 [laugh]

Edited by Quantum
  • Praise 1

To reduce financial burden, My sister traded in her 5 years G9 to get Chery A168, occasionally I drove once and loaded 4 adults, to me surprised the engine is quiet, and responsive not lose my sunny dizzy.gif, and my sister told me after 1k service FC also become better, now about 13km/l under 50/50 drive pattern, even slightly better than previous G9 dizzy.gif

of course interior looks much plastic and unrefined handicraft compare to Jap/Tahi cars, else durability, reliability...etc all are doubtsconfused.gif, but only use to carry kids to/from school and drive to/from work, should be capable

only $30k+, how much do you expect lah? wink.gif

I just got my A168! I think it's an awesome car! The boot design is special and practical!

• Praise 1

The Toledo has a giant boot and interior space! Just like the Hyundai Stellar of the 80s. And even the 2l Hyundai Prima was in a class of its own back then.

That hyundai stellar dam ugly leh... Super squarish and long.

• Praise 1

I read somewhere that Chery is / will be using BMW group's Tritec engine, which is the phased out 1.6l Mini engine. If true, at least its reliable, even if not particularly refined or economical.

I tot its Geely CK? Its supposed to be using the Brazilian-made Mini engine.

Side track a bit. Do they build their own engine?

You asking a PCW that doesn't know much about car. laugh.gif

• Praise 1

(edited)
quite a lot of ppl use the term 'point A to point B' car.. what does that mean? arent all cars 'point A to point B'? I mean, it's singapore... how much can one drive? cross country?

Point A to Point B means you use your car to get to your destinations. Period. Nothing else matters. Ride comfort, quality, status, safety, FC, performance, etc...

Given that cars here cost so much; the numerous number of even more expensive cars running on our roads suggest that for most people cars are not just abt getting from point A to point B.

Edited by Bullterrier
  • Praise 1

I see I see.... anyway, these China companies just go for quantity lah, they will multiply...not just the engine, the exterior too...today BMW 5 series lookalike tomolo Lexus wanabe... [laugh] .

But seriously, i think one of these days someone there might just stand up and say: "look comrades! lets not cut and paste, the dragon must have his own identity!" [laugh][laugh][laugh]

If they can stop the corruption that is going on at every level of the business right down to the supply chain sourcing and delivery, maybe you will see better quality and better made parts which goes into the cars.

But if you're talking about a pure workhorse, then i get your point. But the term point A to B car is usually used by those who want to justify buying a car not expensive and probably known to be not that reliable.... i often feel that they use the term to fool themselves into buying a car they dont really like and normally, they themselves cant truly afford a car... IMHO lah..

i so agree with this point!!

• Praise 1

Supercharged
all companies goes thru the cycle of:

imitate, improve, innovation, invent

China is still at the imitate stage

Malaysia is at the improve stage

Korea is at the innovate stage

Japan is at the invent stage

[flowerface]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1