Golf GTI with Chemical Guys

Coltagious

Neutral Newbie

Here's a pretty new Golf GTI which came to me after "TLCed" by someone else who left pretty much swirls on the ride. Luckily, apart from some stained black trimmings, most of the defects were removed in a 2 step process and the solid red shine of the GTI was restored. [sweatdrop]

The Process:

1) Wash n Clay

2) DA with Orange LC pad n IP

** This step got the paintwork back up to about 98%, the follow step was added just for that x-factor this solid colour keeps calling out for** [nod]

3) DA with white LC pad n PO106FF

4) Rinse again

5) DA with grey LC pad n Chemical Guy's EZ creme glaze

6) Hand application of CG's Factory Sealant

Here's some of the defects and recovery made:

roofscratchbefRZ.jpg

roofscratchaftRZ.jpg

doorswirlsbefRZ.jpg

doorswirlsaftRZ.jpg

bonnetswirlsbefRZ.jpg

bonnetswirlsaftRZ.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Please pardon the colour differences due to the cmi camera....

a wet wet GTI...

sides03.jpg

sides01RZ.jpg

sides02RZ.jpg

front.jpg

Front n back:

rear03.jpg

sides04.jpg

sides05.jpg

front03.jpg

front02.jpg

Nice shiny back****

Rear01.jpg

Nice clouds

Posted Image

Bro,

Long time never see you showcase your work liao. [thumbsup]

This one got include engine bay detailing anot?

Neutral Newbie

Hi Sony, this one does not have engine bay detailing, the car just came out from VW's servcing and they appears to have kept things in order [thumbsup]

Anyway, the car went in cos of some electronic fault and guess what? the owner got a R32 as replacement car for a few days [jawdrop] and yes, VW had a hard time trying to get it back from him kekeke [laugh]

Be careful, VW have cases of calling in the police when owner don't return car [:p]

I must apologies that I didn't manage to contact you since last Dec coz I'm still trying to add more swirl mark to my car before I let you revitalise it back to showroom shine..

actually I'm moving house soon and that place got better sheltered car park, so maybe another few more months.

Till then, I try to DIY for now. [sweatdrop]

BTW, show your work to my cousin whose new Mz3 is in terrible condition as he work in Tuas. I guess he will contact you soon. [:)]

Neutral Newbie

Well, i guess when u have a R32, its not so easy to let go after having fun with it even for a few days [laugh]

Dun worry abt your appt, and for your DIY, there are some new n exciting products coming from CG which you might wanna take a look. PM me ur contact and I will add u to the list for preview if u like. Thanks for the support [thumbsup]