Anyone heard of HYPER OPTIK (from Germany)?

Ken_leong

(edited)

Anyone heard of HYPER OPTIK? It's supposed to be from Germany. How does it compare with V-Cool and 3M Solarfilms?

Edited by Ken_leong
↡ Advertisement

got HYPER Optik?

thot it was HUPER Optik ....same guys that brought us V-kool only, instead of metallic films, it is ceramic

Anyone heard of HYPER OPTIK? It's supposed to be from Germany. How does it compare with V-Cool and 3M Solarfilms?

Rather different from others coz it's ceramic based if I'm not wrong.

(edited)

One of the freebies given to me by Champion Motors when i got my GV was the Huper Optik solar film. Unlike V-Kool (or V-Cool?) which is metal based, the former is ceramic based so if you're into gadgets like GPS or the like that needs to establish signal with an outside source, eg. satelites, V-Kool may interfere with your satelite reception so depending on your option and choice, some bought external antennas that requires some DIY in terms of wiring, some literally cut a hole in their solar film to aid in-car GPS reception (unless done skillfully, it could be unsightly). Conversely, a ceramic based solar film will not interfere with GPS reception.

To give a fair review, since I have no prior experience with V-Kool, I'm afraid I'm not the best person to compare and comment but in so far as Huper Optik is concerned, I'll give it my complete thumbs up as I'm fully satisfied with its 'performance' thus far [scholar]

Edited by Chickenfarm

Neutral Newbie

Shld be around 700+, mine installed last July. BTW Huper and V-cool are under the same umbrella, only different is their material. My previous ride on V-cool and so just try Huper, shld say not much different ========= BOTH ARE GOOD. As long the film won't distorted the light at rear during night driving as other film had this problem - BEWARE!!!

Wow you can contact Poon @ 92700813 from Huper @ Bukit Timah Rd for quotation. Cheers

Eric Ang

Oh ok...pai seh, like I said, I have no prior experience wif V-Kool so I'm not in a position to say much [lipsrsealed] Actually the interference thingie was feedbacked from some Bros who uses GPS in a V-Kool environment and also sellers of GPS will also warn you abt. possible interference on metallic based solar films...perhaps their motivation was to get you to purchase an external antenna [:)]

If you are prepared to look beyond the branding of the solar films and zero in specifically on the following areas:

1. Film quality

2. Optical clarity

3. IR Rejection and UV Rejection qualities

4. Quality of installation

I would strongly recommend Tintsycool.

I have seen live examples of poorly-installed Vkool products, either from a Vkool franchise or a dealer. That gives me second thoughts whether to pay the premium for a branded product.

I'm using the sumitomo brand. To me, I go for the result.

I specifically ask for the film to be tested using those meters and take into account primarily the IR rejection %.

Even for V-cool there are many different range plus workmanship is very important like what was already mentioned.

The best product on the hand of rookies can be v ugly when applied.

To be v-cool is just a brand. It is popular because the name is 'cool' and whoever brought in this product bothers to give car salesman more commission during the startup.

Other than that, there are many brands out there that can deliver equal or more superior result at a lower cost.

↡ Advertisement