Road trip to thailand in December

Skinky

Hi guys,

Just a heads up. Update to the road trip to kl/genting/penang/krabi/phuket in december. Tentative date: 22nd - 1st jan (or before).

So far, there are

1 wrx (joining us to penang/1 couple)

1 integra (1 couple)

3 rav4s (1 family, 2 couples)

1 rented car (probably odyssey, few horny guys)

Total toll - Approx SGD100 per car (divide by passengers)

Total Petrol - Approx SGD120 - SGD160 (divide by passengers) (total distance, abt 2200-2500km)

We are intending to stay 1 night in genting, 1/2 nights in penang, 2 nights in krabi, phuket and then head back. Some may stay in resorts, some may stay in budget hotels depending.

Those that wish to join us halfway, please let me know, not an issue.

↡ Advertisement

No lah, 2 rav4 is 1.8litre.

anyway, we wont drive so fast one..

SUV where can go fast ? dun say the teg and rex lah.. kekekek

This is my dream!

Do u have more details to share? I am definitely interested but I am planning to go from phuket to Bkk to Korat if this actually takes place!

Cheers!

1. Any children tagging along? I hope the Tag/WRX don't drive too fast beyond 160Km/h most of the time. My max is only 190km/h. I don't have the habit of driving at night too.

2. Would we be meeting up to discuss about this road trip?

Thanks.

Regards,

This sounds good. I would like to tag along (wife with kid and maybe MIL [rolleyes] ) if its possible.

Most likely give Genting / Penang a miss since I've just done those very recently.

So I'd like to link up in Penang with you guys if possible.

Please keep me in the distribution as I'm very keen. Also, if there are meetups for discussion and planning. If you want, I can also help to ask around for more khakis.

I'll be in Phuket next month, so can take back some free maps and stuff....

Cheers.

Dear all who are interested, please PM me your email address, I will keep you in the loop.

Please provide the following info too

1. Your car (Self? Rent?)

2. How many pax

3. How far you joining us

4. Your interest level 40%, 50% etc etc..

Thx !!!

Hi bro, yes i think got 1 - 2 kids. One chap said he bringing his family.

We may drive to about 120 - 140 depending on vote and safety issues.

Yes, we should do that !!

Of course, this is super free and easy, with one convoy of vehicles going up in strength...

I'll keep you posted.

(edited)

I think speed is nothing to worry about.... those who wanna go fast can do so and be the front. Can also be lookout for $$$ grabbers and warn the rest behind if there's such going ons up front.

Those who wanna go slower can do so. Can be rear marshall.... and be the last car [:p]

If everything is planned well like where are the rest stops.... fast one just gets there sooner and wait for the rest lor..... [rolleyes]

Handsets would be very good to have... else gotta leave H/P on just in case. (because from experience, especially in urban areas, some will get hogged up by traffic and the lights.) Also, diff cars have diff consumption levels, so some might pull in for a pit stop ealrier/more than others.... getting left behind. But as long as the rule of stopping and waiting at designated rest stops is obeyed... I don't see much problems in anyone getting lost or left behind.

Oh... one more thing.... dunno if others are affected... but I think I gotta bring a drum of touluene along as I think the grade of petrol in Thailand would be a problem for me. (Wonder if they have at least 97RON like malaysian grade, or even if they have, is it widely available at all pumps) [:/][rolleyes][sweatdrop]

Edited by Dwoon

hi dwoon,

Yes, agreed. I will be getting a yellow beacon to put on my car and the front car. i'll probably be the rear dude. One of the faster cars can pave the way for us. I'm sure cars looking back and seeing a turbo car will give way, then to one that doest have a big scoop at the front.. kekekeke

But yes, we will plan out the various rest stops, probably every 200km we can stop and have a break. My fuel consumption is very bad, usually hit about 7km/h if my rev is continuous over 160km.

Well, not to worry, we can always bring some extra fuel canisters!! or some octane boosters.

Hi guys,

Just a heads up. Update to the road trip to kl/genting/penang/krabi/phuket in december. Tentative date: 22nd - 1st jan (or before).

So far, there are

1 wrx (joining us to penang/1 couple)

1 integra (1 couple)

3 rav4s (1 family, 2 couples)

1 rented car (probably odyssey, few horny guys)

Total toll - Approx SGD100 per car (divide by passengers)

Total Petrol - Approx SGD120 - SGD160 (divide by passengers) (total distance, abt 2200-2500km)

We are intending to stay 1 night in genting, 1/2 nights in penang, 2 nights in krabi, phuket and then head back. Some may stay in resorts, some may stay in budget hotels depending.

Those that wish to join us halfway, please let me know, not an issue.

I prefer to drive all the way to hatyai frm sgp ... skip MY

(edited)

yes..agree with poortraveller,save all ur nites in thailand..more worth it..

no need beacon or watever,juz meet at designated rest stop if u all break contact..

oso in thailand..dun speed & dun travel at nite..veri2 dangerous.

get insurance in thai border,if reali get involve in accident,try 2 settle privateli..if police comes into picture etc..it b veri leceh.

personally travelling in large convoy is a waste of time(in waiting 4 pple at rest stop etc)..huge chances 4 conflicts etc..esp in long distance..

Edited by Tarzan666