Dinooo

Please advise: Latio Premium or Civic 1.6 auto  

70 members have voted

1. 1.

• Latio Premium Sedan
    • Civic FD 1.6 Auto

Neutral Newbie

Hi Fellas,

I am car noob and would like to seek second opinions on car selection before I buy (will be sometime this week I seek).

Above are the 2 cars I shortlisted:

Latio Premium sedan

- Very nice and big interior

- 10k cheaper

- Not very nice exterior

Civic

-Power

-Nice exterior

-Better resale value (?)

-$$$

Can the bros here give me some advise on which one to pick..

Thanks Much [:)]

↡ Advertisement

Bro you got to see ur needs.

Im not being bias or anything hor.

But if you need

- Space

-Hightech( Ikey,Plasmacluster ion A/C/)

-Big boot

-Fuel efficient engine

LATIO

-Power

-Digi speedo

-Looks

CIVIC

I heard somewhere that Honda cars got higher insurance, means pay more.. not sure..

Latio is good if you want the high tech-ness lah.. and the space.. its humongous.. and you said urself, 10k cheaper.. 10k can do LOTS.

If you get the Latio, you can spend some money on extra luxuries like getting the reverse camera and GPS package into the Latio, add 2k for it. And ur car is very nice... whereas Civic you cant add all these in.. Can, but it will not be hidden into the dash...

For latio, the cam and GPS will take the place of ur double din HU, then ur HU will be a single din one.. above it.

Civic is a nice car.. never sat in one before....

But i must say Latio, is VERY good.. in terms of FC , power( adequate for city driving and e'way runs)

Dont expect to chiong first from red light if you get Latio, But civic, you can afford to chiong off first.

Yups.

Depends lah .

Agree.

TS, Go with the Nissan Latio and put the 10k in good use.

I feel that the drive quality of Latio is much better and much better value.

Bro PK, i rather he pay 5k more and get the Latio.

Its WAY WAY more worth it than the vios. Vios too small.... IMHO, VIOS too ex liao...

made in THAI eh...

Prioritise - Budget (is it an issue?)

- What does your heart tell you?

- Are you buying a car for its gizmos, bells & whistles, etc or for the engine refinement/technology/driving dynamics etc? Unless you are financially well off and can change cars like clothes then might as well get one YOU really like and not what others try to influence you to buy.

For a change you may want to ask for the cars' negative instead of positive inputs..

Personally i'm driving the latio 4AT. Looks of cause lose the civic but u'll never regret it. Good FC and a comfortable ride. If u like the fierce look can put the impul bodykit and 17 inch rims :P unless $$ no issue then go for the civic - my dream car

(edited)

buy the latio sports with the impul bodykit la. looks nice imo. if power and looks are ur concern, remove latio from ur list. if budget is ur issue, then civic has to go. most important u must like ur car.

but i choosed the civic in ur poll cuz i believe money is not an concern. hehe.

Edited by So_nice

Neutral Newbie

Civic to me the Legroom is more spacious than Latio

Headroom I think the same or maybe lose slightly to latio by a wee bit...

Both cars are worth buy in your range.. depends u want a compact sedan or mid-size sedan...

Of course a mid-sized sedan brings a "Towkay" look

If u choose Civic you might want to wait till its less overpriced before investing

But if want to get civic, should get 1.8 right ? But i still feel Civic too high the price....

for the price is a 1.8 civic

i rather be lookin for contis

bhp is not everything

you will regret on FC....ha ha ha....

Hmm... My dad gets 12km/l consistently for 100% city driving.... With hway driving, we can hit 14... =0

Latioboy, i think your analysis is quite good considering your limited expertise

but for all things latio and cefiro, u are a bona fide local expert [;)]

as you said, the Civic is a better car in view of its many awards, styling, engine, power.....but when one buys a car, one must fufil one's budget and needs more importantly.

no one doubts that Kah motor overprices the civic....it is still selling well despite the price...i think the only way it will go down is only after the new mitsubishi and new corolla is launched....wait for the civic facelift by then.....

the latio is built on a nissan march platform. just compare the march and the latio, u will realise they have nearly the same dimensions....both are just cutesy city cars to me....too ugly for macho guys to drive... [laugh]

you will regret on FC....ha ha ha....

latio fc may/ may not be as good as vios but is one of the best in its class....

save 5k more and get the vios ?? maybe rather spend 5k more and go for sushi car and avoid tomyam car [laugh]

↡ Advertisement