Which will you buy, Chery, Geely and Haifei

Typhoon125

If you are to buy a chinese made and chinese made only, which will you buy and why?

Chery , Geely or Haifei, only the makes that are here now. Thanks!

post-80-1182776434_thumb.jpg

post-80-1182776435.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

lets make it more interesting

1) if u can afford a bmw/mercs, would u buy a china car

2) if u had kids and ur wife is pregnant, would u buy a china car

3) if u travel a lot on the road doing a sales job, would u buy a china car? (knowing u might get killed, and ur clients might look down on u)

• Praise 2

Honestly, even a 5 year old Sunny performs better, is safer and will be more reliable than any brand new Chinese car. I value my life too much to drive a Chinese car day in and day out. I will either top up a bit to get a Malaysian/Korean car, or buy secondhand.

• Praise 2

i dun dislike china car, if those jokers want to make a mockery of themself and strap a 10yr old engine and a 3 speed gearbox to some trishaw and call it a car , let them be

end of the day, its the buyer who values how much his life is worth

if u notice my 3 questions all point to the same conclusion, is ur life worth saving such money?

can the china car last 14yr? 10yr? 5yr?

u be lucky to see it past the 3 yr warranty, wait a yr more and u see first batch of kill kills going to scrap yard

end of the day reliability and safety are the two keywords for any car

china cars dont come with those

(edited)

Actually i had not been to any of the china car maker showroom, i dont mind getting a make in china car if the quality meet my standard... As long the quality is acceptable and meet my budget why not? Anyway 10 years of life span is wat car in sg has.. and i doubt not many will drive your car for 10 years till it scrap.

Edited by Ivanpaseo
  • Praise 2

lets make it more interesting

1) if u can afford a bmw/mercs, would u buy a china car

2) if u had kids and ur wife is pregnant, would u buy a china car

3) if u travel a lot on the road doing a sales job, would u buy a china car? (knowing u might get killed, and ur clients might look down on u)

aiyah.. nv hear of KISS?

"none of the above" [laugh]

I will buy a korean, and if really no $, malaysian car.

if still too ex, 2nd hand car

• Praise 2

wosh! I didn't know they have a 3 speed gearbox! omg!

Anyway, wat model is it ar?

I went to "play" wif a display car during the last carshow, after closing the door of the geely sedan, I know it isn't a car that anyone shld buy. Even my lao pok car have better build quality than a geely... Seriously, even a Proton Wira that's so dated feels like a car more than a geely. No offence geely ppl, its either improve or sales is gonna be low.

• Praise 2

If you are to buy a chinese made and chinese made only, which will you buy and why?

Chery? To me, a korean make is pretty competitive in terms of price.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

NO.... I'll still buy Japanese car. No guts for China make car. Did you read their crash test report?

• Praise 2

i just saw the crash test of Chery A15 (not sure if it's sold in SG as sth else, maybe A168?)

even with the airbag, it was quite a disaster. the driver would have been crushed. the citroen C1, a smaller car, fared much much better.

i don't wanna condemn china cars just because they are.. well.. from china, but currently, they still CMI.

if it's between china car and motorcycle then i'll say take china car.

but between china car and public tpt, i'd rather take BMW. no offence to china car owners.

they may have copied other car models (just as the koreans still do sometimes) but that's just in looks. engine lousy, FC poor, spoil easily, still nvm, unless of course u are trying to evade robber/rapist up north.

basic chassis integrity is just not there. airbag also cannot save the occupants.

(edited)

Ya sure... last weekend i was at ubi, drove pass cherry showroom actually wanted to stop by and take a look. Caught a glance of the Chery MPV fom afar looks damn nice.... was wondering hows the interior is like...

Edited by Ivanpaseo

(edited)

Bro, y dun u let ppl vote?

For me, none. None of e China cars at e moment looks decent. Specs kinda lousy too...

Maybe u can take a look at this one. E most decent so far. Based on the Vios.

http://www.xxxxxxx.com/pdb/cdr.php?pid=11...%3D52%26aso%3D1

If budget is e main concern, top up abit more to get a Korean made car. Definitely much more reliable with better QC.

Edited by Seanboi
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2